Jason Campbell to the Raiders

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:55 pm

rkrazy wrote:As a Campbell owner I am happy and sad. Happy that he remains a usable option as a starter in Oakland and sad that he went to Oakland. I applaud Al Davis this year for his off season moves. I liked what they did in the draft, moving Morrison and acquiring Campbell. Hopefully now he dumps Fatboy to eliminate what will be their biggest distraction. Zach Miller went from #12 to #10 in my rankings.
I think Miller could be looking at 80/1000/6 this year.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:00 pm

rkrazy wrote:As a Campbell owner I am happy and sad. Happy that he remains a usable option as a starter in Oakland and sad that he went to Oakland. I applaud Al Davis this year for his off season moves. I liked what they did in the draft, moving Morrison and acquiring Campbell. Hopefully now he dumps Fatboy to eliminate what will be their biggest distraction. Zach Miller went from #12 to #10 in my rankings.
it appears al davis has released his iron grip a little after multiple embarrassments. for the first time in awhile there future seems ok
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:33 pm

MrUbuto wrote:
it appears al davis has released his iron grip a little after multiple embarrassments. for the first time in awhile there future seems ok
maybe cable knocked his lights out and drafted for him!!!

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:29 am

Orca wrote:Every time the ball was thrown in Louis Murphy's direction, good things happened for the Raiders. That is saying a lot, since good things are rare for the Raiders.
I gotta agree Orca!! No one is throwing Murphy any love on here! What's up with that? :D

Maybe I'm just hoping because I scored him with the 4.09 pick in my 4 round rookie draft. (I got Knox with the 4.11) :twisted: :lol:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:28 am

yumbo wrote:
Orca wrote:Every time the ball was thrown in Louis Murphy's direction, good things happened for the Raiders. That is saying a lot, since good things are rare for the Raiders.
I gotta agree Orca!! No one is throwing Murphy any love on here! What's up with that? :D

Maybe I'm just hoping because I scored him with the 4.09 pick in my 4 round rookie draft. (I got Knox with the 4.11) :twisted: :lol:
hey check my first post :evil:

Terpfan76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Terpfan76 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:05 am

I wouldn't sleep on DHB. True he's looked like a bust, but it's waaaaay too soon to say that. I really believe that Campbell's arrival will benefit DHB greatly as no one can doubt Campbell's work ethic which may rub off on DHB.
Hail to the Redskins!!

Qbs - P. Rivers, McCoy, J. Johnson
Rbs - McFadden, Sproles, Grant, Starks, J. Battle, Alex Green
Wrs - Jennings, Bolden, Benn, Amendola, A.J.Green, Hankerson, Pettis
Tes - Da. Clark, Boss, Scaife
K - M. Crosby, Longwell
D - Bears, Colts

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:52 pm

yumbo wrote:

What's up with that is Murphy can't catch. Lot's of targets, few receptions. Murphy's catch-rate was a horrific 35%! :oops: good for 2nd-worst in the NFL and 88th in advanced metrics. Only the stellar Michael Clayton has a worse catch-rate, 33%. For contrast, that's less than half the rate of Wayne, Welker, Ward, and many others. Only a whopping 35% of all targets were caught by Murphy. TERRIBLE.

Note: If he qualified, DHB would have the worst, at 23% but he didn't get enough snaps.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed May 05, 2010 12:51 am

Misfit74 wrote:
yumbo wrote:

What's up with that is Murphy can't catch. Lot's of targets, few receptions. Murphy's catch-rate was a horrific 35%! :oops: good for 2nd-worst in the NFL and 88th in advanced metrics. Only the stellar Michael Clayton has a worse catch-rate, 33%. For contrast, that's less than half the rate of Wayne, Welker, Ward, and many others. Only a whopping 35% of all targets were caught by Murphy. TERRIBLE.

Note: If he qualified, DHB would have the worst, at 23% but he didn't get enough snaps.
your stats dont factor who he had at QB. when u factor that 35% is AMAZING... think about it.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed May 05, 2010 4:04 am

Misfit74 wrote:
yumbo wrote:

Jamarcus factor? In the games I watched, Murphy caught everything within range and more importantly he made incredibly difficult catches in clutch situations.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Wed May 05, 2010 6:22 am

Misfit74 wrote:
yumbo wrote:

i hate that stat more than any other. qb throws the ball 5 feet over the receivers head and the receiver % goes down. number of dropped balls is a much better indicator, because it takes into account whether the ball was catchable whereas targeted doesnt
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed May 05, 2010 10:43 am

Guppy CEO wrote: i hate that stat more than any other. qb throws the ball 5 feet over the receivers head and the receiver % goes down. number of dropped balls is a much better indicator, because it takes into account whether the ball was catchable whereas targeted doesnt
Murphy had 9 drops last season, tied for 3rd most in the league.

But drops are equally misleading...everyone's favorite WR Braylon Edwards is accused of having huge dropping issues. I believe the official number for him last season was 3.

Here are some other names from around the league:
Vernon Davis, Dwayne Bowe: 11 - highest in the league
Santonio Holmes: 10
Brent Celek, Dallas Clark: 9 (along with Murphy and a number of others)
Marques Colston, Calvin Johnson: 8 (also with others)
etc.

How about using # of drops relative to the # of targets. 9 drops on 87 targets (Davis 129, Bowe 87 !!!, Holmes 138, Celek 112, Clark 132, Colston 106, Calvin 136)
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed May 05, 2010 11:03 am

skip wrote:
Guppy CEO wrote: i hate that stat more than any other. qb throws the ball 5 feet over the receivers head and the receiver % goes down. number of dropped balls is a much better indicator, because it takes into account whether the ball was catchable whereas targeted doesnt
Murphy had 9 drops last season, tied for 3rd most in the league.

But drops are equally misleading...everyone's favorite WR Braylon Edwards is accused of having huge dropping issues. I believe the official number for him last season was 3.

Here are some other names from around the league:
Vernon Davis, Dwayne Bowe: 11 - highest in the league
Santonio Holmes: 10
Brent Celek, Dallas Clark: 9 (along with Murphy and a number of others)
Marques Colston, Calvin Johnson: 8 (also with others)
etc.

How about using # of drops relative to the # of targets. 9 drops on 87 targets (Davis 129, Bowe 87 !!!, Holmes 138, Celek 112, Clark 132, Colston 106, Calvin 136)
That's is true, some good information there. But he was a rookie and he certainly did make some amazing catches in clutch situations. (Well as clutch as a situation can get involving the Raiders). I know this, I would rather see him starting than DHB, but really, that isn't saying much.