Instant Analysis Round 1 Oddity

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Instant Analysis Round 1 Oddity

Postby thevidon2 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:28 am

22. Demaryius Thomas WR DEN

Wow. I didn’t really think it was conceivable that Thomas would go ahead of Bryant. Those two will be linked forever now. Thomas lands in a great spot here and could easily be the #1 in Denver very soon. On talent alone, he’s ahead of Gaffney, Stokley, or anyone else the Broncos have. He’ll need to quickly learn how to run some routes, but he’ll have a big time opportunity, worthy of a top 10 pick in rookie drafts.

Why on earth are Jabbar Gaffney and Brandon Stokley mentioned and Eddie Royal completely ignored? Royal is very obviously more talented than either of those two......
Last edited by thevidon2 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:29 am

Because maybe McDaniels will trade Royal too :)

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Instant Analysis Round 1 Oddity

Postby Shawn » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:34 am

thevidon2 wrote:
22. Demaryius Thomas WR DEN

Wow. I didn’t really think it was conceivable that Thomas would go ahead of Bryant. Those two will be linked forever now. Thomas lands in a great spot here and could easily be the #1 in Denver very soon. On talent alone, he’s ahead of Gaffney, Stokley, or anyone else the Broncos have. He’ll need to quickly learn how to run some routes, but he’ll have a big time opportunity, worthy of a top 10 pick in rookie drafts.

Why on earth are Jabbar Gaffney and Brandon Stokley mentioned and Eddie Royal completely ignored? Royal is very obviously more talented than either of those two......
Maye because McDaniels completely ignored Royal last year :lol: Seriously, Royal getting traded to WAS would make a lot of sense though.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:02 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:Because maybe McDaniels will trade Royal too :)

Don't get my hopes up as a Royal owner...

I'm depressed enough as it is having Denver's defense. I don't want anything to do with Junior Hoodie and his oversized ego.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:56 am

I think McDaniels got personal with his draft. Unload Marshall, draft Thomas ( ahead of Dez ) and then give up the farm for Tebow because he's got character. We'll see how this plays out.

With Moreno, Thomas and Decker and Royal... there's a lot of talent there.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:26 pm

Phish Brigade wrote:I think McDaniels got personal with his draft. Unload Marshall, draft Thomas ( ahead of Dez ) and then give up the farm for Tebow because he's got character. We'll see how this plays out.

With Moreno, Thomas and Decker and Royal... there's a lot of talent there.
dont discount tebow either. 235lbs and ran one of the best 3cones out of anyone..