Lynch and Sanchez

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
pnt71
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Lynch and Sanchez

Postby pnt71 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:59 am

Two things becomes one:

1) I would like to trade Mark Sanchez - I don't really believe in him as a future Top10 QB - and I think his value right now is quite high.

But how high...?

2) I would like to trade for Marshawn Lynch, before it's decided where he ends. That should make him cheaper - and if he ends in Seattle, it could be a bargain (and a bad trade if he ends in Cleveland or stays in Buffalo, but I'll take that chance)

So my question is: When I'm going to approach the owner of Lynch with Sanchez, what should I get besides Lynch to balance the trade with Sanchez?

My roster:
QB: Kolb, Vick, Sanchez, Delhomme, D. Anderson
RB: Jacobs, Portis, Ringer (very bad - I know)
WR: Bennett, Chambers, Douglas, Evans, Gonzalez, Meachem, Robinson, Stroughter, Sweed
TE: Shiance, Lee
1.05, 2.01, 2.06, 2.10, 2.13, 3.13

His roster:QB: Favre, Leinart, Romo
RB: R. Bush, Greene, R. Jennings, J. Jones, Lynch, Slaton, Turner
WR: Branch, Britt, B. Edwards, Hartline, Jenkins, Ochocinco, T.O., Stallworth, Wallace
TE: Winslow
2.04, 3.01, 3.04

Thanks in advance

/pnt71

Edit: It should be noted I am rebuilding ;-)

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lynch and Sanchez

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:15 am

pnt71 wrote:Two things becomes one:

1) I would like to trade Mark Sanchez - I don't really believe in him as a future Top10 QB - and I think his value right now is quite high.

But how high...?

2) I would like to trade for Marshawn Lynch, before it's decided where he ends. That should make him cheaper - and if he ends in Seattle, it could be a bargain (and a bad trade if he ends in Cleveland or stays in Buffalo, but I'll take that chance)

So my question is: When I'm going to approach the owner of Lynch with Sanchez, what should I get besides Lynch to balance the trade with Sanchez?

My roster:
QB: Kolb, Vick, Sanchez, Delhomme, D. Anderson
RB: Jacobs, Portis, Ringer (very bad - I know)
WR: Bennett, Chambers, Douglas, Evans, Gonzalez, Meachem, Robinson, Stroughter, Sweed
TE: Shiance, Lee
1.05, 2.01, 2.06, 2.10, 2.13, 3.13

His roster:QB: Favre, Leinart, Romo
RB: R. Bush, Greene, R. Jennings, J. Jones, Lynch, Slaton, Turner
WR: Branch, Britt, B. Edwards, Hartline, Jenkins, Ochocinco, T.O., Stallworth, Wallace
TE: Winslow
2.04, 3.01, 3.04

Thanks in advance

/pnt71

Edit: It should be noted I am rebuilding ;-)
I don't think a lot of owners are high on either player right now but I think you would be fortunate to get Lynch straight up for Sanchez.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:41 am

what am I missing? did something happen to sanchez? why is everyone suddenly so down on him?
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:00 am

MrUbuto wrote:what am I missing? did something happen to sanchez? why is everyone suddenly so down on him?
I don't think anyone is suddenly down on Sanchez as much as I think he is viewed as a QB2 with a somewhat limited upside because of the Jets run first, run second, and play tough D personality.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:06 am

Steelersfan wrote:
MrUbuto wrote:what am I missing? did something happen to sanchez? why is everyone suddenly so down on him?
I don't think anyone is suddenly down on Sanchez as much as I think he is viewed as a QB2 with a somewhat limited upside because of the Jets run first, run second, and play tough D personality.
Exactly.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:08 am

Um, because he sucks. :twisted:

The Jets are a 'D' and run-first team. Even with a top-notch running game and behind an elite offensive line Sanchez was horrific as a passer. One of the worst rookie seasons in history. Why don't they talk about this? It's the New York Jets. If Sanchez played for Cincy or Oakland, you would hear plenty about how bad Sanchez was. 63 QB-rating (lame stat, but still), 53% completions, and a low yards per attempt. 20 INTs. He's has to play better or people will be rightfully calling for his head. For now, I'll give the rookie a break, but those are facts. The fact is that he sucked balls in 2009 - he managed games and helped win games behind a dominant defense and elite run-game, but showed almost nothing as a passer.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

pnt71
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby pnt71 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:12 pm

I am actually with you here, Misfit74. I haven't got great thoughts on Sanchez, but I have people in my league very interested in him. He has just gotten Holmes as WR1, people remember the playoff-games, where he actually played well, and tend to forget, how bad he performed in several matches over the season. So it's time to get him traded - because when the league starts again in september, people will realize, that he's not that good.

So I have this owner, who has Lynch, and he is high on Sanchez, but I can't get him to trade Lynch before it's decided where he will play. I do take a risk, of course, by trying to get him and not knowing where he's going, but look at the upside, if he ends up in Seattle (and the downside, if he ends up in Cleveland...;-)).

I haven't tried Sanchez for Lynch straight up yet, but I think that risk is too high... We'll see in a week or so

Thanks for the input, guys...

/pnt71

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:22 pm

pnt71 wrote:I am actually with you here, Misfit74. I haven't got great thoughts on Sanchez, but I have people in my league very interested in him. He has just gotten Holmes as WR1, people remember the playoff-games, where he actually played well, and tend to forget, how bad he performed in several matches over the season. So it's time to get him traded - because when the league starts again in september, people will realize, that he's not that good.

So I have this owner, who has Lynch, and he is high on Sanchez, but I can't get him to trade Lynch before it's decided where he will play. I do take a risk, of course, by trying to get him and not knowing where he's going, but look at the upside, if he ends up in Seattle (and the downside, if he ends up in Cleveland...;-)).

I haven't tried Sanchez for Lynch straight up yet, but I think that risk is too high... We'll see in a week or so

Thanks for the input, guys...

/pnt71
I wouldn't necessarily think that landing in CLE would be bad for Lynch, we still don't know if Jerome Harrison can hold up for a full season, plus a new West coast offense could be good for Lynch's value especially with receptions etc. Either way I'd trade Sanchez for Lynch no matter where he goes.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:37 pm

pnt71 wrote:So I have this owner, who has Lynch, and he is high on Sanchez, but I can't get him to trade Lynch before it's decided where he will play. I do take a risk, of course, by trying to get him and not knowing where he's going, but look at the upside, if he ends up in Seattle (and the downside, if he ends up in Cleveland...;-)).
Cleveland ranked 8th in the NFL for rushing yardage last season (Seattle ranked 26th). They were also a top 10 team in 2007. Consider 2008 a "blip" in the last 3 seasons when everything was pathetic.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:47 pm

You guys are all nuts :wink: doggin' on a rookie QB for having a bad qb rating and a boat load of INT's. at leaset hes a starter with huge ipside
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:13 pm

MrUbuto wrote:You guys are all nuts :wink: doggin' on a rookie QB for having a bad qb rating and a boat load of INT's. at leaset hes a starter with huge ipside
Agreed! He might not become a top option at QB.. but I think he has the potential to sneak around 12 like Eli Manning is doing.. and thats a nice startable option imo.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:48 pm

As you know, your team is weak, and if you make that trade, it looks even weaker on paper since Sanchez is your top returning QB.

What you need to do is find someone who is high on Sanchez and try to get more than Lynch for him. I'd be more likely to hold Sanchez and try to move Jacobs / Chambers / Evans for draft position or other upgrades.

If the other owner really wants Sanchez, see about getting Greene instead - you might have to give him something, like your 2.1 pick.

-oo-

pnt71
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby pnt71 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:31 pm

Thanks for the advice.

@meineymoe: I have aquired the Eagles QB's and will be starting them in the future over Sanchez - and that's why I am looking to trade Sanchez to get some building blocks for my RB roster, and Greene would be great..;-).

I will see, if I can get him to let Greene go.

/pnt71