Recent trade, feel free to chime in.

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:50 pm

The first trade I can see where both sides are coming from but I personally favor the Austin and Vernon side fairly heavily.

Now, this other trade, you got took imo. Unless Lynch ends up in San Diego, I don't think this is even close. Doesn't matter what Big Ben did, he is a better fantasy option than McNabb. So you traded 1.4 and Big Ben to downgrade at QB and pickup a mediocre RB...
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 pm

I think that you over reacted to a few things here; Ben's suspension, the possibility of Lynch going to the Chargers, Ware leap frogging 2-3 RB's in N.Y., and the hope that Troy Smith not only gets a shot at a starting job in the NFL, but becomes a fantasy worthy QB.

I don't like the deal...sorry.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:33 am

Steelersfan wrote:I think that you over reacted to a few things here; Ben's suspension, the possibility of Lynch going to the Chargers, Ware leap frogging 2-3 RB's in N.Y., and the hope that Troy Smith not only gets a shot at a starting job in the NFL, but becomes a fantasy worthy QB.

Agreed! And now you NEED Marshawn to be traded to a situation like SD.. otherwise you´ll have a hard time not being considered robbed in this deal.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:53 am

Steelersfan wrote:I think that you over reacted to a few things here; Ben's suspension, the possibility of Lynch going to the Chargers, Ware leap frogging 2-3 RB's in N.Y., and the hope that Troy Smith not only gets a shot at a starting job in the NFL, but becomes a fantasy worthy QB.

Agreed.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 am

BradyT wrote:

Agreed! And now you NEED Marshawn to be traded to a situation like SD.. otherwise you´ll have a hard time not being considered robbed in this deal.
exactly...not a good deal

ccteam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ccteam » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Well with the Bills taking Spiller, its looking good for Lynch to be finding a new home. Here's hoping.
12 team PPR Q, R, R, W, W, W/R, W/T, TE, K - 36 player rosters
E Manning Dalton
Sproles, D Brown Mendenhall, Blount, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno
Fitz, White, Holmes, Rice TBMW, Royal, Edwards, Bess
Pettigrew H Miller

ccteam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ccteam » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 pm

I get Matthews with the 1.1, and still have hope for Lynch getting traded somewhere useful, though it would have been nice if it was SD.
12 team PPR Q, R, R, W, W, W/R, W/T, TE, K - 36 player rosters
E Manning Dalton
Sproles, D Brown Mendenhall, Blount, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno
Fitz, White, Holmes, Rice TBMW, Royal, Edwards, Bess
Pettigrew H Miller