Brandon Marshall

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:58 am

Chief McDaniels continues the deconstruction of his team in a way that as a fan, would be hard to take
I was a fan since '87. I really can't root for them anymore. It disgusts me. I suffered through three Superbowl losses. Then saw Elway finally get what he deserved...two SB wins. After that I saw a real dry spell. And when Shanahan finally got a great offense in place again, it was dismantled in horrible fashion.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:14 pm

I like the move considering I am a Henne owner. Hopefuly Henne will blossom with a true #1 in town for him to grow with.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:47 pm

SpaderDude wrote:
Chief McDaniels continues the deconstruction of his team in a way that as a fan, would be hard to take
I was a fan since '87. I really can't root for them anymore. It disgusts me. I suffered through three Superbowl losses. Then saw Elway finally get what he deserved...two SB wins. After that I saw a real dry spell. And when Shanahan finally got a great offense in place again, it was dismantled in horrible fashion.
In all seriousness, what are you complaining about?

As a Vikings fan we've suffered through 4 Super Bowl losses and ZERO wins. The last time we were even in a Super Bowl I was only a few days old.

Oh, you shipped out a stud QB and WR in back to back years? Remember Culpepper and Randy Moss?

At least you got your Super Bowl wins. Stick with your team through the ups and downs my friend.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:20 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:
SpaderDude wrote:

As a Vikings fan we've suffered through 4 Super Bowl losses and ZERO wins. The last time we were even in a Super Bowl I was only a few days old.

Oh, you shipped out a stud QB and WR in back to back years? Remember Culpepper and Randy Moss?

At least you got your Super Bowl wins. Stick with your team through the ups and downs my friend.
the vikes are a new breed now though... as long as AP carries the rock u fellas have a chance.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:30 am

The more and more I think about it, I was an Elway fan living on the east coast, watching the Broncos. Once he retired, it was never truly the same for me. But I continued supporting them. It just all rubbed me the wrong way. Not saying that it was totally management's fault, but it was surely due in part. Actually, since, I'm not sure what team I actually like. I really watch a lot of them. Guess I'm more a fan of the sport and certain players. But I do feel your pain as a Vikes fan.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:02 am

Question...

Do the Jags gain anything with the Marshall trade? They hold the 10th pick, which could become a hot pick...would a team that is really high on Dez try to move ahead of Denver? Jags are short on picks this year so trading down could benefit them greatly. For their needs the value is still good @ DL and DB in mid to late 1st and adding another pick in this deep draft class is gold.

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:08 am

rkrazy wrote:Do the Jags gain anything with the Marshall trade? They hold the 10th pick, which could become a hot pick...would a team that is really high on Dez try to move ahead of Denver? Jags are short on picks this year so trading down could benefit them greatly. For their needs the value is still good @ DL and DB in mid to late 1st and adding another pick in this deep draft class is gold.
It would be a tough trade to make. Value just doesn't match up and the rumors of Dez's character issues will scare off some of the teams that could gain the most from a trade up to 10 (Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Tennessee), while another team that could benefit wouldn't make that type of a move for that type of a player (NE). Most likely trading partners are:

21 - Bengals
25 - Ravens
14 - Seahawks (but if the Hawks really want Dez, they will get him at 6).

Realistically, there are too many other talented WRs for most teams to move up.