Week 3 Preseason Games

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Week 3 Preseason Games

Postby DLF3000 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Wow, McCown threw such a horrifically high ball to a wide-open Duke - so the D basically killed him.

Yet another reason I wish I hadn't drafted a freaking Brown!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

ninotoreS wrote:Negative yardage for Coleman on 2 of 4 carries so far. Ward also had a -7 yard carry. Who, btw, appears to be the passing-down RB with Freeman out. Implies that Coleman is struggling with that in camp.

Game's still early, but as of now it's looking like either Atlanta's O-line is still a run-blocking disaster regardless of Shany, or Devonta Freeman is the only thing that can save this rushing offense. Ridiculous as that sounds.
All true but also the Dolphins front 7 has been dominant.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Melvin Gordon 10 carries 23 yards. He looks like he has no idea how to run behind average blocking.
Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Chris Thompson with the goal line work.

Ryan Grant is a person you need to stash if you have room

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Allen fumbles the ball away with a goal line carry.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:11 pm

Randall Cobb leaves game with shoulder injury, looked visibly upset. Un-freakin believable. :oops:
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:15 pm

Darkness wrote:Melvin Gordon 10 carries 23 yards. He looks like he has no idea how to run behind average blocking.
As sad as it makes me, I have to agree. Not impressed so far.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Novacane wrote:
ninotoreS wrote:Negative yardage for Coleman on 2 of 4 carries so far. Ward also had a -7 yard carry. Who, btw, appears to be the passing-down RB with Freeman out. Implies that Coleman is struggling with that in camp.

Game's still early, but as of now it's looking like either Atlanta's O-line is still a run-blocking disaster regardless of Shany, or Devonta Freeman is the only thing that can save this rushing offense. Ridiculous as that sounds.
All true but also the Dolphins front 7 has been dominant.
I'm also factoring in the rushing performance of the last two weeks. They're getting nothing.

As for Coleman's debut, he made all of his doubters look smart in limited action, and then apparently he was benched while Ward stayed in (and continued struggling himself). Seems like either he took an injury (the hammy?) or he made some sort of big screw up. I did see Ryan take a big sack early when Coleman was still involved, I only saw the tail-end of the play, though. I'm wondering if Coleman blew an assignment.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ppm
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ppm » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:31 pm

Atlanta took their important guys out pretty early with how badly their o-line was getting dominated by Suh & co. Both Coleman and Ward had no chance on a few of those plays and Matt Ryan was getting killed.

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:33 pm

I think I'm developing a man crush for M. Jones. Dude is looking pretty good running tonight. Also had a nice catch

MrBalloonHands
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MrBalloonHands » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:35 pm

general mills wrote:Ryan Grant is a person you need to stash if you have room
Grabbed him last year and have been holding. Heard his route route running is very polished. Not sure what he'll do with the nightmare that is the Skins QB situation but it would be nice to see him get some action this year.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question (I've been offshore and seen zero Skins pre-season snaps) but is Trey Williams getting any snaps on offense? Is he still on the bubble to make the 53 man?
QB - Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton
RB - Lamar Miller, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffery, Joe Williams, Matt Jones, Mike Davis
WR - Michael Thomas, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Quincy Enunwa, Josh Doctson, Cooper Kupp, Josh Reynolds, Leonte Carroo, Rashard Higgins, Cameron Meredith, Adam Thielen, Krishawn Hogan, Charone Peake
TE - Martellus Bennett, Evan Engram, Clive Walford, Virgil Green
K - Greg Zuerlein

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:37 pm

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote:
Darkness wrote:Melvin Gordon 10 carries 23 yards. He looks like he has no idea how to run behind average blocking.
As sad as it makes me, I have to agree. Not impressed so far.
It's something he's going to have to work on... I think he can improve, but I'd be a little nervous if I were a Gordon owner. Might make for an interesting buy-low opportunity if/when he starts out slow.

Andre Williams first carry of the game. Everything is blocked, he runs into his own blocker. This guy is so friggin bad, drives me completely nuts as a Giants fan.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:43 pm

I guess all that Josh Huff buzz was nothing but hype. He hasn't done anything.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:44 pm

MrBalloonHands wrote:
general mills wrote:Ryan Grant is a person you need to stash if you have room
Grabbed him last year and have been holding. Heard his route route running is very polished. Not sure what he'll do with the nightmare that is the Skins QB situation but it would be nice to see him get some action this year.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question (I've been offshore and seen zero Skins pre-season snaps) but is Trey Williams getting any snaps on offense? Is he still on the bubble to make the 53 man?
He is in there now. Might be a practice squad player. I have heard they really like him though.

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:57 pm

No broken bone for Cobb but will get an MRI on soft tissue tomorrow. Bryan Buluga did get injured however. Not a good time to be a Packers fan right now