DMC for Maclin

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Not a bad trade, but i wouldn't call it a steal. One less back to compete with in oakland. And i don't know how you couldnt like him coming out of college, the guy was a complete stud in college. And had he gone anywhere except oakland you would all be campaigining not to give up on him. I still like him. He has a ton of upside. Again, its not a bad trade if you need a wr, but starting running backs who are 23 (?) years old are hard to come by.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Pilate wrote:
bigcsr67 wrote:The deal is done. I traded DMC for Maclin straight up.
Wow.....steal for you and congrats!!

----------------
Now playing: MercyMe - Safe and Sound
x2

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:49 pm

BubbaBurst wrote:Not a bad trade, but i wouldn't call it a steal. One less back to compete with in oakland. And i don't know how you couldnt like him coming out of college, the guy was a complete stud in college. And had he gone anywhere except oakland you would all be campaigining not to give up on him. I still like him. He has a ton of upside. Again, its not a bad trade if you need a wr, but starting running backs who are 23 (?) years old are hard to come by.
x2

-oo-

weasel
Role Player
Role Player

Postby weasel » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Do any of you think Donnie Avery and my 1.12 would be a good offer for DMC?
This teams best WR is Steve Breaston, and he has Jamaal Charles, Jonathan Stewart, Jerome Harrison, and DMC

I'm just thinking if you all think he got a steal for Maclin, Donne Avery isn't too far behind him in the rankings.

:?:

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:05 pm

weasel21f wrote:Do any of you think Donnie Avery and my 1.12 would be a good offer for DMC?
This teams best WR is Steve Breaston, and he has Jamaal Charles, Jonathan Stewart, Jerome Harrison, and DMC

I'm just thinking if you all think he got a steal for Maclin, Donne Avery isn't too far behind him in the rankings.

most of us like the maclin side... not the mcfadden side.. avery and the 1.12 is a decent offer for mcfadden... depends how the guy feels about him... i dont think its enough to get mcfadden but you can try.

weasel
Role Player
Role Player

Postby weasel » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:08 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
weasel21f wrote:Do any of you think Donnie Avery and my 1.12 would be a good offer for DMC?

most of us like the maclin side... not the mcfadden side.. avery and the 1.12 is a decent offer for mcfadden... depends how the guy feels about him... i dont think its enough to get mcfadden but you can try.
Yes that is what I meant. He got a good deal as it seems most of you are not high on McFadden. I would still be willing to give him one more shot this year.

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:10 pm

DMC for Maclin straight up is highway robbery. Great work, and the other owner needs to go look for his pants......

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:19 pm

weasel21f wrote:I'm just thinking if you all think he got a steal for Maclin, Donne Avery isn't too far behind him in the rankings.
Whose rankings would those be?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

weasel
Role Player
Role Player

Postby weasel » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:28 pm

skip wrote:
weasel21f wrote:I'm just thinking if you all think he got a steal for Maclin, Donne Avery isn't too far behind him in the rankings.
Whose rankings would those be?
They are right on the front page of this webite: I don't go off of those rankings religiuosly, but I use them as a guide at times.
26. Jeremy Maclin, PHI
27. Wes Welker, NE
28. Steve Breaston, ARI
29. Pierre Garcon, IND
30. Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ
31. Lee Evans, BUF
32. Robert Meacham, NO
33. Eddie Royal, DEN
34. Antonio Bryant, CIN
35. Santana Moss, WAS
36. Mike Wallace, PIT
37. Devin Aromashodu, CHI
38. Donnie Avery, STL

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:33 pm

I think that's a decent offer for McFadden.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Avery's value is a bit low right now, considering how bad the Rams offense is, plus they'll likely have to break in a rookie QB next year with Bradford being likely drafted here. The offer for DMC is pretty fair though.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Steelersfan wrote:

I agree that Avery and the pick is a fair offer for DMC. In much more of the expected range than this deal.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Steelersfan wrote:

based on? His previous draft status and potential? Is Oakland to blame for his lack of production? I'm leaning heavily towards the maclin side winning this deal unless there is something I've missed.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:06 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:

based on? His previous draft status and potential? Is Oakland to blame for his lack of production? I'm leaning heavily towards the maclin side winning this deal unless there is something I've missed.
He is commenting about Avery and the 1.12 for McFadden.