Which RB would you rather have?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which RB?

Wells
41%
Greene
59%

Total votes: 34

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Which RB would you rather have?

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:30 pm

Chris Wells or Shonn Greene? Why???

Assume PPR.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:12 pm

a pair of Big Ten RBs... how can you go wrong?! :wink:

-oo-

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Wow, that's a tough one, but I went with Greene, since we saw that the Jets are built to run and ran effectively, even with a rookie QB. I don't know how effective the Cards will be going from a passing team to a running one under Leinart or, if they will even try to attempt to change their philosophy ( I'm assuming they will though).
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:37 pm

That's a tough one for me also. While I think that Beanie is the more talented back, I like the situation that Shonn Greene is in better. I think for right now, I'd call it a push.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Wow, that's a tough one, but I went with Greene, since we saw that the Jets are built to run and ran effectively, even with a rookie QB. I don't know how effective the Cards will be going from a passing team to a running one under Leinart or, if they will even try to attempt to change their philosophy ( I'm assuming they will though).
If McNabb ends up in Arizona, then I'd probably have to change my tune :) .
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Wells. He can catch, is younger, more explosive, and I think Arizona will get him the touches with Warner gone.

Greene's line is very good, but offensive lines typically regress after a couple dominant seasons. On pure talent/ability I like Wells. I think the philosophy of the Jets helps Greene, but Wells' team is heading a similar direction. Each has competition for carries and Greene may even have more if you also consider Washington returning to the mix.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:02 pm

As this site is tailored towards the dynasty format, long-term I'd rather have Wells as talent will eventually trump opportunity.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:20 pm

I had Greene rated higher coming out. I originally had some concerns about the Jets hanging onto Thomas Jones when I put my rankings together and it was an oversight not changing them around since that time. The only issue I see here is the 3 year age gap. I voted Greene.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:48 am

I would have to say that talent will eventually overcome the situation. Wells
Last edited by Salty Dawg on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:17 am

Misfit74 wrote:Wells. He can catch, is younger, more explosive, and I think Arizona will get him the touches with Warner gone.

Greene's line is very good, but offensive lines typically regress after a couple dominant seasons. On pure talent/ability I like Wells. I think the philosophy of the Jets helps Greene, but Wells' team is heading a similar direction. Each has competition for carries and Greene may even have more if you also consider Washington returning to the mix.

You are doing a hell of a lot of speculating here....

Yea, offensive lines regress...but tell that to the Jets who have had a top of the line rushing attack for YEARS (check the stats). Im pretty sure they didnt have this offensive line when Curtis Martin was toting the rock at 30 yrs old - so to me that point is moot because the Jets have always made it their business to assemble a solid rushing attack, and I dont see that changing......Lets remember there is a difference between who you think will produce more, or you think has more potential (the question didnt really make this question clear but aside from THAT :roll: ).....while Wells may have more POENTIAL that doesnt mean he is going to be more PRODUCTIVE over the long haul - of course none of us know for sure....but for now with the odds Im sticking with Greene because I have a much better idea of how he is going to be used, and further what Im going to get out of him - solid rushing and TD totals.....you cant say either for Beanie Wells....you can only say he can catch better.

Lets not forget...seeing and hitting holes is a skill too. Just because the Jets have a decent offensive mindset tailored to Greene's abilities does not diminish Greene's actual abilities (which I think a lot of people do)...the only thing Beanie has that Greene may not are hands and 3 years of age... 24 vs 21....other than that Beanie has to suffer at the hands of an offense that isnt tailored to him at the moment. That COULD change, but until it does Greene is going to CONSISTENTLY be at a high level....Beanie, with as much potential as he has, may not ever be consistent...people say FF is about luck, and its mostly because people like rolling the dice on upside over consistency - which at a certain threshold is appropriate, but here, and now, it is not...because they are both STILL young, and even if Beanie "outproduced" Greene somewhere down the road...its not going to be by enough to warrant drafting him ahead of Greene RIGHT NOW. Greene over Beanie until further notice.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:11 am

Greene. He is in the IDEAL situation to flourish for the next 3-5 years.

Manyx
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Manyx » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:44 pm

I like Wells to be the better back. The Cardinals will look to utilize Wells as the QB position will be much less stable with Leinart behind center. Wells will make the most of his chances and put up huge numbers behind a solid line in Arizona. Greene is a good back but not near as talented as Wells. The Jets have the best offensive line in the NFL but Greene is a solid NFL back not a great one imo.

Wells health is the only thing that will keep him from being a top 10 back for the next 6 years.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:27 pm

I went with Greene. While I believe Wells has more talent my judgment falls back on the belief that for non studs the system makes the player. Neither back is a stud IMO so the Jets system, offensive line and overall team makeup gives the edge to Greene. The QB situation and speculation that Whiz wants the offense to be more balanced is a plus for Wells but because of Leinart teams will stack up to shut down the running game in order to force Leinart to beat them. Wells will have good games here and there but Greene will outproduce him. Also noted that the Jets OL is vastly superior.