Roddy White Value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:
bigcsr67 wrote: Rice needs to show me he performs without Favre before I would make a statement like that. Roddy has put up the numbers 3 years in a row now, Rice has done it once. Rice is a physical freak, but I need to see more....
'

i prefer the white side :)
:?:
lol... i like roddy alot more than rice... i guess i said that statement backwards earlier...

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:17 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:'

i prefer the white side :)
:?:
lol... i like roddy alot more than rice... i guess i said that statement backwards earlier...
Yea, that explains it alright... :lol:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:55 pm

I have Roddy ranked at #4. Nuff said. :lol:

The only reason not to get full value for White in trade is your leaguemates and other under-valuing him or trying to get over on you.

He's in the prime of his career, has a great young QB throwing it to him, and the team is heading the right direction. I don't believe the #2 in ATL is a problem either. Jenkins is a fine compliment to White. That's ideal. He doesn't draw too many targets/TDs, yet is enough of a threat to prevent defenses from ignoring him. Keep in mind Jenkins has a great skill-set: 6-4, 217 with 4.4 speed and his abilities as their WR2 garnered him a 4-year, 20-million dollar deal in 2008. Jenkins has had between 70-90 targets the past 5 years. Jenkins is not part of the problem.

Roddy is an elite WR. The only reason I can think of him not getting the love is that owners are worried about 2+ years from now when he turns 30. Big deal. 3+ years of production from an elite WR's prime is usually not something to trade away without a great deal in return. Don't be scared to sit on him and reap the rewards.

Keep in mind that Roddy has a better QB than the other top-5 WRs and little injury risk, too. I can't say the same for Calvin or Fitz. AJ has a past history of injury (so does his QB) but has been healthy in recent seasons. Until S.Rice produces with a different QB or Austin does it for more than half a season, Roddy is right where he should be: firmly planted in the top 5. :lol:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Misfit74 wrote:I have Roddy ranked at #4. Nuff said. :lol:

The only reason not to get full value for White in trade is your leaguemates and other under-valuing him or trying to get over on you.

He's in the prime of his career, has a great young QB throwing it to him, and the team is heading the right direction. I don't believe the #2 in ATL is a problem either. Jenkins is a fine compliment to White. That's ideal. He doesn't draw too many targets/TDs, yet is enough of a threat to prevent defenses from ignoring him. Keep in mind Jenkins has a great skill-set: 6-4, 217 with 4.4 speed and his abilities as their WR2 garnered him a 4-year, 20-million dollar deal in 2008. Jenkins has had between 70-90 targets the past 5 years. Jenkins is not part of the problem.

Roddy is an elite WR. The only reason I can think of him not getting the love is that owners are worried about 2+ years from now when he turns 30. Big deal. 3+ years of production from an elite WR's prime is usually not something to trade away without a great deal in return. Don't be scared to sit on him and reap the rewards.

Keep in mind that Roddy has a better QB than the other top-5 WRs and little injury risk, too. I can't say the same for Calvin or Fitz. AJ has a past history of injury (so does his QB) but has been healthy in recent seasons. Until S.Rice produces with a different QB or Austin does it for more than half a season, Roddy is right where he should be: firmly planted in the top 5. :lol:
I agree on the Roddy White love and have him #7 in my rankings. I undersold White somewhat last year and really thought Gonzo would significantly cut into his numbers...I was wrong...his TD's went up.

I love me some Roddy and surprised Skip is not getting good value in his trade offers.

----------------
Now playing: The Classic Crime - When The Time Comes

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Pilate wrote: I love me some Roddy and surprised Skip is not getting good value in his trade offers.
I have had at least one that I would say was a fair value offer for him in the DLF. It wasn't a deal I felt fit my team.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:40 am

Last year i traded Fitz for Roddy and Shonn Greene...I love me some under-appreciated players!!!

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:24 am

princevincexoxo wrote:Last year i traded Fitz for Roddy and Shonn Greene...I love me some under-appreciated players!!!
As you can see by my roster in my sig, I like that move 4 you. Hopefully both of those guys will produce in 2010 and beyond!

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:05 am

princevincexoxo wrote:Last year i traded Fitz for Roddy and Shonn Greene...I love me some under-appreciated players!!!
If you're talking about our deal, vince, what you fail to mention is that it was Fitz for Roddy and some draft picks going each way, one of which you spent on Shonn Greene (and yes, I'd have taken him at 1.10 also). If we continue the process, I took Rashad Jennings with one of the picks you sent me (3.12), and proceeded to trade him back, along with McNabb, for Antonio Bryant, Fred Jackson, and your 2010 first round pick....

so, the whole deal is still incomplete. We can assess the outcome later. :lol:

-oo-

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:55 am

meineymoe wrote:
If you're talking about our deal, vince, what you fail to mention is that it was Fitz for Roddy and some draft picks going each way, one of which you spent on Shonn Greene (and yes, I'd have taken him at 1.10 also). If we continue the process, I took Rashad Jennings with one of the picks you sent me (3.12), and proceeded to trade him back, along with McNabb, for Antonio Bryant, Fred Jackson, and your 2010 first round pick....

-oo-
all thats important right now is this past years outcome :lol: and considering that those deals ensured the long term health of my team, and thus are actually going to help me more this year than last, I'd say that the benefit is going to be pretty positive if not better than last years - which is pretty scary if you think about it. :wink:

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:02 am

princevincexoxo wrote:
meineymoe wrote:

-oo-
all thats important right now is this past years outcome :lol: and considering that those deals ensured the long term health of my team, and thus are actually going to help me more this year than last, I'd say that the benefit is going to be pretty positive if not better than last years - which is pretty scary if you think about it. :wink:
That's if Greene can stay healthy getting 300+ carries! Could be a beast this year.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:07 am

hot nikkels wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
meineymoe wrote: If you're talking about our deal, vince, what you fail to mention is that it was Fitz for Roddy and some draft picks going each way, one of which you spent on Shonn Greene (and yes, I'd have taken him at 1.10 also). If we continue the process, I took Rashad Jennings with one of the picks you sent me (3.12), and proceeded to trade him back, along with McNabb, for Antonio Bryant, Fred Jackson, and your 2010 first round pick....

-oo-
That's if Greene can stay healthy getting 300+ carries! Could be a beast this year.
There is no if lol as long as he produces more than he did last season it benefits me more this year....especially since he is only my RB3 anyway...

we will see Terry!

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Steelersfan wrote:I ranked Roddy at #5 in our recent WR rankings. I don't think Roddy gets the credit he deserves because he plays in Atlanta as it seems like they don't get a lot of publicity.
This.

As said earlier, he's just not a "sexy" name right now, but the numbers and talent are there.

Manyx
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Manyx » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:28 pm

I have Roddy ranked #6 in my rankings. I expect Ryan and White to hook up for 10+ touchdowns in 2010. White is a young stud who isn't getting the respect he deserves.