The Todd Gurley Thread - Currently FA

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Gurley question?

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:04 pm

According to FBG Re-Draft ADP - Gurley is ADP 50, so basically late 4th early 5th round. In the only re-draft I have done this season so far, Gurley went 57th overall , while Gordon (Re-draft ADP of 31) went 37th.

Thats basically RB2 territory for Gurley in re-draft.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:23 pm

ArrylT wrote:According to FBG Re-Draft ADP - Gurley is ADP 50, so basically late 4th early 5th round. In the only re-draft I have done this season so far, Gurley went 57th overall , while Gordon (Re-draft ADP of 31) went 37th.

I run a redraft with a bunch of buddies, and there is no way I'm touching him there. The reason being is there is no telling when he'll be on the field. I can't have my 4th/5th round pick riding the pine for 6-8 weeks.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:47 pm

Kilmer wrote:
ArrylT wrote:According to FBG Re-Draft ADP - Gurley is ADP 50, so basically late 4th early 5th round. In the only re-draft I have done this season so far, Gurley went 57th overall , while Gordon (Re-draft ADP of 31) went 37th.

I run a redraft with a bunch of buddies, and there is no way I'm touching him there. The reason being is there is no telling when he'll be on the field. I can't have my 4th/5th round pick riding the pine for 6-8 weeks.
In a best ball I can kind of understand it and as such I can also see it from managers who like to draft a team of maximum upside players (a win it all undefeated or don't win a game mentality). I'm more conservative and like to give myself horrible line-up decisions each week by drafting depth and players with a high floor!!
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:14 pm

As someone said earlier, it has to do with the landscape of the RB position right now.....but there is no way he is valued above Bell....you'd be off your rocker to do that....Gurley certainly has more top end speed than Bell does, but Gurley would break both knees if he tried to make some of the cuts Bell can....Gurley is a North/South runner, he doesn't have the agility of a guy like Bell, and I don't like not having combine numbers on him....no doubt his straight line speed is better than OK, but it's the agility drills I worry about....Trent never had combine numbers either (although I believer Gurley is better) I really don't expect much from him this year....anyone thinking he's just going to walk in 9-12 months after an ACL tear from college and start lighting it up with that OL and QB/WR situation is in for a big disappointment IMO......I don't even see him getting many 15 plus carry games this year....I think they are going to be a RBBC once he does return.....I see Fisher playing it safe for the year with his first round pick....I personally don't value him as high as a top 3 back, but if I can get that value I'd flip him (hypothetically, I don't own him) I passed on him with a 1.01 for Cooper....
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

hankscorpio
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hankscorpio » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:29 pm

At first I thought there's no way he's even close to the 3rd best RB. In fairness, DLF average is #4 RB below Bell, Lacy, Charles. Then I looked at the rest of the top 10... I can see taking a couple others over Gurley but at worst I can't slide him down lower than #7. And I think it's splitting hairs debating between #4 and #7.

guy369
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby guy369 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:As someone said earlier, it has to do with the landscape of the RB position right now.....but there is no way he is valued above Bell....you'd be off your rocker to do that....Gurley certainly has more top end speed than Bell does, but Gurley would break both knees if he tried to make some of the cuts Bell can....Gurley is a North/South runner, he doesn't have the agility of a guy like Bell, and I don't like not having combine numbers on him....no doubt his straight line speed is better than OK, but it's the agility drills I worry about....Trent never had combine numbers either (although I believer Gurley is better) I really don't expect much from him this year....anyone thinking he's just going to walk in 9-12 months after an ACL tear from college and start lighting it up with that OL and QB/WR situation is in for a big disappointment IMO......I don't even see him getting many 15 plus carry games this year....I think they are going to be a RBBC once he does return.....I see Fisher playing it safe for the year with his first round pick....I personally don't value him as high as a top 3 back, but if I can get that value I'd flip him (hypothetically, I don't own him) I passed on him with a 1.01 for Cooper....
Luckily I got both Bell and Gurley :mrgreen:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:57 pm

guy369 wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:As someone said earlier, it has to do with the landscape of the RB position right now.....but there is no way he is valued above Bell....you'd be off your rocker to do that....Gurley certainly has more top end speed than Bell does, but Gurley would break both knees if he tried to make some of the cuts Bell can....Gurley is a North/South runner, he doesn't have the agility of a guy like Bell, and I don't like not having combine numbers on him....no doubt his straight line speed is better than OK, but it's the agility drills I worry about....Trent never had combine numbers either (although I believer Gurley is better) I really don't expect much from him this year....anyone thinking he's just going to walk in 9-12 months after an ACL tear from college and start lighting it up with that OL and QB/WR situation is in for a big disappointment IMO......I don't even see him getting many 15 plus carry games this year....I think they are going to be a RBBC once he does return.....I see Fisher playing it safe for the year with his first round pick....I personally don't value him as high as a top 3 back, but if I can get that value I'd flip him (hypothetically, I don't own him) I passed on him with a 1.01 for Cooper....
Yeah, I have Bell too, could have had both, went with Cooper....I would take him over Gurley 10 times out of 10, but Gurley was my 1.02, to be fair..... :thumb up: If he does hit, that RB combo is hands down the best in the league, I just felt Amari was a better prospect....time will tell.......

guy369
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby guy369 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
guy369 wrote:
Yeah, I have Bell too, could have had both, went with Cooper....I would take him over Gurley 10 times out of 10, but Gurley was my 1.02, to be fair..... :thumb up: If he does hit, that RB combo is hands down the best in the league, I just felt Amari was a better prospect....time will tell.......
I was offered a trade for Gurley during the draft, and after drafting Bell, I had to accept.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:07 pm

TheChicken wrote:
Kilmer wrote:

In a best ball I can kind of understand it and as such I can also see it from managers who like to draft a team of maximum upside players (a win it all undefeated or don't win a game mentality). I'm more conservative and like to give myself horrible line-up decisions each week by drafting depth and players with a high floor!!
Yes I would have to agree it all depends on your level of risk, and league format. However I would think, if we believe in a best case scenario of him missing 6 weeks, then you are getting 8-10 weeks of RB1 production, and at some point that 'assumed guaranteed production' will be just too hard for someone to resist.

The next 4 RBs, based on that current ADP, would be Yeldon, Stewart, Bernard & Randle. All of whom come with question marks as well. So if a team went WR heavy in the first 3-4 rounds, Gurley may be the 'best sure thing' left available at RB come Round 5.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Gurley Red Flag

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Rams' Gurley to open training camp on active roster

This is good news (and a little unexpected).
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:46 pm

dlf_jules wrote:Rams' Gurley to open training camp on active roster

Or bad new, if he he ends up like Bradford......

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:38 pm

They might want to keep him active/eligible to practice and all, but hopefully not rush him in to anything???
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:52 pm

As a big gurley fan I agree good news.

Would like to see him eased in his first 2-3 games. Seattle week one won't offer much to begin with. I hope they do treat him carefully. Hopefully gurley starts rolling by mid October. That would justify everyone who just spend the 1.01 on him
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:08 pm

schiewerma21 wrote:

As a big gurley fan I agree good news.

Would like to see him eased in his first 2-3 games. Seattle week one won't offer much to begin with. I hope they do treat him carefully. Hopefully gurley starts rolling by mid October. That would justify everyone who just spend the 1.01 on him
I really doubt it.....10 months after an ACL tear? I just don't see him being all that great this year...I think he will have an OK rookie year, and next year will be the year we see what he can really do...if he doesn't get hurt....again.

Killacam96
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Killacam96 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:12 am

Yeah I'm going Gordon at 1.01