NFL Draft tickets

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

NFL Draft tickets

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:19 pm

I was trying to find ticket prices for the actual NFL in New York. Are the tickets free? Must be a pain in the @$$ to get in then? Has anyone gone before and have any advice?

The change to how the draft is done might make things a little more difficult from a visitor stand point. Now the 1st rd is Thursday and the 2nd & 3rd rd is Friday correct?

I'd like to attend at least one live NFL draft in my life.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:22 pm

I think it's free.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: NFL Draft tickets

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:05 pm

hot nikkels wrote:I was trying to find ticket prices for the actual NFL in New York. Are the tickets free? Must be a pain in the @$$ to get in then? Has anyone gone before and have any advice?

The change to how the draft is done might make things a little more difficult from a visitor stand point. Now the 1st rd is Thursday and the 2nd & 3rd rd is Friday correct?

I'd like to attend at least one live NFL draft in my life.
That would kick bleep. I finally went to my first NFL Training Camp this past year. Attending the draft has to be accomplished in my lifetime - though it's a bit harder to get there from Vancouver, WA. :P
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 pm

Tickets are free, but you have to stand in line the night before to get them.

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 am

Pilate wrote:Tickets are free, but you have to stand in line the night before to get them.
I don't know if it has changed at all with the move to Thursday night, but they used to open them up on Sat morning. I tried to go once, got there at like 6am and waited in line for 6 hours. around noon there were still a few hundred people ahead of us. We quit and watched on tv. I don't plan on trying again. I enjoy sitting comfortably at home. If you want to go i suggest camping out real early.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:55 am

With the new NFL Draft schedule, I have no idea how it will work now. But when I went in 2008, here's how it went down:

The Draft started at 3 PM, and tickets were free. We got in line at 8 AM, and the line stretched past Radio City for about 6-7 city blocks. (!) The doors for ticket distribution opened at 9 AM, and the line moved slowly but surely. We finally got up to Radio City at just before noon and got our tickets. We went and got lunch. The doors to the venue opened at 1 PM, for which another line forms for about 3-4 city blocks. We did not get into the venue until about 2:30 PM.

Once inside, it was a lot of fun. Everyone got a free goodie bag from the NFL with a radio and headphones in case you wanted to listen along to ESPN or NFL Network; also inlcuded was a pen, stickers, a little football and other miscellaneous fun stuff. Many people left after the first round and we were able to move up to the front row of the second balcony. By the middle of the second round it was practically empty.

I'm told that there was no line if you came for the second day (rounds 3-7) and if you stayed until the very end on Sunday you got a ticket for the next year's draft so that you don't have to wait in the distribution line the following year. (You only have to wait in the line to get in.) 8-)

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:22 am

NFL announces guidelines for attending the 2010 NFL Draft

I am probably going to attend rounds 3-7 on Saturday. 8-)