Jay Ajayi - Red flagged after medical re-checks

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jecked
Starter
Starter

Re: Jay Ajayi - Red flagged after medical re-checks

Postby Jecked » Sat May 02, 2015 11:27 am

joshnco wrote:This is a good spot. Lamar in a contract year. Dolphins might have got their 3 down workhorse!
A guy with a bone on bone knee issue?

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat May 02, 2015 11:34 am

voiceofunreason wrote: Maybe because it wasn't bone on bone but got worse over time after the initial injury? You guys act like this has never happened before. I like Ajayi and it's too bad but I really laugh at people saying it was a smokescreen and they were drafting him in the first no matter what.
Bud, if it progressively got worse over his collegiate career, it would show up on his tape / stats his final year in college. But it doesn't. At all. That's the point.

It also didn't appear to limit him whatsoever in his Combine drills. Do you understand that cartilage is necessary for cushion, without which use of the joint is agony? Unless "bone on bone" is a gross exaggeration, then any strenuous movement with that knee had to have been extremely painful. There must fire where there's this much smoke. Every team passed on a first-round talent like Ajayi until Day 3, so the issue must be real. But it's still bizarre, because Ajayi looked like a man among boys right up till his final game, ripping Arizona a new one in the Fiesta Bowl a few months ago.

I mean, at this point I'm having to speculate that team trainers were giving him massive-dosage painkilling injections in his knee every Saturday (would that even work?), and somehow it's been kept a secret from everyone. I hate being forced to resort to conspiracy theory to explain something mundane.
You guys act like this has never happened before.
Then post something useful and give us a similar precedent, and you can't use someone that got seriously injured at some point in their final college year, obviously.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 02, 2015 12:57 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
voiceofunreason wrote: Maybe because it wasn't bone on bone but got worse over time after the initial injury? You guys act like this has never happened before. I like Ajayi and it's too bad but I really laugh at people saying it was a smokescreen and they were drafting him in the first no matter what.
Bud, if it progressively got worse over his collegiate career, it would show up on his tape / stats his final year in college. But it doesn't. At all. That's the point.

It also didn't appear to limit him whatsoever in his Combine drills. Do you understand that cartilage is necessary for cushion, without which use of the joint is agony? Unless "bone on bone" is a gross exaggeration, then any strenuous movement with that knee had to have been extremely painful. There must fire where there's this much smoke. Every team passed on a first-round talent like Ajayi until Day 3, so the issue must be real. But it's still bizarre, because Ajayi looked like a man among boys right up till his final game, ripping Arizona a new one in the Fiesta Bowl a few months ago.

I mean, at this point I'm having to speculate that team trainers were giving him massive-dosage painkilling injections in his knee every Saturday (would that even work?), and somehow it's been kept a secret from everyone. I hate being forced to resort to conspiracy theory to explain something mundane.
You guys act like this has never happened before.

Then post something useful and give us a similar precedent, and you can't use someone that got seriously injured at some point in their final college year, obviously.
First round talent? That's not the consensus grade on him.

Obviously teams are concerned enough about the knee that he slipped 3 rounds. Most seem to view it like a ticking time bomb. Obviously for FF purposes it becomes a risky pick as well. My fantasy football team doesn't have a team doctor, so I have to base my assessment on the fact he fell 3 full rounds due to injury concerns when evaluating when to pick a player.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

57bronc
Rookie
Rookie

Postby 57bronc » Sat May 02, 2015 1:05 pm

I won't spend a 1st on jay but if he falls to me at 2.07 I will take him.
Team 1
QB- Marcus Mariota, T. Siemian, M. Trubisky
RB- Ty Montgomery, Jeremy Hill, Rob Kelly, Jay Ajayi, Matt Breida, Darren McFadden
WR- Tyree Hill, Donte Moncrief, Devante Parker, Cory Davis, R Lewis, J Doctson, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson
TE- G. Kittle, M. Bennett, G. Everett
Team 2
QB Phillip Rivers, Alex Smith
RB LeSean McCoy, Leonard Fournette, Zeke Elliott, Jay Ajayi, Doug Martin, Javorius Allen, Jerick McKinnon, Davin Cook
WR Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Devante Parker, Corey Davis, Josh Doctson, Kenny Golladay, Odell Beckham, Allen Robinson,
TE Tyler Eifert, Austin Seferian-Jenkins

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat May 02, 2015 1:56 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Then post something useful and give us a similar precedent, and you can't use someone that got seriously injured at some point in their final college year, obviously.
There's 100s of rbs picked 5th round or later and a handful of players who've had success. It's that simple. Yet you get guys on here before the draft saying that it's irrelevant and they are picking Ajayi in the first round no matter what happens.

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Would you take a chance and draft him at 2.09?
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

12 Team PPR
QB: Mahomes Tua
RB: Barkley Pacheco Ekeler Dobbins Brooks
WR: Hill Chase Deebo Godwin Flowers London McLaurin JSN B.Thomas Juju M.Thomas
TE: Kincaid Gesicki Ertz

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Mon May 04, 2015 1:17 pm

He fell to me yesterday at 2.6.. I drafted him at 2.6.. and didnt look back.

I also had the 2.8 which I followed up with Duke Johnson and 3.1 for Mike Davis (12 team league)

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Mon May 04, 2015 1:25 pm

Jecked wrote:
joshnco wrote:This is a good spot. Lamar in a contract year. Dolphins might have got their 3 down workhorse!
I saw 0 reports of it being bone on bone? where did you see that? Even Jene Bramel from football guys has brought up it being bone on bone. I think he's a steal in the early to mid second round.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

Jecked
Starter
Starter

Postby Jecked » Mon May 04, 2015 1:38 pm

rock-hammerson wrote:
Jecked wrote:
I saw 0 reports of it being bone on bone? where did you see that? Even Jene Bramel from football guys has brought up it being bone on bone. I think he's a steal in the early to mid second round.
Mike Mayock, said there is little cartilage in his knee left.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Mon May 04, 2015 1:46 pm

I meant to say Bramel hasn't brought up it being bone on bone. sorry about that!
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Mon May 04, 2015 2:35 pm

JUdoubleD wrote:He fell to me yesterday at 2.6.. I drafted him at 2.6.. and didnt look back.

I also had the 2.8 which I followed up with Duke Johnson and 3.1 for Mike Davis (12 team league)
Duke at 2.8 is a steal, especially in PPR.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Bump...

I have a draft coming up this weekend... where is everyone at these days on Ajayi? Where have people been picking him in their drafts? Is he still an early 2nd rounder?

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:46 pm

There are 3 camps:

- Ignore the fact that 32 GM's passed on him for 4+ rounds, he's a 2nd round grade in a good situation.
- Ignore the 2nd round pre draft grade; he was a 5th round pick and those succeed next to never.
- Draft him on community perceived value and flip at the first sign of promise.

Those 3 camps value at early 2nd, mid 3rd, and mid 2nd respectively.
Last edited by Telperion on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

matrixinla
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby matrixinla » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:44 pm

If he is still there at 2.07 in my 12 team rookie draft I am taking him.

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:24 am

Telperion wrote:There are 3 camps:

- Ignore the fact that 32 GM's passed on him for 4+ rounds, he's a 2nd round grade in a good situation.
- Ignore the pre draft grade, he was a 5th round pick and those succeed next to never.
- Draft him on community perceived value and flip at the first sign of promise.

Those 3 camps value at early 2nd, mid 3rd, and mid 2nd respectively.
I'm in neither of these group.

- I do ignore the medical fact/draft pedigree
- But I don't agree he is in good situation. Miller stepped up as a clear full-time lead back by the end of the season, and no-one noticed.
- Based on talent and potential only, I have him 4th in the RB class (I see Coleman and Abdullah as far lesser NFL player but better situation) . And yet, I still have some doubts he could success in the NFL.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler