How badly did I lose this trade????

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Hoe bad did I lose this trade

a brown wins in landslide
29%
A brown side wins slightly
38%
Its an even trade
22%
Jones side wins slightly
10%
Jones side wins in landslide
1%

Total votes: 77

cane
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

How badly did I lose this trade????

Postby cane » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:14 pm

I traded my
A. Brown
T Bridgewater
D. Adams

FoR his
J Jones
G Benard
Bryce Brown

AGAIN I Recieved the jones side

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Re: How badly did I lose this trade????

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Ya you lost it....
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

Chandler Bing
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Chandler Bing » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:24 pm

Looks pretty close to me.

Julio>Brown

Gio=Adams

Bridgewater> Brown

I would probably take Julio/Gio but I can see both sides

cane
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby cane » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:44 pm

B brown was just a throw in. Trades on my league have to be even numbers. Like 3 for 3

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:47 pm

Brown side.
I prefer Bronw to Julio, but for arguments sake

Brown = Julio (anyone says different that's just slight personal preference)
Adams > Benard
Brigdewater >>> Brown

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:57 pm

I would say it falls in-between Jones' side slightly and Jones' side in a landslide, but I'm pretty high on both Adams and Bridgewater.

Thedude30
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Thedude30 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Yeah, it's not far off but I'm on the Brown side.

Julio=Brown

Bridgewater and Adams >>> Gio IMO

Brown inconsequential. (make me eat my words Bryce)

cane
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby cane » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Thedude30 wrote:Yeah, it's not far off but I'm on the Brown side.

Julio=Brown

I had it like this

Jones=brown/Bridgewater
Adams>gio

But I like Julio better then brown. Bridgewater was my back up Qb. I don't value qbs much unless they can be luck or Rodgers. Qb talent like romo or Stafford are a dime a dozen and you only start 1 I don't see him being no luck. Maybe I'm wrong

I have Adams over go but I'm stacked at wr n thin at Rb. So gio is more of a need.

Pretty much knew majority would say I lost. I wanted to see how bad

Thedude30
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Thedude30 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Fair enough! I just think, based on value, you could have got something back worth a little more than Bryce Brown. But as long as you're happy with your trade that is all that matters.

cane
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby cane » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:13 pm

Thedude30 wrote:Fair enough! I just think, based on value, you could have got something back worth a little more than Bryce Brown. But as long as you're happy with your trade that is all that matters.
Would say im estatic, in a start up, I definitely would rather other side. . Based on adp I lose it . wanted to get everyone opinion on here.

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:17 pm

You lost but it isn't egregious

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:50 pm

cane wrote:
Thedude30 wrote:Yeah, it's not far off but I'm on the Brown side.

Julio=Brown

I had it like this

Jones=brown/Bridgewater
Adams>gio

But I like Julio better then brown. Bridgewater was my back up Qb. I don't value qbs much unless they can be luck or Rodgers. Qb talent like romo or Stafford are a dime a dozen and you only start 1 I don't see him being no luck. Maybe I'm wrong. I have Adams over go but I'm stacked at wr n thin at Rb. So gio is more of a need.

I think in a "value vacuum" most would say you lost the trade. But when I first read the deal I thought, "One QB league? PPR? Win-Now or Rebuild?"

If you're competing this year then I think it could work out well for you especially with the added info about your team makeup. Adams is a fantasy WR3/4 barring an injury in front of him and Gio will be productive as a pass catching RB. I like Bridgewater as a QB, but he was your backup and it's a 1QB league so he's on your bench most weeks.

It's personal preference when it comes to Brown vs Julio. They're both studs and I'd be glad to have either on my team. If Gio's points help get you over the top then you'll be happy with the deal regardless. I like Adams and he was a nice piece to give away even though I sound down on him, it's due to Cobb re-signing and not his talent. So a slight loss for you on the "value" scale, yeah. But maybe you're better off in the long-run by improving at RB.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mboztepe
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mboztepe » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:31 am

Brown side easy

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:43 am

I'd have to see your roster (and probably his too) to make a final verdict, but on the surface, I don't hate it at all. You swapped a stud for a stud, but you got a year younger, five inches taller and 35 lbs. bigger. Nothing against Brown. He's obviously a stud, but I'd still take Julio 10 times out of 10 straight up. Size matters, especially in the red zone.

I think Julio's situation is better too. He's the clear-cut, undisputed #1 offensive weapon in Atlanta. In Pittsburgh, Big Ben is four years older than Ryan and there's some dude named Le'Veon something-or-other who will probably demand his fair share of touches. I'd also rather have my stud lining up opposite a 30-something Roddy White than a 6'4" second-year WR like Martavis Bryant. (Full disclosure: I own Bryant, so I'm probably a little optimistic that he'll cannibalize a few more red zone TDs from Brown this year. Other than that, though, I don't really have any dogs in this particular race.)

I also think Gio will most likely be a more productive fantasy player than Adams for the immediate future. Adams probably has a higher ceiling down the road, but as others have mentioned, it's gonna take an injury to Cobb or Nelson elevate him beyond WR3/4 level for at least a couple years. And the same caveat applies to Gio too, obviously: if Hill gets hurt, Gio most likely becomes a top 10-15 RB. But barring injuries in front of either player, I think Gio will outscore Adams this year and next, at least. And those points are coming from a position that's harder to find fantasy relevant production at, assuming you're in a PPR league.

Bridgewater > Bryce Brown, I guess, but in a typical 12-team league, the waiver wire > or at least = Bridgewater. And if Shady gets hurt in Buffalo, who knows? (Okay, yeah, I'm probably just trying to make lemonade out of lemons there. Haha.)

I think I just talked myself into it. I'm gonna go ahead and say that you won this trade, or at the very least broke even. You obviously clicked "accept" for a reason, right? There's always that voice in the back of your head after any trade wondering if you could've gotten more, but if your goals are to win now and get better/deeper at RB, I think you can chalk this trade up as a win. Well played, sir.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:14 am

cane wrote: I had it like this

Jones=brown/Bridgewater
Adams>gio

But I like Julio better then brown. Bridgewater was my back up Qb. I don't value qbs much unless they can be luck or Rodgers. Qb talent like romo or Stafford are a dime a dozen and you only start 1 I don't see him being no luck. Maybe I'm wrong

I have Adams over go but I'm stacked at wr n thin at Rb. So gio is more of a need.

I'd just like to know how you can rank it like this. I can respect guys liking Julio a little more than Brown, but not + Bridgewater more. Brown has been the #1 & #2 overall scoring WR the past two years - that's something Julio has never done. In fact Brown out scored Julio in PPR by almost 100 pts last year. So please tell me how Julio is worth so much more?

Edit: By the way I own Julio in 2 leagues and Brown in 1. I would trade Julio straight up for Brown in either of those leagues, but the Brown owners won't do it.
Last edited by thebeast on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.