Mock Draft 2.0 - Picks Only (use other topic for discussion)

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

With the 45th pick the broncos select...

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:08 am

Maurkice pouncey, center/OG, Florida.

Some of Denvers Interior lineman are getting a bit old so Denver is happy to inject a young talented Player like pouncey in the mix to learn and take over eventually.

others position considered, WR
Last edited by Risky bidness on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 pm

With the 46th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the New York Football Giants select: Chad Jones, S, LSU

If the Giants stay put in the first round without addressing the safety position, I can't imagine they'd let this guy slide too far. From what I've seen and read, he's a solid tackler and is capable of making the big hit. He's a little raw in coverage, but he's such a good athlete who can make big plays that he won't last too long in the draft. He adds value with experience in the return game as well. With the right coaching and guidance, he'll make anyone happy as a 2nd round pick.
Last edited by Phish Brigade on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:08 pm

With the 47th pick the New England Patriots select

Bradon LaFell WR LSU

With Welker hurt and Moss on the last year of his contract the Pats take another BIG WR to take the #1 Positiong from Moss when he's done, but also fill in some depth at WR and give their Franchise QB another Target to throw at. Looked at RB's, a big NT, and another LB, LaFell looked like the best value. would have taken him before Wotten, but there was a run of DE's and good pass rusher is harder to find then a good WR.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:33 pm

With the 48th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, Carolina selects Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

I was hoping to see Wooten here. IMO Carolina has three holes to fill in this draft - DL, QB and WR. Tate is more in the mold of Steve Smith (shifty, quick and similar frame) as compared to a big bodied WR that would be the preferred compliment, however, he's the most talented WR still on the board. Also it doesn't hurt to give young Matt Moore some targets to grow with. I expect some value @ DL in round 3 but Tate wouldn't have made it that far.

Other players considered: Hardy, Austen Lane, Carrington, Lamar Houston, Aaron Hernandez and Gilyard
Last edited by rkrazy on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:48 am

With the 49th pick the San Francisco 49ers selects

Perrish Cox Oaklahoma State

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:26 pm

With the 50th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select:

Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi State

Dixon adds the bruising power-back the Texans have been missing. The ripped 245lb Dixon is capable of pounding the rock to help balance a decidedly pass-heavy offense and can carry the load even if Slaton isn't ready or can't stay healthy as a complimentary player. Make no mistake: the Texans have a new feature back and his name is Anthony Dixon.

Others considered: WR, DB, OL, DL.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:36 am

With the 51st selection in the NFL draft the Kansas City Chiefs select Eric Norwood OLB South Carolina

The Chiefs have so many areas of concern that this one is wide open. I went for the BPA among those positions. I think there will be good value picks later on for developmental O-line guys. All of the ones worthy of a 2nd round pick are gone at this point. Still...the Chiefs are excited to start the draft off with Eric Berry, Terrance Cody, and Eric Norwood. I would have selected Golden Tate had he still be available.

Other options: WR, OL, CB

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:59 pm

With the 52nd pick the Pittsburgh Steelers select Dominique Franks CB Oklahoma

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:11 pm

With the 53rd pick in the 2nd round the New England Patriots select:

Toby Gerhart RB Standford

Patriots need youth at the RB position and Gerhart is their guy. The Pats could will use him as their 2 down/goal line back, even full back at times. He's a hard working Bellichik type guy. Pats could look DT here, or may go best player available, who knows for sure with these guys.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 pm

With the 54th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Marshwan Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati.

An upgrade has already been made at WR with Matt Jones, but the team does not feel very confident with Andre Caldwell at this point and will look to draft a nice slot guy. I expect the Bengals to wait on a nickel corner and LOLB until later in the draft and snag the talented Cinci wideout.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:18 pm

With the 55th pick, the Eagles select: Nate Allen, S, South Florida

Sorry for the delay. I was trying to find someone else for this pick, but I just kept coming back to him. Then I noticed that lung drafted him in our first run, so I tried to find someone else again. His value might very well be higher than 55th overall from what I've been reading about him. Gave consideration to DE, CB or even a big guy for the OLine, but a lot of the top DE's have been picked. Which leaves the Eagles getting very good value out of this pick... again.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Packers

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:13 am

With the 56th pck, the Green Bay Packers select.... Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

I was looking DB all the way here. Entering the 2nd round I was hoping Kyle Wilson or Dominique Franks fell to me, but..... they did not. McCourty is a nice pick up for the Pack.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:58 am

with the 57th selection in the nfl draft, the Baltimore ravens select Rennie Curran OLB UGA

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:40 pm

With the 58th pick in the NFL draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

Colt McCoy - QB - Texas

As the saying goes, the only 2 things that come from Texas are Steers and ................... Franchise Quarterbacks! :lol: The Cards are very excited to welcome their new franchise QB, as they officially stick a fork in the Matt Leinart Era, as the Whisenhunt management was never tied to Leinart and never that high on him in the first place. Colt McCoy will be aided by Fitzgerald and a strong receiving corps even without Boldin plus a stronger running game with Beanie Wells that McCoy can lean on early on in the season especially. They also really like the value here for Mcoy as they felt he would have been already taken early in the 2nd round at the very least.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:20 pm

With the 59th pick in the NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select: Morgan Burnett S Georgia Tech

Dallas needs to get younger at Safety and I think Burnett is the right choice here. He's a ballhawk and his ability should allow him to challenge Hamlin immediately for playing time (unless Hamlin gets cut).

Also considered: Daryl Washington LB TCU, Jordan Shipley WR Texas
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys