Three Ways!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sunnyd23
Role Player
Role Player

Three Ways!

Postby sunnyd23 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:52 am

Ok, so it's not the good kind. I'm talkin' bout three-way trades. My 10-teamer is a group of friends so this probably makes it a bit easier since we talk to each other about potential deals.

For example, two guys were discussing a small deal sending Montee Ball to the CJA owner for a WR. Problem is CJA owner is a little thin at WR and can't overpay for a backup. So light bulb on, I suggest I move a couple of WRs to both teams to facilitate and receive some picks for this year and other depth.

I didn't post the exact deal because I'm more interested in the strategy and stories of others doing the same thing. I feel sometimes it's hard to get trades done in a one-on-one situation because you're giving up strength to add it somewhere else. Going three-way can make it beneficial for all.
10-team, Superflex, PPR, performance, 25-man roster
QB(Start 1-2): L.Jackson, S.Darnold, D.Carr
RB(2-3): J.Mixon, M.Mack, C.Edwards-Helaire, J.Taylor, J.K.Dobbins, A.J.Dillon, Z.Moss, L.Miller, , Ja.Williams, G.Bernard
WR(3-4): D.Hopkins, A.Cooper, A.Theilen, K.Golloday, C.Davis, L.Fitzgerald, Z.Pascal, M.Boykin
TE(1-2): D.Njoku, D.Waller
'21 - 1,4

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Re: Three Ways!

Postby iCantStop » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:35 am

Agreed that it can be beneficial for all.. I think this happens in the NBA quite often... If it's between friends, I would get a three-way text message going and have everyone "Sign" it as proof and then send the trades individually via your league hosting site. If anyone goes back on their word, you have the "Signatures" in hand to give to the commissioner.

CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:38 am

I've never done a three way trade before - (but its a fantasy....right??)

In regular trades, there is normally a lot of discussion and back and forth between the 2 owners. A lot of the time neither of us ends up pulling the trigger because we just can't make it work. Either the value on his side isn't someone I want, and the person I want is outside the value range and I'm not willing to expand the trade into multiple picks and players to try and balance it out.

I can see it working if three teams all need a different position and the team that can offer it can't accept what you are offering.
Ie Team A has QB depth but needs WR
Team B has WR depth but needs a RB
Team C has RB depth but needs QB.
Assuming all values equal Team A give Team C - QB, Team C gives Team B - RB, Team B gives team A - WR.

On paper it could work but I can't imagine the three way discussions that would need to take place in order to satisfy 3 owners that they were all benefitting from the trade. I'm not saying it can't happen. I'm sure in person discussions over beer and wings will help immensely.
DLF Premium league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T) PPR
QB - Brady, Carr, Hoyer, Lynch
RB - CJA, Miller, Langford, Henry, Vereen, J. Allen, McCluster, Darkwa
WR - Sanders, Woods, Funchess, Jo Brown, Hogan, Ph. Cooper, Heyward-Bey, Wright, Marquess Wilson, Hunter, Goodwin, Fuller
TE - Gronkowski, Ebron, Chandler, Boyle

2017 1,2,3

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:42 am

Last year I was well out of contention really wanted to pry Latimer loose from his owner. I had Ladarius Green and Eric Ebron as spare parts, but he was in contention and wanted a "get points now" kind of WR so he wasn't biting. Since my points getting WR were Dez and OBJ, there wasn't going to be a fit.

So I offered Ladarius to the Antonio Gates owner in exchange for Marques Colston. That was good enough for the first owner, and now I've got my lottery ticket. Pretty easy deal to put together, and by doing the legwork between the three of us I generated some goodwill with the other owners. Colston did well enough for him down the stretch...although he did lose a squeaker in the finals.
I've never done a three way trade before - (but its a fantasy....right??)
:clap:
Last edited by Dookmarriot on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:44 am

kate upton nina agdal & the clarion ... that is a 3way deal
like previous poster said it is fantasy :thumbup:
Last edited by clarion contrarion on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offseason Champion
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Offseason Champion » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:44 am

We have done it, quite often. We've used text/Facebook messenger to complete the deal then. Each team sends their trade to one another. Always have them "agree/sign" before completing the deal.

Only once did it go bad and most were thankful as it included a team getting Gabbert!
14 Team - IDP + PPR DL (1Qb, 1Rb, 3Wr, 1Te, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1DFlex
Roster Limit: 30 (2-I.R. Positions) (1RS-Developmental Player included in 30)

----------------------------------------------------------
QB: Luck, Bradford, Stafford, Wentz, P. Lynch,
RB: T. Riddick, C.Prosise,
WR: A.Jeffery, A.J. Green, Watkins, TY Hilton, Hopkins, J. Mathews, Agholor, K. White, D. Hopkins, D. Moncrief, M. Thomas (NO),
TE: Ebron, L.Green, Amaro, M. Williams, T. Higbee
K: Highest-rated on WW (McManus)
DL: A. Donald, E.Ansah, F.Cox, K.Mack, Fowler
LB: L. David, C.Mosley, Wagner, Collins, Hicks
DB: M. Jenkins, M. Burnett

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:16 pm

I just completed a pretty huge 3-way trade, but the other two owners were a father and son that I've known for about 20 years, so it was mostly done via texts and phone calls, and even then, it took a while to hammer out the details so that everyone came away happy. I can imagine it'd be tricky in a league of mostly strangers.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:24 pm

I've done a couple of 3 way trades, but I know a lot of the guys in my leagues and most of the time these go down over a bbq or something.

If you;re concerned about getting screwed with an owner backing out just email the commish the parameters of the trade, have each team confirm with the commish that they agree to the trade then proceed.