Witten for Bush???

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Witten for Bush???

Postby yumbo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:06 am

This is in my 10 team 10 player keeper league, PPR. I've been trying to trade one of my 2 TE's that i have on my roster. J Witten and J Finley. I have chose to try and trade Witten thinking that he would bring the most in return.
I've been trying to get a WR ( because Welker got hurt), but no dice. I have been offered some ridiculous trades for him. On the surface they seem fine, except, i cannot keep any of the players. This one team offered me R Bush straight up and i turned it down. I am fairly strong at RB (AP, B Wells, T Hightower, Jacobs, Bradshaw, K Smith, who i will probably have to let go). But, with all these rumors of Bush being elsewhere next year, it has me thinking about gambling annd pulling the trigger. If he'll still do the deal, that is. LOL

My Keepers:
P Manning, AP, B Wells/ Hightower, Jacobs/Bradshaw, Colston, Welker, Nicks, Finley or Witten.

I'm not even sure who I would drop to add Bush, Hightower? Thoughts?

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Re: Witten for Bush???

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:20 am

yumbo wrote:This is in my 10 team 10 player keeper league, PPR. I've been trying to trade one of my 2 TE's that i have on my roster. J Witten and J Finley. I have chose to try and trade Witten thinking that he would bring the most in return.
I've been trying to get a WR ( because Welker got hurt), but no dice. I have been offered some ridiculous trades for him. On the surface they seem fine, except, i cannot keep any of the players. This one team offered me R Bush straight up and i turned it down. I am fairly strong at RB (AP, B Wells, T Hightower, Jacobs, Bradshaw, K Smith, who i will probably have to let go). But, with all these rumors of Bush being elsewhere next year, it has me thinking about gambling annd pulling the trigger. If he'll still do the deal, that is. LOL

My Keepers:
P Manning, AP, B Wells/ Hightower, Jacobs/Bradshaw, Colston, Welker, Nicks, Finley or Witten.

I'm not even sure who I would drop to add Bush, Hightower? Thoughts?
in this order I'd drop Bradshaw, hightower, and welker.

Also, I wouldn't trade for bush. I'd target a WR for sure, especially since it's a ppr league.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:27 am

For now, I think its highly up in the air if Bush will be on another team next year. The Raiders(but only them!) would do well not letting him go with this salary. I´m a believer in Bush, but I think his career will take off late, similar to Michael Turner. You probably could do better than him for Witten(right now)
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:52 am

Yeah Brady, that was what I thought. But I really have no places to send him It's only a 10 team league. Most teams have good TE's. Wr's are at a premium in this league and no one wants to trade anyone that would be a viable keeper. If I can't trade Witten or Finley, I will lose whoever I cut...for nothing. That is my dilemma.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:57 am

yumbo wrote:Yeah Brady, that was what I thought. But I really have no places to send him It's only a 10 team league. Most teams have good TE's. Wr's are at a premium in this league and no one wants to trade anyone that would be a viable keeper. If I can't trade Witten or Finley, I will lose whoever I cut...for nothing. That is my dilemma.
I don't see the dilemma here. Both are much more valuable than Bradshaw, so I would keep both if you can't find a trading partner.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:03 pm

After Cooley went down this past season, I traded R.Bush for Witten straight up. (12-team dynasty ppr). I think the value was pretty balanced, but I was sure happy to get Witten for Reggie after trying other trade ideas in various leagues. Personally, Reggie's knee problems concern me still. I would either buy low or sell him rather than target him in trade.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:19 pm

skip wrote:
yumbo wrote:Yeah Brady, that was what I thought. But I really have no places to send him It's only a 10 team league. Most teams have good TE's. Wr's are at a premium in this league and no one wants to trade anyone that would be a viable keeper. If I can't trade Witten or Finley, I will lose whoever I cut...for nothing. That is my dilemma.
I don't see the dilemma here. Both are much more valuable than Bradshaw, so I would keep both if you can't find a trading partner.
agreed. You have at least three players I'd cut before one of the TEs....

also, who are some of the other players you are planning on cutting? might be another diamond in there....

-oo-

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:34 pm

BradyT wrote:For now, I think its highly up in the air if Bush will be on another team next year. The Raiders(but only them!) would do well not letting him go with this salary. I´m a believer in Bush, but I think his career will take off late, similar to Michael Turner. You probably could do better than him for Witten(right now)
I think he's talking about Reggie bush, and not Michael, either way I'd sell Witten for someone higher than that like a quality WR.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Yeah, sorry guys. It s Reggie Bush!! One other thing that I forgot to put in is. That I have to have a "Traded" player on my keeper list that i have acquired in the off-season.
Last edited by yumbo on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:48 pm

meineymoe wrote:
skip wrote:
agreed. You have at least three players I'd cut before one of the TEs....

also, who are some of the other players you are planning on cutting? might be another diamond in there....

-oo-

My cuts would be: Orton, Kevin Smith, B Berrian, DHB, R Bironas, Saints and Chargers DEF

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 am

yumbo wrote:Yeah, sorry guys. It s Reggie Bush!! One other thing that I forgot to put in is. That I have to have a "Traded" player on my keeper list that i have acquired in the off-season.
Makes it a bit tougher, but I still think you are doing yourself a disservice by dealing Finley. I'd be more tempted to move Jacobs/Bradshaw then together for 1 player. There has to be a weak team with something to offer that this would help them and help you.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:03 am

Can you start two TE's?? If so, you may just want to consider using one of them as your flex if you can't make your team better by moving one of them.

Don't undersell out of desperation...landscapes change very quickly and an owner may come knocking after an injury knocks his star TE out of the lineup for a while.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:33 am

Pilate wrote:Can you start two TE's?? If so, you may just want to consider using one of them as your flex if you can't make your team better by moving one of them.

Don't undersell out of desperation...landscapes change very quickly and an owner may come knocking after an injury knocks his star TE out of the lineup for a while.
Good point by you, Nate. No, we can only start one TE. I am beginning to embrace the idea of keeping both TE's and trying to deal something else. (Jacobs/Bradshw?)

Thanks for the input guys. As always the opinions on here are well appreciated.