Moncrief and Duron Carter Vent thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Moncrief and Duron Carter Vent thread

Postby Plank » Fri May 01, 2015 9:37 am

So tried to shop Moncrief in most of my leagues prior to the draft ...

Dorsett will be the new Moncrief :)
@PlankMelody

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:22 am

Lotto4Life wrote:I was stunned when I saw that pick go across the screen. Manning bailed out poor personnel decisions for years, and it looks like Luck will have to do the same.
Yeah, I think people are looking for some grand meaning to this pick like Hilton won't be back yadda yadda yadda but if you step back for a second, other than Andrew Luck (which was a beat you over the head obvious pick) they've done a pretty terrible job putting a team together and especially drafting.

Instead of some long term salary cap move it could just be a reach for a player at a position they didn't have a need at by a bad front office who has no idea how to win.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Fri May 01, 2015 2:02 pm

TommyL31 wrote:
Lotto4Life wrote:I was stunned when I saw that pick go across the screen. Manning bailed out poor personnel decisions for years, and it looks like Luck will have to do the same.
Yeah, I think people are looking for some grand meaning to this pick like Hilton won't be back yadda yadda yadda but if you step back for a second, other than Andrew Luck (which was a beat you over the head obvious pick) they've done a pretty terrible job putting a team together and especially drafting.

Instead of some long term salary cap move it could just be a reach for a player at a position they didn't have a need at by a bad front office who has no idea how to win.
This is the same team that traded for TRich...

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Fri May 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Good thing it doesn't matter in FF if a team wins or not. I could see all the Colts weapons on the field at once with TY and/or Dorsett in the backfield like Cobb does sometimes. Gotta love this move for Luck and the offense even if it wasn't the best move for the team.

VinceB128
Rookie
Rookie

Postby VinceB128 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:16 pm

I think going to the Colts hurts Dorset, personally. 1.) You have holes on that offence like the line that need to be filled. 2.) Too many mouths to feed. The ONLY reason i would draft him high is to try and trade him and that can be accomplished by trading a back end first rounder. I'll let someone else take him just like I did Moncrief.

On a side note, that was the death knell for Carter. I cut him in all the leagues I owned him (2).

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri May 01, 2015 2:24 pm

What if they totally turn into the 10s version of the Marks brothers... Mark Duper and Mark Clayton! Those two 5'9" WR's terrorized the league...
@PlankMelody

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri May 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Plank wrote:What if they totally turn into the 10s version of the Marks brothers... Mark Duper and Mark Clayton! Those two 5'9" WR's terrorized the league...
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri May 01, 2015 2:28 pm

I would never want to be a part of a club that would have me as a member ... haha.
@PlankMelody

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri May 01, 2015 2:33 pm

"Anyone who says he can see right through a woman is missing a lot."
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Fri May 01, 2015 2:57 pm

VinceB128 wrote:I think going to the Colts hurts Dorset, personally. 1.) You have holes on that offence like the line that need to be filled. 2.) Too many mouths to feed. The ONLY reason i would draft him high is to try and trade him and that can be accomplished by trading a back end first rounder. I'll let someone else take him just like I did Moncrief.

On a side note, that was the death knell for Carter. I cut him in all the leagues I owned him (2).
You play dynasty right?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri May 01, 2015 3:22 pm

VinceB128 wrote:I think going to the Colts hurts Dorset, personally. 1.) You have holes on that offence like the line that need to be filled. 2.) Too many mouths to feed. The ONLY reason i would draft him high is to try and trade him and that can be accomplished by trading a back end first rounder. I'll let someone else take him just like I did Moncrief.

Someone in the Colts front office and coaching staff loved Dorsett enough to spend a 1st on him. I think Dorsett is a boom/bust receiver, but I think he landed in a great situation. That coaching staff has already had success with T.Y., so they have an idea of what Dorsett will need to do to be successful. There's a lot of encouraging things about the Colts for Dorsett.

VinceB128
Rookie
Rookie

Postby VinceB128 » Fri May 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Someone in the Colts front office or coaching staff also like Trent Richardson enough to spend a 1st on him.

And if Dorset fell to the 2nd round, sure, I'd draft him. But there are other WRs that will make an impact /this/ year that are worth a 1st.

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:04 pm

I really did think Carter would make the roster. He will be one of the top WR's on waivers, Carolina or Browns gonna grab him?

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:23 am

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:I really did think Carter would make the roster. He will be one of the top WR's on waivers, Carolina or Browns gonna grab him?
That probably makes too much sense for it to actually happen. LOL

I think someone grabs him though. I really don't see him clearing waivers and making it to the Colts P.S. I could be wrong though, we'll see.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U