Gonna be good WRS in mid to late 2nd rd of rookie draft?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Wittenj
Role Player
Role Player

Gonna be good WRS in mid to late 2nd rd of rookie draft?

Postby Wittenj » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:20 pm

Man I need a good WR bad

LegionofDoom
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Gonna be good WRS in mid to late 2nd rd of rookie draft?

Postby LegionofDoom » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:51 pm

Should be several. This is a pretty deep WR class and someone in your league will likely take Mariota and Winston way to high.
12 Team standard scoring keeper league 4 pts passing td (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, D/ST, K) 16 bench
QB: Big Ben,R. Wilson, Geno
RB: Foster, L. Miller, Sankey, Sproles, A.Bradshaw, K. Robinson
WR: E. Sanders, Fitzgerald, S.Smith,K. Wright, T Williams, Streeter, Boykin,
TE: H. Miller, Ertz, Clay
D/ST: KC, Cin
K: Prater, Sebass, Catanzaro

12 team ppr, 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 Def 24 man roster
QB: Brees, Bortles, Foles
RB: Miller, Bradshaw, Dixon, Tate, Taylor
WR: DJax, M. Bryant, D Baldwin, Austin, Royal, T Williams, Hawkins, Gabriel, Woods
TE: H Miller, Donnell, L Green
K: Crosby, Dawson
D: GB, Pitt

StrikeAnywhere
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:09 pm

I read today that there are up to 12 wide receivers in this draft that have a 1st round grades. So the early to mid 2nd round of this years fantasy drafts should hold prospects that people can be very excited about. People could be getting some steals.

Last year I drafted OBJ at 2.01, and players like Adams, Landry, Robinson and Moncrief were all going behind him. This year, while the top of the class might not quite reach the Evans/Watkins potential, there are is a much deeper stack of very similar potential Benjamin/Matthews/Cooks type prospects sitting in one big lump below that.. It's a good year to own multiple late 1sts and early 2nds.
Contract dynasty football with IDP's are my jam.

RenMasters
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RenMasters » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:06 pm

The WR class this year doesn't seem anywhere near that of last year. While the RBs this year seems much deeper than last year.
Team Rebuilding - 12 Team PPR
QB (1) - A. Luck, D. Carr, R. Tannehill
RB (1-2) - T. Gurley, C. McCaffery, M. Breida, A. Ekeler, N. Hines, E. McGuire,
WR (3-4) - D. Adams, M.Evans, M. Jones, N. Agholor, M. Bryant, R. Grant, R Higgins
TE (1) - E. Engram, G. Everett, G. Olsen

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:10 pm

devin smith seems like he will be in the nfl for a while, not sure what his ceiling is though. Conley looks interesting but he doesn't play as fast as his metrics.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:50 pm

StrikeAnywhere wrote:I read today that there are up to 12 wide receivers in this draft that have a 1st round grades. So the early to mid 2nd round of this years fantasy drafts should hold prospects that people can be very excited about. People could be getting some steals.

Last year I drafted OBJ at 2.01, and players like Adams, Landry, Robinson and Moncrief were all going behind him. This year, while the top of the class might not quite reach the Evans/Watkins potential, there are is a much deeper stack of very similar potential Benjamin/Matthews/Cooks type prospects sitting in one big lump below that.. It's a good year to own multiple late 1sts and early 2nds.
I saw OBJ dropped in one of my dynasty leagues last season and I'm still mad that I didn't scoop him up while he was hurt. I was able to pick up Tre Mason off waivers in one league and Latimer too.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

SpartyOn
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartyOn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Darkness wrote:devin smith seems like he will be in the nfl for a while, not sure what his ceiling is though. Conley looks interesting but he doesn't play as fast as his metrics.
These 2 and Tyler Lockett are interesting players in this range for me. I think any of them could really good depending on who drafts them.

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:22 am

SpartyOn wrote:
Darkness wrote:devin smith seems like he will be in the nfl for a while, not sure what his ceiling is though. Conley looks interesting but he doesn't play as fast as his metrics.
These 2 and Tyler Lockett are interesting players in this range for me. I think any of them could really good depending on who drafts them.
AGreed, i would add dorsett to that list but he will be drafted too early for me.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

StrikeAnywhere
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:47 am

Telecomboss wrote:
SpartyOn wrote:
AGreed, i would add dorsett to that list but he will be drafted too early for me.
Dorsett is one of the ones I am most interested in seeing where he lands. If he were to somehow land with the Pats I would lose my mind.

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:09 pm

The extreme success/depth of last years rookie wr class is skewing the opinions of this years class
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

growskey23
Captain
Captain

Postby growskey23 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:14 pm

auggiedoggies wrote:The extreme success/depth of last years rookie wr class is skewing the opinions of this years class
Agree. We're trying to pigeonhole all the small receivers becoming John Brown, the mid-tier being like Benjamin/Matthews, and the top performing like Evans/OBJ/Watkins. While there are some solid prospects and some hidden gems, I agree that we will come back to earth to see many rookie WRs struggle transitioning to the league.

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 pm

Last year's WRs, coupled with my leagues being so WR crazy, I wouldn't be surprised to see 8-10 WRs go off the board in the first and leave lots of RB talent on the board in the second.

StrikeAnywhere
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:46 pm

auggiedoggies wrote:The extreme success/depth of last years rookie wr class is skewing the opinions of this years class
I both agree and disagree with this statement. I agree, in that people are probably expecting too much out of the rookies as they come in. There was a lot of unique factors that went into rookie production last year that has people wrongly expecting the same impact. Now, if/when the rookies don't immediately produce like the rookies in the previous class, people are going to be upset and call them busts very quickly and that's out of line with reality.

However this class is actually much deeper than the last when it comes to the 2nd tier of WR prospects. This year we have 10 rookies (not including Cooper and White) that grade out as similar potential prospects as the WRs of last class in the Matthews to Benjamin range. Obviously the NFL history book is littered with players that don't live up to their potential, but when we are drafting rookies all we are working with is potential. And in that regard the WR class of this year is actually deeper at the top than last year.

cactusdave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cactusdave » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:24 pm

I don't know what wide receiver grading authority you're relying upon for that kind of projection but from my perspective it's not particularly insightful. I see at most, a half dozen WR's with high ceilings and high floors in this draft and after that, the talent level comes crashing down to earth rather quickly.

There maybe 2-3 others with solid floors and anyone else after that is a huge question mark in terms of ever showing any fantasy relevance whatsoever.

Like practically every other draft since the start of the millennium, with the exception of 2014, approximately 13 receivers are taken in the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft and after that regardless of who gets taken by whom, only about 15% of the final 4 rounds of WR draftees ever amount to anything fantasy relevant anyway.

That's just a fact and not only is there nothing especially astounding about this class, there aren't even as many good landing spots for this crop as there were a year ago.
12 Team, Full PPR, 17 Man Rosters,
Lineups: 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB or TE), 2 Flex (RB or WR or TE) for total of 8 starters.

QB: Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott
RB: Le'Veon Bell, CJ Anderson, Spencer Ware, Christine Michael, CJ Prosise.
WR: Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Quincy Enunwa.
TE: Dwayne Allen, Virgil Green, Josh Hill, Maxx Williams.

dynastynut
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dynastynut » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Can I throw out a sneaky name that some may not have even heard of? Now he is more likely a late 3rd, but I think he will shock people. Darren Waller from Georgia Tech. Now hes a WR, but may be moved to TE in the NFl. He's 6'6", 238. Ran a 4.46 40-yard time.. and had a 37" vertical. Spent a ton of his career blocking and most the targets went to DeAndre Smelter on his team so his numbers were low. I think we gets drafted a lot higher than people expect though. Hes a boom bust guy, but in the 3rd, you really are just looking for someone who has a chance..

He looks good..
https://youtu.be/YofteMfIAK0
https://youtu.be/dQWCSXLmi_0