andre johnson for jeremy hill?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: andre johnson for jeremy hill?

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:35 pm

I would veto this trade.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:23 pm

Team Tacos wrote:Andre Johnson for anything at this point
Couldn't disagree more with this statement. It's amazing to me to hear all the Andre hate.

First off, Andre Johnson is only 33 years old.
Boldin- 34 smith -35 Hester -32 roddy - 33

Not to mention Reggie Wayne who was 34 when he caught 106 for 1355 2 years ago. I'm forgetting his qb that year, oh wait...

Andre Johnson caught 85 balls in 15 games last year. He did this with Fitzpatrick mallet and kenum throwing him the ball. He now has one of the top qb's in the league and one who throws the ball more than any other in the league. Take in to account that Andre will be playing on turf a minimum of 8 games a year, something he has never done.

Ty Hilton will be taking the deep safety off the top while gore draws the second in the box. Colts signed many older vets and will be attempting to push for a title. Moncrief is no where close to Andre and will not push him for playing time. Let's not forget Andrés superior blocking ability.

Andre Johnson is a much better WR than all the receivers I named above and they all finished top 25 last year. He also has a far superior qb than any of them.

Clearly, Hill is the far more valuable asset (top 6 RB) but to say Andre is near worthless is being an ignorant fan of football.

in 2012 and 2013, he averaged 111 and 1500. And you all want to give him away for near nothing?

I guarantee Andre Johnson is a top 30 WR(WR 2 in 16 teamers) in fantasy football this year and most likely a top 25.

He is the top buy in all leagues this year and you would be wise to go get him if you are a contender.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:24 pm

I don't disagree with you Future. Andre is clearly an asset to teams this year and next, then eventually age catches up to you. That said, when put into the context of value in dynasty, or for a player like Hill, it is significantly lessened. Frankly, even the Texans appeared ready to start the role reduction, which is why he wanted out.

Good point, and in reply to some of the 'he's worth scraps' comments you are right, but many leagues will only have 1 or 2 suitors for him and they won't be willing to pay much. It's time to hold and ride if you could compete, or sell for best offer of total rebuild.

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:33 pm

FiremanEd wrote:I don't disagree with you Future. Andre is clearly an asset to teams this year and next, then eventually age catches up to you. That said, when put into the context of value in dynasty, or for a player like Hill, it is significantly lessened. Frankly, even the Texans appeared ready to start the role reduction, which is why he wanted out.

Good point, and in reply to some of the 'he's worth scraps' comments you are right, but many leagues will only have 1 or 2 suitors for him and they won't be willing to pay much. It's time to hold and ride if you could compete, or sell for best offer of total rebuild.
Agreed Ed. I value hill has a 2nd round start up so I'm clearly not talking about this trade just Andre in general. Texans seemed to want to rely on Ravens style offense running foster to the ground as well as short receptions to him and taking shots with Hopkins deep while they wanted Andre to be the 3rd down possession WR.

I just wanted to help out the op as a few of these "trade Andre for anything you can get comments " are only hindering the ops chances of improving his team. Op should hold Andre unless getting a heck of a deal from a contender.

FKC
All Pro
All Pro

Postby FKC » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:02 am

HawkeyeState wrote:Jeremy Hill is GOLDDDDD compared to Andre. If your getting Hill and that is proposed to you please God accept quickly
X2
FKC or subliminally known as KFC
“It’s finger lickin’ good!” -The Colonel
29 Act 5TS 10IR
10 team(0.5 ppr) - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex(WR/RB/TE)
Champ '19, '20, ‘21, ‘22
QB: Herbert, Tua, Carr, Ridder, Stroud, Penix
RB: D Cook, Barkley, Chubb, Ekeler, Dobbins, J Wright, Javonte, McIntosh, K Mitchell
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, T Hill, Odunze, Diggs, Pittman, JSN, MT, A Rob, D Johnson, Mingo, Tank D, Hutchinson, Shenault, T Scott
TE: Kelce, Bowers, Ertz, Kittle, Waller, Freiermuth
2024 picks: 1.09, 2.01, 2.09, 3.02, 5.07
2025 picks: 1, 2, 4, 5
2026 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

austin10splayer
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby austin10splayer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:37 am

I'll take the Jeremy Hill side here and then probably call the cops and give them an anonymous tip that someone in the area had been robbed
Team 1

12 team .5 PPR; QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1K,1DT,1DE,1LB,1CB,1S,2D-FLEX)

QB: Derek Carr, Sam Bradford, Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez
RB: Alfred Morris, Jonathan Stewart, LeGarette Blount, Matt Jones, Tevin Coleman, Bishop Sankey, Buck Allen, David Cobb, Jonas Gray, Benny Cunningham,
WR: Alshon Jeffery, TY Hilton, Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Mike Wallace, Tavon Austin, Marquess WIlson, Willie Snead, JJ NElson
TE: Tyler Eifert, Eric Ebron, Maxx Williams
K: Chandler Catanzaro
DE: Calais Campbell, Muhammad WIlkerson
DT: Marcell Dareus, Clinton McDonald
LB: Anthony Barr, Mychal Kendricks, Telvin Smith, Malcolm Smith, Sio Moore, Bernadrick McKinney, Uani Unga
CB: Prince Amukamara, Kyle Fuller
S: Reshad Jones, Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, Tyrann Mathieu

Chefrob1027
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Chefrob1027 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:56 am

In my league I can't give Johnson away even to contenders lol while Hill is probably the highest valued back in the league right now
12tm PPR/.5PPC /Big play IDP
SEX PANTHER
QB: Rivers, Kizer,
RB: [color=#FF0000)Hunt, Hyde, [/color]t Ingram, Brieda
WR: Kennan, Nuk,
Baldwin Crowder
, Garcon, M. Lee, Coleman, R. Anderson
TE: Graham, Cook, ASJ
DL: Wilk, L.Williams, F.Clark, Armstead
LB:Bowman, D.Lee, J. Davis,
Foster
, Barr