Breshad Perriman

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Breshad Perriman

Postby yooperbacker » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:49 am

He has been steadily rising up draft boards to the point of 1st round NFL talent. I see the physical tools, but hard to evaluate a wr when his QB can't throw more than 20 yds down field. Where do you see him fitting in with this years wr class?
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Breshad Perriman

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:26 am

1st-2nd round talent. Perriman and Coates are very similar, except Perriman has a larger catch radius, high points better and doesn't drop the ball as much. Coates is probably faster. I've been more impressed with the little I've seen of Perriman than Coates. He looked good with Bortles.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:1st-2nd round talent. Perriman and Coates are very similar, except Perriman has a larger catch radius, high points better and doesn't drop the ball as much. Coates is probably faster. I've been more impressed with the little I've seen of Perriman than Coates. He looked good with Bortles.

How many games of his have you watched Giles? I thought his hands looked pretty decent but have read he struggles with drops. He looks like he has good ball skills, it will be interesting to see how much he rises come draft time.

pjh0736
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby pjh0736 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Kiper's latest mock has him as a top 20 pick
TM1 12tmPPR 1QB, 2RB ,3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1DEF
QB Daniel Jones, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston

RB Saquon Barkley, James Conner, Joe Mixon, Chris Carson, Javonte Williams, Latavius Murray, DeeJay Dallas, Gerrid Doaks, Benny Snell

WR Davante Adams, Julio Jones, Tyler Boyd, Chris Godwin, Anthony Miller, Nelson Agholor, Robby Anderson, Zach Pascal, Rondale Moore, Jaelon Darden,

TE: Dallas Goedert, Austin Hooper, Dawson Knox

D 49ers,Ravens

Taxi Squad
Parris Campbell, Cornell Powell

Picks: 22 2nd, 22 3rd, 22 4th

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:34 am

RightlegTucker wrote: How many games of his have you watched Giles? I thought his hands looked pretty decent but have read he struggles with drops. He looks like he has good ball skills, it will be interesting to see how much he rises come draft time.
This year I've watched two full games and two highlight videos on Draft Breakdown. I think he's already rising and mocks around draft time will show it. He has the size, speed, body control, and as I mentioned a very nice catch radius to make some pretty crazy catches. He high points the ball so much better than Coates and honestly looks like a better WR on tape. Both need to improve their ball skills, but I think Perriman has less drops.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
RightlegTucker wrote: How many games of his have you watched Giles? I thought his hands looked pretty decent but have read he struggles with drops. He looks like he has good ball skills, it will be interesting to see how much he rises come draft time.
This year I've watched two full games and two highlight videos on Draft Breakdown. I think he's already rising and mocks around draft time will show it. He has the size, speed, body control, and as I mentioned a very nice catch radius to make some pretty crazy catches. He high points the ball so much better than Coates and honestly looks like a better WR on tape. Both need to improve their ball skills, but I think Perriman has less drops.

He looked like a pretty natural hands catcher to me which is why I thought it was odd that it came up. I think I'd put him ahead of Coates as receiver as well, but he looks noticeably slower to me, somewhere in the 4.5 range. Still phenomenal for his size, but Coates can flat out fly. I'd rather have a guy who is multifacted though than a niche player look Coates. Hopefully draftbreakdown adds some more of his games.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:45 pm

RightlegTucker wrote: He looked like a pretty natural hands catcher to me which is why I thought it was odd that it came up. I think I'd put him ahead of Coates as receiver as well, but he looks noticeably slower to me, somewhere in the 4.5 range. Still phenomenal for his size, but Coates can flat out fly. I'd rather have a guy who is multifacted though than a niche player look Coates. Hopefully draftbreakdown adds some more of his games.
Yeah, Coates' speed is the only thing I'd put over Perriman. Aside from that, just not a big Coates fan. Maybe he's a better fit for the pro game? I don't know, but he just seems to play unmotivated.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:30 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
RightlegTucker wrote: He looked like a pretty natural hands catcher to me which is why I thought it was odd that it came up. I think I'd put him ahead of Coates as receiver as well, but he looks noticeably slower to me, somewhere in the 4.5 range. Still phenomenal for his size, but Coates can flat out fly. I'd rather have a guy who is multifacted though than a niche player look Coates. Hopefully draftbreakdown adds some more of his games.
Yeah, Coates' speed is the only thing I'd put over Perriman. Aside from that, just not a big Coates fan. Maybe he's a better fit for the pro game? I don't know, but he just seems to play unmotivated.
It'll be interesting to see where he ends up at this point, I thought he might be a riser following the combine but Perriman, Smith, and Dorsett all seem to be ascending.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:12 pm

Mayock also on board saying he's a 1st round talent.
@PlankMelody

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:45 am

I'm having a hard time buying him in 1st rd. For a couple reasons. I saw he had ups, but timing was way off. Dropped a few easy balls. Didn't have exactly the quickest first step. And his QB was so bad, I don't know what to make of him.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:32 pm

I watched tape on him today. If he gets to a team with a good QB he could make a real impact. his QB this year was brutal on some of those throws I saw. He had great body control, very little wasted movement on his routes.
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:10 am

He reportedly ran the 40 somewhere between 4.22-4.27, I believe this was probably closer to 4.35. But where is his stock now? Regardless of what he actually ran he is a blazer.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:13 am

RightlegTucker wrote:He reportedly ran the 40 somewhere between 4.22-4.27, I believe this was probably closer to 4.35. But where is his stock now? Regardless of what he actually ran he is a blazer.
Before the pro day probably a mid second

After, on sure some will consider him in the late first depending on landing spot.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:31 am

Add Greg Cosell to the Perriman love list .. "Down the road I think he has the chance to be the best receiver in this draft [...] I really like Perriman on film a lot [...] I think he has the movement of a small receiver [...] has an NFL sized body [...] played big, played powerfully [...] big strong, powerful receiver with good hands, ran some vertical routes where he stuck his foot in the ground and took off [...] with some development he can become a very, very good player. I like him a lot"

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dougfarrar ... eceivers-1
starts @ 52:56
@PlankMelody

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:21 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
RightlegTucker wrote:He reportedly ran the 40 somewhere between 4.22-4.27, I believe this was probably closer to 4.35. But where is his stock now? Regardless of what he actually ran he is a blazer.
Before the pro day probably a mid second

After, on sure some will consider him in the late first depending on landing spot.
I'm starting to think mid 1st with hype
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore