2010 Mock Draft (prelim, picks 1-10)

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:58 pm

hot nikkels wrote:Side question. Any QBs in the next 2 years going to be better then Stafford? Or plainly, any of them more talented? Just a question in my head at the moment.
I think Jake Locker has more upside that Bradford does, even when he was healthy. Now that he's hurt, I'd also take Clausen over Bradford.

Tough not to love Ryan Mallett (Arkansas) and Nick Foles (Arizona); they both have the potential to be in the discussion as well. Blaine Gabbert (Mizzou) has everything an NFL team looks for and could sneak up on folks.
Last edited by stevea on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:05 pm

hosler427 wrote:
dlf_stevea wrote:C.J. Spiller and Earl Thomas are getting the most talk in Houston circles, but Dez would be a nice pick if he falls to them.
What do you think of Earl Thomas to the Giants? I am leaning towards this as my preference (but it is still early).

hot nikkels....I think the only reason Steve put "Don't know if they have the balls to do it" is because of the fact they have spent so many early picks on the DL in recent years so they would have Carriker, Long and Suh all on the payroll as early first rounders.
I have made no mystery of how good I think Earl Thomas is. I think he's a better pro prospect than Taylor Mays on many levels. I would pay money to see Thomas at SS, Kenny Phillips at FS and Aaron Ross/Corey Webster on the outside. The problem is, I don't know if he'll last to the 15-20 range where the G Men draft. If he's there, I love the pick. I also like Brandon Spikes if he drops that far....he is all over the field and they need a stud inside with Pierce only having one year left on his contract. Spikes tackles anything that moves.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:58 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
dlf_stevea wrote:C.J. Spiller and Earl Thomas are getting the most talk in Houston circles, but Dez would be a nice pick if he falls to them.
What do you think of Earl Thomas to the Giants? I am leaning towards this as my preference (but it is still early).

hot nikkels....I think the only reason Steve put "Don't know if they have the balls to do it" is because of the fact they have spent so many early picks on the DL in recent years so they would have Carriker, Long and Suh all on the payroll as early first rounders.
I have made no mystery of how good I think Earl Thomas is. I think he's a better pro prospect than Taylor Mays on many levels. I would pay money to see Thomas at SS, Kenny Phillips at FS and Aaron Ross/Corey Webster on the outside. The problem is, I don't know if he'll last to the 15-20 range where the G Men draft. If he's there, I love the pick. I also like Brandon Spikes if he drops that far....he is all over the field and they need a stud inside with Pierce only having one year left on his contract. Spikes tackles anything that moves.
I would be very happy with Spikes as well or McClain(who I don't think will last obviously) or even Sean Weatherspoon. Either way I think they go defense though. I can't seen any situation that plays out where they go offense UNLESS possibly a stud O-lineman or running back fell that wasn't expected to but even then I imagine they will take care of the defense. Thanks for the updates and mock draft...definitely informative. I am doing my homework now and working on my own big board and I will post a mock draft after the super bowl.

Cojo 2020
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2010 Mock Draft (prelim, picks 1-10)

Postby Cojo 2020 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:30 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:1. St. Louis Rams - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Don't know if they'll have the balls to do it, but I would.
2. Detroit Lions - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma - Between he and Okung, but they miss Rogers in the middle.
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - Probably Okung, but they need a playmaker
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State - If they are smart, they will protect their backfield weapons.
5. Cleveland Browns - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech - This guy has amazing footwork and is extremely agile. Great add.
6. Washington Redskins - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - Campbell is a middle-of-the-road guy. Dan Snyder hates middle-of-the-road guys.
7. Buffalo Bills - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - I like it :)
8. Oakland Raiders - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida - You know crazy Al will take a chance here.
9. Seattle Seahawks - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma - Must....protect....quarterback
10. Denver Broncos (from Chicago) - Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama - Bet the Bears wish they had this pick back.
I still like Colt McCoy over Clausen and maybe over Bradford.
ROCHESTER ROADKILL: 10 team league: Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR,, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST 1 flex RB/WR, 1 superflex QB/RB/WR/TE.

Superflex, PPR, Pass TD = 6 pts.

QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Lance, B.Young, A.Richardson, M.Cunningham
RB: Chubb, A.Jones, Bijan, Gibbs, J.Williams (DEN), Dobbins, Dillon, Z.White, T. Spears, R.Johnson, Z.Evans
WR: Lamb, Higgins, M.Brown (ARI), Ridley, Pittman, E.Moore, J.Williams (DET), Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnston, Smith-Njigba
TE: Schultz, Kincaid
PK: Koo
DST: Chiefs. Lions
2024 picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 2.06, 3.02, 3.08, 3.10
League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022

lake3711
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lake3711 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:52 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:
BradyT wrote:
I think Al Davis will take Taylor Mays, if he´s available.
I think it's one of the two. If the Raiders pass, he may fall quite a ways...perhaps to the Cowboys as the Texans would probably take Earl Thomas first.
I don't think the Raiders have a first rounder in 2010. I thought they traded it away for Richard Seymour. I remember liking the Patriots side of that trade, although Seymour is the best 1st round pick the Raiders have had in the last decade!!

I do see the Raiders falling in love with Taylor Mays, who might still be available in round 2. The Raiders will like his height/weight/speed. Taylor Mays is one of the most overhyped and overrated players that I've ever seen coming out of USC. He made some good hits a few years back, but this year it seemed like he mailed it in, and shyed away from contact way too much....making me yell at the TV way too much!

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:09 pm

lake3711 wrote: I don't think the Raiders have a first rounder in 2010. I thought they traded it away for Richard Seymour. I remember liking the Patriots side of that trade, although Seymour is the best 1st round pick the Raiders have had in the last decade!!

I do see the Raiders falling in love with Taylor Mays, who might still be available in round 2. The Raiders will like his height/weight/speed. Taylor Mays is one of the most overhyped and overrated players that I've ever seen coming out of USC. He made some good hits a few years back, but this year it seemed like he mailed it in, and shyed away from contact way too much....making me yell at the TV way too much!
The Pats acquired their 2011 first rounder in that deal.