Singing the Blues

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:18 pm

skip wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote: If a QB is the reason you are in the playoffs thats a problem in my opinion that Im trying to point out...if your QB is ever the player to carry your team than to me that just means u need to improve your WR and RB core that much more even if it means overpaying to upgrade your WR3 from Colston to someone like Andre, despite already having Fitz, and Marshall, Roddy, Moss or whomever at WR1 and 2....but people get so stuck on thinking they need a stud QB to rely on in order to compete that when their weakest link at WR or RB2/3 fails them and then their highly valued QB fails them....they find themselves often "one and done" when it matters most.
You know I will take the contrarian position. :-D

Owners like to break it down by thinking that one position is more important than another, which is just simply wrong. Success in fantasy football goes no further than outscoring your opponent. It's about point differential at EVERY position, not about having the better RBs, WRs or QBs or whoever. If an owner invests in their WR3 that outscores my WR3 by 5 ppg, but my stud QB is outscoring his by 7 ppg then the correct way to build the team is to have the stud QB. If the numbers are the other way around, then having the stud WR is the better way to go.

Overall the BEST strategy is not to ignore any position's starters. While its nice to have stud depth on a team, when you are forced to be starting an average player somewhere with having to bench a stud due to starting positions then you are not fielding the best team possible by moving that depth. That is not to minimize the importance of depth to accommodate injuries, bye weeks, potential benchings, etc - but that depth isn't going to help you when you have areas in need of improvement, especially once the playoffs roll around.
Well stated Skipper...