Percy Harvin!?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Percy Harvin

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:58 pm

The Vikings admit that they are "concerned" about Percy Harvin's (migraines) health after he missed practice again Wednesday.

Harvin, who missed Week 14, met with a doctor Monday and apparently was not medically cleared. "We're attempting to look into and see if there are any common denominators," coach Brad Childress said. "He's been having (migraines) for a good period." Harvin has played in games with no practice the week leading up to them, but he's looking doubtful to face Carolina.
Rotoworld

Anyone concerned with these migraines yet?

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Re: Percy Harvin

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Steelersfan wrote:The Vikings admit that they are "concerned" about Percy Harvin's (migraines) health after he missed practice again Wednesday.

Harvin, who missed Week 14, met with a doctor Monday and apparently was not medically cleared. "We're attempting to look into and see if there are any common denominators," coach Brad Childress said. "He's been having (migraines) for a good period." Harvin has played in games with no practice the week leading up to them, but he's looking doubtful to face Carolina.
Rotoworld

Anyone concerned with these migraines yet?
I would be if I had made the playoffs! Hopefully the doctors can find an answer for these migraines. Could be worse...he could be Chris Henry. Unreal, that guy. Still can't believe it.

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:04 pm

It's not good that they are lasting this long. I have issues with migraines. Sometimes they get really bad, but I have never had one last more than a coupel of days. My sister, on the other hand, is on disability because she has had so many problems with them and hasn't been able to work for a year or two. Needless to say, neither of us have a career that is anywhere near as hard on the body as football. If they can find what is causing them he could be fine, but this is bad situation for him.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:13 pm

brice587 wrote:It's not good that they are lasting this long. I have issues with migraines. Sometimes they get really bad, but I have never had one last more than a coupel of days. My sister, on the other hand, is on disability because she has had so many problems with them and hasn't been able to work for a year or two. Needless to say, neither of us have a career that is anywhere near as hard on the body as football. If they can find what is causing them he could be fine, but this is bad situation for him.
I feel for you and anyone else that has to deal with this. I quit drinking (as much) because I couldn't take the headaches in the morning.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
brice587 wrote:It's not good that they are lasting this long. I have issues with migraines. Sometimes they get really bad, but I have never had one last more than a coupel of days. My sister, on the other hand, is on disability because she has had so many problems with them and hasn't been able to work for a year or two. Needless to say, neither of us have a career that is anywhere near as hard on the body as football. If they can find what is causing them he could be fine, but this is bad situation for him.
I feel for you and anyone else that has to deal with this. I quit drinking (as much) because I couldn't take the headaches in the morning.
Damn, if migraines are worse then a bad hangover headache then I feel bad for anyone that suffers from them.

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:18 pm

I was lucky and stopped getting migraines very often, but I am worried for Harvin on a personal level.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:12 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
My condolences. :lol:

----------------
Now playing: Black Label Society - Hey You (Batch Of Lies)

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:18 pm

Pilate wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:

----------------
:lol:

The Iron City Beer company is struggling, and NEEDS people like Mark to keep them in business! What's up with Pennsylvania liquor laws? , as you can't buy alcohol at the Supermarkets or Gas stations and have to go to specific "Beer Distributors" just to get a case of Rolling Rock or something :lol:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:34 pm

Shawn wrote:
Pilate wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: I feel for you and anyone else that has to deal with this. I quit drinking (as much) because I couldn't take the headaches in the morning.

----------------

The Iron City Beer company is struggling, and NEEDS people like Mark to keep them in business! What's up with Pennsylvania liquor laws? , as you can't buy alcohol at the Supermarkets or Gas stations and have to go to specific "Beer Distributors" just to get a case of Rolling Rock or something :lol:
I will never live in Pennsylvania if that's the case!!!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:13 pm

Pilate wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:

----------------
You must have missed the "as much" part... :lol:

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:15 pm

Shawn wrote:
Pilate wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: I feel for you and anyone else that has to deal with this. I quit drinking (as much) because I couldn't take the headaches in the morning.

----------------

Goofy isn't it? PA is coming around a bit as some Supermarkets are allowed to carry beer and low proof wine and such...BTW, Iron "Shity" is terrible... :lol:

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:22 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
Damn, if migraines are worse then a bad hangover headache then I feel bad for anyone that suffers from them.
I get migranes, and they are much worse than hangovers. The residual effects last for some time after, they are horrible. :cry:

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:38 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Pilate wrote: My condolences. :lol:

----------------

Goofy isn't it? PA is coming around a bit as some Supermarkets are allowed to carry beer and low proof wine and such...BTW, Iron "Shity" is terrible... :lol:
I'm not the biggest fan of Iron City, but for some reason I don't mind IC Light, and I'm also a big Rolling Rock Fan (yeah, I'm also a big Arnie Palmer fan too), my Grandfather is from Pennsylvania (Oakmont) and he's a big Yuengling fan, its always funny that he has to go to like 4 different stores just to have a party that includes normal Beer, Wine, and Liquors. He has some good memories about meeting Jack Lambert in some of the popular Oakmont Restaurants/bars, its safe to say that Lambert could get pretty crazy after a few drinks! :lol:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:36 am

hot nikkels wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
Harvin gets them so bad that he basically has to sit in a dark room and wish for death. However, he only missed 1 game in 3 years at UF because of migraines so really they aren't normally as frequent as he has had this season.
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:47 am

Indygator wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:
Harvin gets them so bad that he basically has to sit in a dark room and wish for death. However, he only missed 1 game in 3 years at UF because of migraines so really they aren't normally as frequent as he has had this season.
It seems like there would be a lot more pressure/stress making the move from college to the NFL. Getting stressed out is a huge trigger for me.