Benching all Colts or Saints?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Benching all Colts or Saints?

Postby grimace » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:11 pm

So with the playoff picture be set, and the top teams resting their players, when is it time for Fantasy owners to sit their Saint or Colts?

Both are on the verge of home field advantage, Colts have said they'll sit but the Saints want to go undefeated. I'm guessing safe bet is week 16 and 17, but either team won't start doing it early right?

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Benching all Colts or Saints?

Postby Shawn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:39 pm

grimace wrote:So with the playoff picture be set, and the top teams resting their players, when is it time for Fantasy owners to sit their Saint or Colts?

Both are on the verge of home field advantage, Colts have said they'll sit but the Saints want to go undefeated. I'm guessing safe bet is week 16 and 17, but either team won't start doing it early right?

Its too early for either team to bench the studs, but keep a close eye on the Colts, as they might start sitting people in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure why the Colts keep doing this, as this strategy has backfired on the Colts before, as they've lost in the 1st round of the playoffs multiple times as of late.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:15 pm

Usually Week 17 is the week to worry about this, depending on various playoff scenarios. I'm certainly not giving it a second thought until at least week 16.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Better topic for next week.

I don't see the saints sitting anyone until week 17 at the earliest.

The colts may limit snaps for manning and addai as early as week 15 (after they clinch homefield), but they wont sit anyone completely until week 17.

Addai would be the one to be most concerned about. Manning a close second. Make sure you have suitable backups for those two.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:15 pm

The Pyrate wrote:Better topic for next week.

I don't see the saints sitting anyone until week 17 at the earliest.

The colts may limit snaps for manning and addai as early as week 15 (after they clinch homefield), but they wont sit anyone completely until week 17.

Addai would be the one to be most concerned about. Manning a close second. Make sure you have suitable backups for those two.
X2