Pre-Combine WR Board

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Pre-Combine WR Board

Postby DynoScout » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
DynoScout wrote: I like Lockett a lot but question his long term dynasty value. Could be more important to his NFL team than to his dynasty owners.
Would you have him higher because you believe in him or because you question others I've put above him?

I'm 99% sure Agholor declared for this draft. He's on this list, for instance: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/5 ... ouncements
Thanks, thought I saw a report that he decided to stay for his enior year.

I believe in Lockett's ability over most of the others in front of him. He seems to do a lot in terms of route running, speed, creating separation, and ball skills that usually translate to the next level. I guess his size will come into play to determine his upside, and his small hands, but he seems to be a pretty good overall receiver.
I agree that overall he is a very good NFL prospect. I think it's very likely that he sticks in the NFL for a long time. That is, by itself worth something, in dynasty. Ultimately I see his dynasty value as somewhat situational. In the right offense he has abilities that could earn him a role quickly.
His small hands honestly didn't show up much when I studied him. Good hands and a good prospect.
Thanks for posting your thoughts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:37 pm

RightlegTucker wrote:Have either of you guys watched any tape of Philip Dorsett from Miami? I see you have him at 22 Dyno, what are your thoughts? Mayock said he's a borderline 1st round prospect but that was the first I have ever heard his name.
His speed seems to be the reason he's rising so much. I don't see much in terms of a polished WR right now though. But certainly the speed-deep threat combination will get people salivating. DB's have to play so far back on him. When they do press, he seems to be able to create separation anyway. Just a very quick player in general.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:40 pm

DynoScout wrote: I agree that overall he is a very good NFL prospect. I think it's very likely that he sticks in the NFL for a long time. That is, by itself worth something, in dynasty. Ultimately I see his dynasty value as somewhat situational. In the right offense he has abilities that could earn him a role quickly.
His small hands honestly didn't show up much when I studied him. Good hands and a good prospect.
I agree, his upside is definitely situational. He could be a very good slot receiver for a team. He also played really well outside too.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:43 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
RightlegTucker wrote:Have either of you guys watched any tape of Philip Dorsett from Miami? I see you have him at 22 Dyno, what are your thoughts? Mayock said he's a borderline 1st round prospect but that was the first I have ever heard his name.
His speed seems to be the reason he's rising so much. I don't see much in terms of a polished WR right now though. But certainly the speed-deep threat combination will get people salivating. DB's have to play so far back on him. When they do press, he seems to be able to create separation anyway. Just a very quick player in general.
Agreed. Some guys are 4.40 by the 40th yard, other players are moving at a 4.40 clip by the 20th yard. Dorsett falls in the second category in my eyes.

Often saw 8-10 yards of cushion from college DBs.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:44 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
DynoScout wrote: I agree that overall he is a very good NFL prospect. I think it's very likely that he sticks in the NFL for a long time. That is, by itself worth something, in dynasty. Ultimately I see his dynasty value as somewhat situational. In the right offense he has abilities that could earn him a role quickly.
I agree, his upside is definitely situational. He could be a very good slot receiver for a team. He also played really well outside too.
I was thinking he would be interesting in KC with Andy Reid. The deep threat isn't as prevalent in his offense anymore (Alex Smith effect), but he could be interchangeable inside/outside there.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:41 pm

Great insight guys, Lockett looked good in the senior bowl and reportedly had a great week of practice as well. This WR class isn't as "top heavy" as last year's but there are certainly a plethora of intriguing mid round options.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:07 pm

Agreed, there are fewer prototype H/W/S WR prospects than 2014, but there are quite a few dynamic and steady role-player WR types. A few of those will hopefully land in good situations and get a chance to develop some dynasty value.
It's going to be fun to track this WR group as the combine and NFL draft unfold.

Doggie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Doggie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Hey guys the combine is this weekend. So, I thought I would post my top 6 at this time. I hold multiple first round picks in multiple leagues. So, I haven't found the need to research much further than the top 6 WR's. Does anyone else have a list at this time that we can compare after this weekend?

My current top 6 WR's (pre-combine)

1. Devante Parker - I just can't get past his jump ball. The kid is fast, elusive and has some serious springs. I see an AJ Green like body and motions, but with a more Julio like game play. I am looking forward to seeing how he performs this weekend at the combine.

2. Amari Cooper -- I am not as BIG on Amari as many, but cannot deny his route running is on a tier of it's own. He seems to have a more polished/complete game which makes him more NFL ready than any of the other WR's, thus why I have him as my WR2. I am eager to see how he performs this weekend, as well as to see what his exact height comes in at. My guess is he is closer to 6' than 6'1

3. DGB ---- although DGB has had a somewhat troubled past, he has kept his nose clean for the past year. This gives me little comfort in the modern NFL with strict guidelines and a commissioner who has been scrutinized recently for being too lenient. He seems to have the highest ceiling of all the WR in this class, but when you take into account the wildcard variable of his past behavior and current NFL guidelines, it severely limits his upside in my eyes. Therefore, the absolute highest I can justify ranking him is as my WR3 even given his unparalleled measurables.

4. Kevin White --- For me, a lot depends on his height and performance at the combine. Call me leery of West Virginia Elite WR's (burnt bad on Tavon in 6 leagues). I too have been watching his game tape and asking myself "is he really 6'3 or more like 6'1 ?" Some say it doesn't matter.. I say it ALL MATTERS. He plays tough/almost angry at times like Dez Bryant. You cannot deny KWhite's dominance in some games, but I ask myself if it amplified only by the level of talent around him (or lack there of) .. So given my bias of him being from W.Virgina, along with him being a 1 year wonder and the height question, the best I can bring myself to rank him at this time is as my WR4. However (for me) his stock could rise if he shows dominance at the combine and looks closer to 6'3. His stock could also rise to my WR3 if DGB doesn't impress as much as expected.

5. Devin Funchess -- I can see Funchess adding 20 pounds and becoming a terror at TE, or being used as a WR. At this time, I have him ranked as the TE2 or WR5

6. Jaelen Strong -- he has the ideal size for the NFL. However, I just don't see anything that wows me in his game. I can see him having a highly productive career, especially if he lands on a team with a good QB. Talent wise, I have him a hair behind Funchess

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:24 pm

Thanks for sharing your notes, Doggie.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:07 pm

I don't have a detailed list of why I have these WR's where I do other than how their ranking has dropped or increased lately over at NFL Network. I really think Lockett will be a steal this year. Anyway, here's my list I looked through today:

1 Amari Cooper*, WR, Alabama
2 Dorial Green-Beckham*, WR, Oklahoma
3 Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
4 DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville

5 Devin Funchess*, WR/TE, Michigan
6 Sammie Coates*, WR, Auburn
7 Devin Smith, WR, Ohio St.
8 Jaelen Strong*, WR, Arizona State

9 Breshad Perriman, WR, Central Florida
10 Nelson Agholor*, WR, USC
11 Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fl.)
12 Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State

13 Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina
14 Josh Harper, WR, Fresno State
15 Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford
16 Deontay Greenberry*, WR, Houston
17 Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State
18 Devante Davis WR UNLV
19 Stefon Diggs**, WR, Maryland
20 Dres Anderson, WR, Utah
21 Austin Hill*, WR, Arizona
22 Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech
23 Shaq Roland*, WR, South Carolina
24 Dezmin Lewis, WR, Central Arkansas

Doggie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Doggie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:17 pm

Just following up on my previous post, now that the WR combine is over:

DeVante Parker is actually 6'2 and 5/8. He did not impress today as I hoped he would. He almost looked as if he was hurting at one point (anyone else see that?)

Kevin White is actually 6'2 and 5/8 as well. He blew the roof off the combine with two 40 times of 4.35 and a solid performance in the skill position drills. KWhite made himself a lot of money today IMHO.

Amari Cooper is 6'0 and 7/8 which is pretty much on par with what was reported. He ran two 40 times of 4.42 and looked like a pro out there if you ask me.

Dorial Green Beckham did not impress as I had hoped he would. Both of his 40 times were around 4.49 and he seemed to run rather upright. His arms are only an inch longer than Coopers and his hands are full inch smaller.

Funchess looked good but slow. I can see him as a TE more than a starting WR personally

Jaelen Strong looked good, impressed actually. He has now surpassed Funchess as my WR5

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:12 pm

May have to add Chris Conley to the list. Destroyed the combine today
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

captain_insano
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain_insano » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:35 pm

I think Agholor's gonna end up making my top 6 when all is said and done.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:25 pm

captain_insano wrote:I think Agholor's gonna end up making my top 6 when all is said and done.
I like him more than Lee last year on tape.

captain_insano
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain_insano » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:26 pm

RightlegTucker wrote:
captain_insano wrote:I think Agholor's gonna end up making my top 6 when all is said and done.
I like him more than Lee last year on tape.
Me too. I don't think he did all the drills at the combine so I hope he does them at the pro day.