The Todd Gurley Thread - Currently FA

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
klazk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Gurley Red Flag

Postby klazk » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:39 am

TODD GURLEY did not refuse physical. Participated in everything except manual knee exam. Will do that at medical recheck in 6 wks. Common. --- David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:40 am

Doesn't worry me.
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:45 am

klazk wrote:TODD GURLEY did not refuse physical. Participated in everything except manual knee exam. Will do that at medical recheck in 6 wks. Common. --- David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc
So wait, you mean to tell me that a football reporter jumped the gun and reported a complete non-story without knowing he context/details? Football reporting has become such a joke. Everyone is way more concerned with getting the scoop than actually being good at their job. By posting blurbs like this for discussion we are contributing to the problem.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:54 am

TommyL31 wrote:
klazk wrote:TODD GURLEY did not refuse physical. Participated in everything except manual knee exam. Will do that at medical recheck in 6 wks. Common. --- David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc
So wait, you mean to tell me that a football reporter jumped the gun and reported a complete non-story without knowing he context/details? Football reporting has become such a joke. Everyone is way more concerned with getting the scoop than actually being good at their job. By posting blurbs like this for discussion we are contributing to the problem.
...do you find that a new thing that they jumped the gun though?

...I don't, at all.

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:55 am

From Rotoworld:

Dr. James Andrew said the physicians at the Combine who looked at Georgia RB Todd Gurley's knee are "all happy about what they saw."

Gurley is only 3 1/2 months removed from ACL surgery, so he understandably didn't allow full examinations. Andrews says the draft's best back is "probably six weeks ahead with his recovery" and is aided by the fact that there was no other damage inside his knee other than the clean ACL tear. One team doctor told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Gurley should be ready to "fully play the game" nine months after surgery, which puts him on track for the NFL preseason. Straightforward ACL repairs are becoming less and less of a long-term concern for world-class athletes every year. Feb 22 - 8:14 AM

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:07 am

:lol:
QandA wrote:Will you guys PLEASE stop hosing down the flames of fear? Some of us are trying to cause hysteria so Gurley drops as low as possible. I would like to add that I am NOT impressed by Gurley and wouldn't touch him until, 1.09. Thanks.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:25 am

PhadedCN wrote:
TommyL31 wrote:
...do you find that a new thing that they jumped the gun though?

...I don't, at all.
I was alluding to the poor reporting on the Ray Rice situation and the travesty of the "DeflateGate" reporting:

11 of 12 balls underinflated 2 PSI

Oh wait, they didn't actually log the PSI pregame

Oh wait, only 1 ball was seriously underinflated

Yeah, but a Patriots staffer tried to introduce an unapproved ball into play

Oh, but I guess it was an NFL official who handed him that ball. Note this report came out around 12 hours after the previous one.

This would have been a bad enough year for the NFL with all of the big name players getting suspended (Peterson, Rice, Hardy, Gordon again) but the media have essentially been doing all they can to pour gasoline on any fire they can. So every time I see something reported about the NFL that can be disproven by simply fact checking and checking with additional sources it frustrates me. We have enough to spin our wheels about without re-posting and re-tweeting irresponsible journalism.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:54 am

TommyL31 wrote:
I was alluding to the poor reporting on the Ray Rice situation and the travesty of the "DeflateGate" reporting:

11 of 12 balls underinflated 2 PSI

Oh wait, they didn't actually log the PSI pregame

Oh wait, only 1 ball was seriously underinflated

Yeah, but a Patriots staffer tried to introduce an unapproved ball into play

Oh, but I guess it was an NFL official who handed him that ball. Note this report came out around 12 hours after the previous one.

This would have been a bad enough year for the NFL with all of the big name players getting suspended (Peterson, Rice, Hardy, Gordon again) but the media have essentially been doing all they can to pour gasoline on any fire they can. So every time I see something reported about the NFL that can be disproven by simply fact checking and checking with additional sources it frustrates me. We have enough to spin our wheels about without re-posting and re-tweeting irresponsible journalism.[/quote]

the NFL is a money grubbing shameless prostitute from red-haired rogerdodger right thru every owner ........
and a prostitute cannot be concerned with her reputation.... just sell sell sell baby !

these billionaires ... hang the players out to dry at every opportunity
it is only testament to 'we the fans' gluttonous appetite for every tidbit of NFL news that these ridiculous blurbs gain steam in the 1st place.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:11 pm

zeeshan2 wrote:From Rotoworld:

Dr. James Andrew said the physicians at the Combine who looked at Georgia RB Todd Gurley's knee are "all happy about what they saw."

Gurley is only 3 1/2 months removed from ACL surgery, so he understandably didn't allow full examinations. Andrews says the draft's best back is "probably six weeks ahead with his recovery" and is aided by the fact that there was no other damage inside his knee other than the clean ACL tear. One team doctor told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Gurley should be ready to "fully play the game" nine months after surgery, which puts him on track for the NFL preseason. Straightforward ACL repairs are becoming less and less of a long-term concern for world-class athletes every year. Feb 22 - 8:14 AM
I have my doubts that he's 6 weeks ahead. This coming from the same guy that said RG3 was Okay to play.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:13 pm

John Paul wrote:Doesn't worry me.
Does the fact he's played 14 out of a possible 27 games over the past 2 seasons? For a guy that's suppose to be a "workhorse back", he can't seem to stay on the field.

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:06 pm

How many college football games have some of you guys watched seriously? Have you guys really watched gurley run? Dude is elite. Haven't seen someone do the things he's done at his size in college since ap who btw was injured every year in college. I'll take my chances with gurley
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:23 pm

C_n_red_again wrote:How many college football games have some of you guys watched seriously? Have you guys really watched gurley run? Dude is elite. Haven't seen someone do the things he's done at his size in college since ap who btw was injured every year in college. I'll take my chances with gurley

hmmm last guy compared to AP was...Trent Richardson!

that said, I am trying to trade up to get Gurley in one of my leagues ;)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:35 pm

C_n_red_again wrote:How many college football games have some of you guys watched seriously? Have you guys really watched gurley run? Dude is elite. Haven't seen someone do the things he's done at his size in college since ap who btw was injured every year in college. I'll take my chances with gurley
A lot. most of his games, actually. He's not that good IMO. Elite in college, yes. I don't think he'll be an elite pro. Or more to the point, I think Gordon will be a better pro. I wouldn't take him top 4, but your entitled to take him wherever you want, just don't assume I haven't watched him play because I don't think he's as good as you do.

AP carried the ball 339, 220, 188 time in his 3 years.

Gurley carried over Peterson's lowest total once. Gurley's ability to carry the load is a lot less proven than AP's coming out of college. You are obviously more of a risk taker with your pick than I. With Gordon, Cooper and White being as good as they are, I can't justify taking Todd with the injury history, because I don't think he's a better player respectively than either of those 3. Obviously you do, and you are willing to risk it.

That being said, my red flags with Gurley came with the injury history, not this combine stuff. He hasn't made a dime from football yet, oh wait.....but seriously, why would he risk his career on somebody jerking his knee when he can wait another month? As long as a team has looked at it before the draft, he's good. It makes sense not to have somebody touch it. If he tears his knee again, he's probably done. The risk of a retear in the first 9 months is huge compared to an undamaged ACL, and in the first 24 months I think there is about a 15% chance higher than a normal ACL that has never been torn. After that, the risk is about the same as a normal ACL that has never been torn. He made a smart business decision not to have somebody touch his knee.

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Does the fact he's played 14 out of a possible 27 games over the past 2 seasons? For a guy that's suppose to be a "workhorse back", he can't seem to stay on the field.
Are you counting suspended games as injury related misses?

Career wise I am tracking 29/35 games over three years, not counting suspension of course. So to answer your question, no. I do hope he sits at first in the NFL just to make sure he is 100% before entering a game. If he winds up on my roster, I am okay with a 'redshirt' rookie year.
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:28 pm

There's a reason why almost unananamously professional scouts utter terms like foundation back or elite talent or franchise back when describing his talent. I respect your opinion and going out on a limb and suggesting other backs are better. However I concur with the guys who actually get paid to do this. Best regards
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion