General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bpatrick
Starter
Starter

Re: 2015 Combine Observations

Postby bpatrick » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:57 am

Jason3123 wrote:
SuhFEAR wrote:
I'd like to see Parker's Gauntlet. I haven't found it online yet.
He coasted through it. Too easy for him.
That was the issue, though, the slower you run it the easier it is.
Team #1: 12 team, (1 QB 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, DEF), PPR (0.5/1/1), 22-player roster

QB: Newton, Foles, Carr
RB: Hill, TRich, Taliaferro, A Williams, D Williams
WR: AJ, Gordon, Benjamin, M Bryant, Jennings, C Hogan, Austin, Dobson, Janis, D Carter, C Washington
TE: Graham

Team #2: 12-team, (1 QB 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, K, DEF), PPR (0.5/1/1), 25-player roster

QB: Ryan, Bridgewater
RB: Forte, Ellington, Forsett, Hill, Bush, Taliaferro, Cunningham
WR: Megatron, Julio, Gordon, A Johnson, VJax, CPatt, Colston, D Baldwin, C Hogan, Charles Johnson
TE: Gronk, Witten
IR: C Palmer, K Moreno, T Gaffney

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:12 am

If you don't think a 4.6 40 matters for a 205 back your crazy.

Abdullah is small. Had the highest fumble rate among notable rbs and it's because he has t-Rex hands. I wouldn't touch that guy in the top 20 even.
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:18 am

Is there a place with video of the skill based drills for all or most of the prospects? I don't have a way to watch it real time but would like to watch some of the pass catching drills and such.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:25 am

schiewerma21 wrote:If you don't think a 4.6 40 matters for a 205 back your crazy.

Abdullah is small. Had the highest fumble rate among notable rbs and it's because he has t-Rex hands. I wouldn't touch that guy in the top 20 even.
Well, Abdullah never had breakaway speed, so it didn't tell me anything I didn't know. There aren't a lot of home run hitters in this draft.

I went back and forth on Abdullah. Sometimes I don't get what's special, and then he looks like a pretty damn good RB. I like what he does in space, between the tackles and he's good at getting the yards he's not supposed to. He ran a 4.6 but on tape he plays fast, has excellent acceleration, good vision and he's a patient runner. Good football IQ and plays the right way as an RB.

Billy McFred
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Billy McFred » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:42 am

Kevin White sort of reminds me of Terrell Owens.
12 team, 0.5 PPR, 18 keeper, 25 roster spot, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
Notable Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.06

QB - Big Ben, RGIII
RB - Hyde, Latavius Murray, Gio Bernard, Bryce Brown
WR - Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Stedman Bailey, Justin Hunter, Marvin Jones, Marquess Wilson
TE - Eifert, ASJ, Amaro

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:49 am

Billy McFred wrote:Kevin White sort of reminds me of Terrell Owens.
I think the T.O. Comp belongs to Devante Davis in this class...
@PlankMelody

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:50 am

Plank wrote:
Shhhhhhhh!

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:52 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Plank wrote:
Shhhhhhhh!
haha, I mean if he wasn't so slow and played like a pansy.
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:55 am

I'm still wondering why Duke didn't do the 3 cone, 20 yd shuttle .. I was really looking forward to seeing his agility ability..
@PlankMelody

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:02 pm

Plank wrote:I'm still wondering why Duke didn't do the 3 cone, 20 yd shuttle .. I was really looking forward to seeing his agility ability..
Yeah I'm disappointed with that too because his 40 time was a little disappointing. Still one of my favorite backs in the class.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:04 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
schiewerma21 wrote:If you don't think a 4.6 40 matters for a 205 back your crazy.

Well, Abdullah never had breakaway speed, so it didn't tell me anything I didn't know. There aren't a lot of home run hitters in this draft.

I went back and forth on Abdullah. Sometimes I don't get what's special, and then he looks like a pretty damn good RB. I like what he does in space, between the tackles and he's good at getting the yards he's not supposed to. He ran a 4.6 but on tape he plays fast, has excellent acceleration, good vision and he's a patient runner. Good football IQ and plays the right way as an RB.
I think Abdullah is the kind of back you'll want on your NFL team but maybe not your fantasy team. That could change of course if he ends up in a nice offense and they give him 4-6 catches a game.

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:09 pm

You mean he'll lead the league in passes dropped and is disruptive in the locker room? Jk, jk lol

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:
schiewerma21 wrote:Anyone else super dissappointed with some of the rbs 40?
I mean duke Johnson 4.55 and Abdullah and yeldon over a 4.6?
Even Melvin Gordon with a 4.52 and a 1.63 10 yard split.

Just left me feeling meh. Considering how much everyone hypes this rb class

I agree. All the Running backs disappointed me
Do you realize that despite Abudullah's 4.6, he bettered Jamaal Charles numbers in all the cone/shuttle drills? He is weighing in at over 205 lbs as well. That doesn't impress you at all? Those drills are way more representative of what matters to the position then running forward in a straight line. Besides, tape matters more. Game situations, and playing speed are a totally different animal. Kevin White is not faster on a football field than Amari Cooper. Not a chance. I mean, you can see a guy like Cobb or Robinson in a game are pretty slow, so their numbers shouldn't surprise you. Langford didn't impress you? He disappointed you. Really? What were you expecting from him exactly?

Sorry I should have specified. All the "Tier one" and "Tier 2" Running backs disappointed me. I didn't have Langford in either of those tiers... And I get it from your previous post with the "Gordon's 4.5 was fine" that you absolutely love the guy. It's cool. There are a couple of guys in this draft that I really like too. But don't be so sensitive when people criticize him. I expected him to run like 4.45 at least. I don't remember who it was but someone was comparing him to Jamaal Charles. Well IMO he ain't no Jamaal Charles... Just difference of opinion that's all

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:08 pm

@SUGARRAYJOSE
Gordon himself before the combine said he expected to run a 4.4 or 4.5. I think people need to understand he's like a bigger Jamaal Charles. He doesn't have the 4.4 time, but his shuttle drills are actually better. Short area quickness. That's what most were saying, like Jamaal Charles, not as much speed, but more power. He' has some JC to his game, but his game doesn't need to be compared to someone else's. Yes, I do love Gordon's game, and his time was to be expected. No problem, difference of opinions are what make it fun. I just think the 40 time is less important than the shuttle times, and Gordon had a knock of not being able to catch the ball, but he caught the ball really, really well. Naturally, effortlessly on all the routes. SO overall, he was impressive to me. Sure I wish he ran a 4.3, but I wasn't expecting it. He has been know to run in the 4.4's, and even in the 4.3's when he was lighter, but he's now at 215, and he's cut out of granite. I think Abdullah was excellent in every drill minus the 40, and that 40 time shouldn't overshadow how good every other time was. :thumbup:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:19 pm

So Abdullah being slow for a 230lb back doesn't worry you because the 40 isn't that important, but a stiff like Langford is all of a sudden good just because of his 40?

Basically the top 10 rbs were all slower than people would have guessed so it's obviously disappointing. Considering it was hyped up as the best rb class in 8 years, or whatever, it'd pretty hard to be that impressed. Is that really surprising to you?[/quote]
[/color]

You disregard all the other drills and focus on the 40, which has less to do with football than any other drill for a RB, so yes, I'm surprised you guys are so wrapped up about a 40 time, because the game of football isn't played on a track lane. The RB class is deep because they are good football players. The shuttle drills are way more important anyway, if you want combine results. And about Langford, I was saying that the 40 time was impressive because you guys were saying all the RB's disappointed you, and I was pointing out his good 40 time because so many of you seemed so concerned with the 40. I was saying, how does Langford's 40 disappoint what you expected?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick