2WR
1R/W/T
1DL
1LB
1DB
2 Defensive Flex
--
I "earned" the 1.01 with these guys on my roster
WR: Justin Blackmon, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter
RB: TRich, Toby Gerhart
IDP: Kiko Alonso, Eric Berry, Tyson Branch, Sean Lee

SO

Basically, my team was arguably the premier underperforming team of the year. Whoops.
--

Kevin White has been my favorite player in this draft for a while, but I can't move back at all, really. At what point do I say "screw the majority" and take my guy? Incidentally, I picked up TY Hilton for 1.11 and 1.14 this offseason.

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: At what point do you just say "screw the majority?"

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:13 pm

People that went against the grain and picked Evans last year at 1.1 came out on top.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:People that went against the grain and picked Evans last year at 1.1 came out on top.
Should I be more comfortable taking him since I have 1.06? Evans was hardly a stretch at 1.01, but White seems to be in the 1.04-1.05 discussion.

This all changes if he's playing for the Jets.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:18 pm

Do it if he's your guy. But I think trading down very slightly would be wise.
I know the feeling, I got Justin Hunter, CP, Gordon, Blackmon, Ladarius Green, and Christine Michael.
The only RB I have drafted at 1.1 is Mark ingram so that is also a concern.
I'm at the 1.1 this year and I feel the same way you do. I'm not sure I really love Gurley but the majority does.
I also encourage you to wait to trade down, as White could go somewhere like the Jets.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:19 pm

I keep trying, but I can't seem to move down and gain value.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:22 pm

If you can even get a stud LB and move down to two, you would at least be getting something of decent value to fill your lineup.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:47 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:I keep trying, but I can't seem to move down and gain value.
How about trading up from 1.06?
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:57 pm

Why worry about this? I think White is the best among this class, too. But we don't even know where he will end up and the opportunities that will present themselves to this class. Just pick your guy and be happy that you got him.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Jules wrote:
JoshGordonsDealer wrote:I keep trying, but I can't seem to move down and gain value.
How about trading up from 1.06?
Agree with this idea. If you get up to 1.3 you can snag White there.

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:14 pm

If you can't move down from 1.01 or up from 1.06, I say you take your guy at 1.01. How much will it piss you off forever if you don't take him at 1.01, he's gone by 1.06 and he has a great career? I say if he's the guy you want, take him.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

iluvbeer99
Rookie
Rookie

Postby iluvbeer99 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:39 pm

why can't you trade down?

but hypothetically if you can't trade down and think White is the #1 player in the draft then you have to take him there. he's gonna go in the top 15 of the NFL draft, so he's a legit option as the top player, it's not like you're taking a 2nd round pick and grossly reaching.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:33 pm

I say take your guy. I like Gordon over Gurley. "Screw the majority". Why risk the trading down move, just to see him nabbed before you pick? White is a consensus top 5, it's not a stretch to take him at 1.01. Any of the top 5 or 6 guys are worth taking at 1 based on talent. It all depends on who your guy is. If it's White. Take him. End of story.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

frodo2003
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby frodo2003 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:43 pm

I don't know when your Draft is, but I would just be patient and wait until it gets closer or when you are on the clock.
I bet you get suitors for the 1.01 and can get a good deal done to move down a bit and still get your guy.
Let your league know the 1.01 is on the block--don't let anyone know who you want--just sit back and let them come to you.
If no one does---Take Your Guy!!

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:56 pm

Are you drafting before the NFL draft? A lot will change by then, just wait and see.

But just to answer the question -- I don't understand why you can't trade down, but the draft also doesn't end all trading. If you can't trade down at the draft you can still trade for White later. And there's always a chance he falls to 1.6. Play for the ideal scenario: take Cooper or whoever the consensus #1 is, hope to get White at 1.6. Because if it doesn't happen chances are you can always swap Cooper for White after the draft (which doesn't give you "value" but is no different from actually picking him) and if it does happen you get both. The only way you run into a problem is if there's another guy like you in your league who has White as their #1 too, but worst-case scenario you end up with someone the majority of us think is actually better. We could be wrong but you could too :)

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:47 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:Here's my dilemma:
16 team
PPR
QB Heavy
1QB
2RB
2WR
1R/W/T
1DL
1LB
1DB
2 Defensive Flex
--
I "earned" the 1.01 with these guys on my roster
WR: Justin Blackmon, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter
RB: TRich, Toby Gerhart
IDP: Kiko Alonso, Eric Berry, Tyson Branch, Sean Lee

SO

Basically, my team was arguably the premier underperforming team of the year. Whoops.
--

Kevin White has been my favorite player in this draft for a while, but I can't move back at all, really. At what point do I say "screw the majority" and take my guy? Incidentally, I picked up TY Hilton for 1.11 and 1.14 this offseason.
i say screw the majority from jump street hey contrarian is my surname BUT
you seem to be a glutton for punishment having all those high risk guys on 1 roster
now obviously your IDP guys were wiped out by injury+ , however those offensive guys were replete with ? guys
I had 2 teams with gordon & peterson and 1 with gordon peterson and blackmon 2 of those teams won the title the other was the 1st seed and lost in semi final round . You can overcome that but you cannot have a roster chock full of head cases.
I would issue an warning on kevin white in that many 1 year wonder NCAA guys have flamed out in the NFL ,if he is your guy then draft him but understand by all signs that is a reach of at least 3 spots according to the majority .

How has your strategy thus far been working if you earned the 1:1 likely not so well
gordon is toast for 15 blackmon while the reports are good lately is a huge ?
that leaves floyd and hilton as the top 2 guys on your wr depth chart not awesome but adequate ; if trich and gerhart is the best you have at rb you really need a rb

would you rather have gordon/gurley and DGB or would you rather have white and DGB.
With that roster full of headcases and potential busts you need someone you can count on , DGB doesn't seem like a guy you can count on he seems like high risk guy that your team is already filled up with abundance.
I would take the rb you like best and hope white slides to 6th. If he doesn't I think at that point you are left sorting through johnson strong ajayi coleman or whomever , then maybe you trade down if possible if not take the guy in the best situation.
At some point all those high / big potential guys explode OR maybe they never get it together and wreck your team for the foreseeable future at some point they will be without value .
last off season I paid twice what patterson is worth today and I also sold justin hunter for 2 1sts now he isn't worth 1 , I see it as time for you to start leaning towards safer players and if the potential guys pan out awesome and if not you can phase them out of your long term plans .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci