Latavius and 1.02 or Hyde and 1.05

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
joshnco
Role Player
Role Player

Latavius and 1.02 or Hyde and 1.05

Postby joshnco » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:21 pm

PPR 12 team league. Which side do you like and why?
14 Team PPR Dynasty - Red Dynasty 2nd Season- 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, DSP 1.5PPR TE's

10 Team PPR Dynasty - Chosen Ones 3rd Season- 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, K, D

2013 Champs; 2012 Runner-up **BEST DYNASTY TEAM OF ALL-TIME!! Well, its' a 10 teamer :)

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Latavius and 1.02 or Hyde and 1.05

Postby RightlegTucker » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Hyde and 1.05,

Gurley/Gordon>Hyde
1.05(White/DGB)>>Murray

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:19 am

Latavius and 1.02. I think SF drafts another RB, so I think Hyde vs Latavius is a toss up at the moment. I like what is going on with the Raiders too, they have a nice young group of talented players who will develop together and I think Latavius is a big part of that plan.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:59 am

The hype is all on Murray atm, so that's the side I would take.

I'd flip Murray, I don't think he'll last as a starting RB.

I agree with the poster above, I think SF rolls with a time share at RB.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:24 am

Give me one of the rookie RB's
Hyde and Murray are close enough in value to me I will take the better draft pick
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 am

MEuRaH wrote:The hype is all on Murray atm, so that's the side I would take.

I'd flip Murray, I don't think he'll last as a starting RB.

I agree with the poster above, I think SF rolls with a time share at RB.
I'm not asking facetiously, so don't take this wrong. But do you find this possible in your leagues? I mean, if a guy is getting hyped up and you buy him, do you find that you were the 'sucker' in the league who actually bought into the hype? Or are you usually able to turn around and sell a guy for more?
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:15 am

thebeast wrote:Latavius and 1.02. I think SF drafts another RB, so I think Hyde vs Latavius is a toss up at the moment. I like what is going on with the Raiders too, they have a nice young group of talented players who will develop together and I think Latavius is a big part of that plan.
Niners won't draft another RB high, they may take a guy late, but Hyde is going to start. The Raiders are more likely to draft another back, Mcfadden won't be re-signed, and MJD is done.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:16 am

maxhyde wrote:Give me one of the rookie RB's
Hyde and Murray are close enough in value to me I will take the better draft pick
I'm a Raider fan, and I wish that were the case. Murray isn't nearly as good a RB as Hyde.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:33 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
thebeast wrote:Latavius and 1.02. I think SF drafts another RB, so I think Hyde vs Latavius is a toss up at the moment. I like what is going on with the Raiders too, they have a nice young group of talented players who will develop together and I think Latavius is a big part of that plan.
Niners won't draft another RB high, they may take a guy late, but Hyde is going to start. The Raiders are more likely to draft another back, Mcfadden won't be re-signed, and MJD is done.
Really? Because they've spent a high pick on rbs the last three years or so even when the had more talent in the stable.
Last edited by thebeast on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:56 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
I'm a Raider fan, and I wish that were the case. Murray isn't nearly as good a RB as Hyde.
I didn't say he was as 'good'...just that they are close enough in value...closer than 1.05 and 1.02 imo
I just don't see what everybody seems to see in Hyde.

Truth is I am not sure Hyde/1.05 would get 1.02 from me. I definitely like Gurley/Gordon more than Hyde by enough I am not sure White/Parker would make up the difference for me and I like both players quite a bit
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:19 pm

maxhyde wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:
I didn't say he was as 'good'...just that they are close enough in value...closer than 1.05 and 1.02 imo
I just don't see what everybody seems to see in Hyde.

Truth is I am not sure Hyde/1.05 would get 1.02 from me. I definitely like Gurley/Gordon more than Hyde by enough I am not sure White/Parker would make up the difference for me and I like both players quite a bit
I agree with that assessment about the trade. I like Hyde, I think he's a good running back, but Gordon/Gurley, at least coming out of college, are superior talents. They both look better than Jeremy Hill did in college as well. Hyde is, IMO going to be an above average starting RB in this league, but Gordon and Gurley have the ability to be on another tier, if they can translate their skill sets to the NFL. I would definitely consider that trade, but I'm not sure I could pull the trigger on that either.

As for Murray's value, I don't think it will be where it is for long. I would be looking to unload him before the NFL draft, where the Raiders probably draft another RB at some point. The 49ers drafted Hyde, and actually traded up in the 2nd to acquire him. They have a lot more invested in him (in terms of belief in the player and the value of the pick) than the Raiders do in Murray, a 6th round pick.
Janiel Dones Truther

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:31 pm

I think Gordon/Gurley are clearly above Hyde, but I also think 1.05 is so far out in front of Murray that it tips the deal in Hyde's favor. Your call OP, but if you have Hyde I'd try to get a nicer piece than Murray in that trade.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:47 pm

Gordon/Gurley are the pieces I'd be interested in adding here (1.02). I agree that Latavius is a flyer, and don't have a ton of faith he'll turn into a reliable starter for any length of time. I like Hyde more than Murray, but don't believe Hyde approaches Gordon/Gurley in terms of talent or potential.

For that reason I'd go with 1.02 and Murray. The drop from Murray to Hyde isn't an issue of you're also adding either Gordon or Gurley.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku