Best landing spots for rookie RB's

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kingnesta
Role Player
Role Player

Best landing spots for rookie RB's

Postby kingnesta » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:08 pm

So we always talk about the best rookie rb's available but I haven't really read about the top destinations for these rb's. Here are my top five teams:

1. Atlanta - young offense, old RB and no real competition. Has early pick that won't be a Rb, so it will either be defensive or OL. Early second could be a great landing spot for one of the good rookies.

2. Baltimore - offensive line is good, good QB, team likes to run. No competition except Forsett but he is older.

3. Houston - older rb, no real competition behind him. One of the higher grades offensive lines this year. Good defense.

4. Jets - another team with a pretty good line and good defense. No real competition at RB.

5. San Diego- good offense, injury prone backs.

Others- New England - both backs are free agents, Detroit - bush is injury prone and bell is a jag, Jacksonville - a bunch of back-ups but no star, Giants - could a use an upgrade.

Let me know what your thoughts are!
12 team-PPR-49 man roster IDP 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex(rb/wr/te), K, 1 DT, 1 DE, 2 LB, 1 DB, 1 Flex (DL,LB,DB)
QB - Ryan, Winston, McCarron
RB - Hunt, Hyde, CJ Anderson, Dixon, Stewart
WR - Julio Jones, Hopkins, Allen, Jeffrey, Cobb, Moncrief, Floyd, Nelson, Rogers, Godwin
TE - Olsen, Ertz, Doyle, Cook
K - Lutz
DT - McCoy, Linval Joseph
DE - Mario Edwards, Avril, Graham
LB - Kirksey, Alexander, Timmons, Trevathan, McKinney, Minter
DB - Jenkins, Byron Jones

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Re: Best landing spots for rookie RB's

Postby vflgladiators » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:22 pm

The Colts could arguably be the best landing spot. No competition and won't face stacked fronts because of Andrew Luck at QB
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

kingnesta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby kingnesta » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:34 pm

vflgladiators wrote:The Colts could arguably be the best landing spot. No competition and won't face stacked fronts because of Andrew Luck at QB
I agree, I meant to put them on my list. Old brains
12 team-PPR-49 man roster IDP 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex(rb/wr/te), K, 1 DT, 1 DE, 2 LB, 1 DB, 1 Flex (DL,LB,DB)
WR - Julio Jones, Hopkins, Allen, Jeffrey, Cobb, Moncrief, Floyd, Nelson, Rogers, Godwin
K - Lutz

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:53 pm

kingnesta wrote:So we always talk about the best rookie rb's available but I haven't really read about the top destinations for these rb's. Here are my top five teams:

1. Atlanta - young offense, old RB and no real competition. Has early pick that won't be a Rb, so it will either be defensive or OL. Early second could be a great landing spot for one of the good rookies.

2. Baltimore - offensive line is good, good QB, team likes to run. No competition except Forsett but he is older.

3. Houston - older rb, no real competition behind him. One of the higher grades offensive lines this year. Good defense.

4. Jets - another team with a pretty good line and good defense. No real competition at RB.

5. San Diego- good offense, injury prone backs.

Others- New England - both backs are free agents, Detroit - bush is injury prone and bell is a jag, Jacksonville - a bunch of back-ups but no star, Giants - could a use an upgrade.

Let me know what your thoughts are!
I don't like ATL or SD for rookie RBs. Both teams seem to prefer to divvy up the 1st/2nd down rushing work and the 3rd down passing work. NE would also be a terrible spot. You'll never know when he might start or how long.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Joique Bell is a JAG? You obviously have never watched the guy play. The dude is good....really good.

I still think they could grab a back since there are so many talented ones but Joique can do it all. May not have straight line speed but has some wiggle for a guy with his kind of power
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

kingnesta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby kingnesta » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Breezy12 wrote:Joique Bell is a JAG? You obviously have never watched the guy play. The dude is good....really good.

I still think they could grab a back since there are so many talented ones but Joique can do it all. May not have straight line speed but has some wiggle for a guy with his kind of power
I am just crazy about Bell, but this is neither here nor there. I wrote for people's opinions on landing spots and there reasons for those spots. Please just don't disagree with my opinions on spots that seem ideal for rookies. Please list the spots that you are intrigued by. Also is there a landing spot that would make one of the lesser backs jump over the top two?
K - Lutz

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:40 pm

The uncertainty in Minnesota around AP's future combined with the uncertainty of McKinnon to become the lead guy seems to lend The Vikings as a darkhorse landing spot.

No one around here seems to mention the Chicago bears. With John Fox in town, he will want to run more. Forte is turning gray, and Carey is nothing special. I see this as another potential landing spot.

Lordcoca
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Lordcoca » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:56 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: I don't like ATL or SD for rookie RBs. Both teams seem to prefer to divvy up the 1st/2nd down rushing work and the 3rd down passing work. NE would also be a terrible spot. You'll never know when he might start or how long.
Atlanta will have a new coach though, so there could be a change in the way they divy up carries going forward.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:00 pm

Cowboys, if they can't afford Demarco

Colts, though they may stick with their RBBC off the street approach.

Lions, Bell is better suited to a backup role and Bush is pretty much done. With Tate, Calvin, etc there's a lot of value there.

Ravens, though you have to wonder if Forsett hangs onto the job for a year or 2. Not many miles.

Falcons, for obvious reasons

Chargers, good offense and other than Mathews the backs look pretty average

Giants, does anybody think Andre Williams is the answer? The Giants like to run the ball and play defense (though they haven't been great at either lately, I believe that's their goal)

Houston, good situation but Foster is still pretty good when healthy

Bucs, pretty good offense they are building and not much competition. Maybe they should be higher but o-line problems and questionable coaching worries a bit.

Titans, Sankey looked like garbage. Unfortunately so does the rest of the offense and the coaches aren't inspiring either.

Bills, decent spot if only they had a qb.

Bears, as mentioned, how much does Forte have left. Carey wishes he was JAG.

Oak, only the unproven Latavius Murray to deal with.

Cards, maybe they should be higher but Ellington will probably keep this a RBBC for a while. Still, they need a Jeremy Hill to come in and carry the load.

Saints, if Khiry isn't the guy, they need someone who is. Problem is they love RBBC with 3 or 4 players involved.

Redskins, Morris is decent, adds nothing in the pass game and doesn't really seem to fit with the offense they are running now. I could see them bringing in someone more dynamic and giving them the passing duties. If they excel at that they could eat in Morris's playing time and take over the main role.

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:20 pm

#1 spot far and away is Indy. Whoever ends up there will vault up board immediately.

kingnesta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby kingnesta » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:25 pm

Matticus wrote:#1 spot far and away is Indy. Whoever ends up there will vault up board immediately.
Would you take say Coleman at 1.1 if he went to the colts over gurley and gordon of there situations weren't ideal? I know we talk about talent of situation, but rb's have so few years that is it worth a bad situation?
K - Lutz

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:38 pm

kingnesta wrote:
Matticus wrote:#1 spot far and away is Indy. Whoever ends up there will vault up board immediately.
Would you take say Coleman at 1.1 if he went to the colts over gurley and gordon of there situations weren't ideal? I know we talk about talent of situation, but rb's have so few years that is it worth a bad situation?
No way. The best backs can turn a bad situation quickly into a good one.

People thought Hill and Mason landed in bad spots. Look at them now compared to some of the others.

Sankey, West, Andre Williams, James White all landed in "good situations".

The cream usually always rises to the top.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:57 pm

Forsett is a FA, no guarantees Baltimore re-signs him. Same with Ryan Mathews for the Chargers.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

cc texan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby cc texan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:57 pm

I know we want to look at the best situations, but you should also consider what teams have spent higher picks on RB in the last 1 or 2 drafts. Its not often we see teams take RBs high multiple years in a row (except for Cincy).
12 Team IDP. QB:1 / RB:1-3 / WR:2-5 / TE:1-3 / DL:2-4 / LB:2-4 / DB:2-4
QB: Newton, Rivers
RB: Hyde, Gordon, Martin, Dixon, Prosise, Williams (GB), Connor
WR: Beckham, Parker, White, Ty Williams, Doctson, Schuster-Smith, Boyd
TE: Thomas, Howard, Everett
DL: Cox, Fowler, Clark
LB: Alonso, Kendricks, Mack, Hicks, Kirksey, Mercilus, Ray
DB: Ryan, B Jones
Devy: Bryan Edwards

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:01 pm

I can't see NYG investing in another RB. I believe they truly like what they have in Andre Williams. He is smart, big, doesn't fumble, and is a load to bring down. Furthermore, he is working on those stone hands of his and pass protection. They are pretty high on him and the guy is dedicated to getting better. I think he forces a larger time share (w/ Jennings still in the picture) and eventually takes over as the bell cow late 2015, for sure 2016. With OBJ emerging as a legitimate threat and the team "forecasted" to invest in OL through the draft, I am buying where I can.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry