Trouble brewing for Hyde?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Trouble brewing for Hyde?

Postby italian_stallion21 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:14 pm

DJB wrote:
DLFiend wrote:His 4.0 YPC on limited carries was not impressive and he doesnt' wait for lanes to develop. He's got a lot working for him situationally but I guess we'll see. Montee Ball had a lot working for him situationally too.
Personally I think his YPC will be far greater next year because watching many Niners games, Hyde was used in many obvious short yardage/goal line situations.
That's exactly what it was. He was the short yardage back for most of the year, hard to get your YPC up.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:49 pm

DJB wrote:
DLFiend wrote:His 4.0 YPC on limited carries was not impressive and he doesnt' wait for lanes to develop. He's got a lot working for him situationally but I guess we'll see. Montee Ball had a lot working for him situationally too.
Personally I think his YPC will be far greater next year because watching many Niners games, Hyde was used in many obvious short yardage/goal line situations.
Exactly. 3rd and 1, you only need to gain a yard or two, and it's a successful run.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:47 am

DLFiend wrote:I just don't see it but I wasn't a fan of his coming out of college. He's got the size but very little else in my opinion. His QB sucks and they play in the worst division for RB production.
I'm an OSU fan, so on one hand, I'm biased, but on the other, I watched every snap of his collegiate career.

His senior year, he had ONE run for negative yards. It's not like Braxton Miller's arm really scares anyone either... That's an insane stat and not an accident. He's an okay physical talent, but he's got phenomenal vision.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:03 am

DJB wrote:CSN Bay Area reports Mike Shanahan is a candidate for the 49ers' offensive-coordinator vacancy.
That's Mike, not Kyle. NBC Washington's Dianna Marie Russini first had the news. It's hard to believe the 62-year-old Shanahan would be able to swallow his pride to be a coordinator, but stranger things have happened. It would be excellent news for Colin Kaepernick and company.

I think Hyde owners coud rest easy if this were to come true! :D
Ewww, no as a Hyde owner I do NOT want Mike Shanahan anywhere NEAR the 'Niners offense... All that would mean is that San Fran will draft a RB in the 5th, 6th or 7th Round and that will be your starter within a year... That's been his M.O. since..... Forever? :snooty:
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 2 2nds 2.17, 2.19 1 3rd 3.31…

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:59 pm

No way Hyde owners would like to have worry about Shananagans. As a non Hyde owner - Should be interesting.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:44 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:
DLFiend wrote:I just don't see it but I wasn't a fan of his coming out of college. He's got the size but very little else in my opinion. His QB sucks and they play in the worst division for RB production.
I'm an OSU fan, so on one hand, I'm biased, but on the other, I watched every snap of his collegiate career.

His senior year, he had ONE run for negative yards. It's not like Braxton Miller's arm really scares anyone either... That's an insane stat and not an accident. He's an okay physical talent, but he's got phenomenal vision.
I also did not think he passed the eyeball test as much as others seemed to. TBH while that stat is amazing it makes me much more impressed with the guys blocking for him than the RB himself. I feel most tackles for loss on RBs are not really something you can blame the RB for.