Who are your buys at RB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Matticus
Captain
Captain

Re: Who are your buys at RB?

Postby Matticus » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:36 am

Not a buyer of Doug Martin personally. With Kotter there now we will probably see a repeat of the ATL RBBC.

petekrum
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby petekrum » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:01 am

Bryce Brown has produced very well in his few limited chances. Anyone who doesn't realize he can excel when Spiller moves on should think again.

Billy McFred
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Billy McFred » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:05 am

Spiller was hurt for half of last season and he still didn't get his chance or produce that great when he did get limited opportunities. (he does well in the pass-game though).
12 team, 0.5 PPR, 18 keeper, 25 roster spot, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
Notable Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.06

QB - Big Ben, RGIII
RB - Hyde, Latavius Murray, Gio Bernard, Bryce Brown
WR - Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Stedman Bailey, Justin Hunter, Marvin Jones, Marquess Wilson
TE - Eifert, ASJ, Amaro

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:29 am

petekrum wrote:Bryce Brown has produced very well in his few limited chances. Anyone who doesn't realize he can excel when Spiller moves on should think again.
I totally and completely disagree. He had a great chance this season and didn't impress once again. He's a career backup.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:30 am

Billy McFred wrote:Spiller was hurt for half of last season and he still didn't get his chance or produce that great when he did get limited opportunities. (he does well in the pass-game though).
I think it was a misuse of resources. F-jax looks slow and Dixon is just a big guy. Brown is a combo of Spiller and Fjax IMO. I do think 2015 is a make or break year for him however.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:00 am

Pac_Eddy wrote:
petekrum wrote:Bryce Brown has produced very well in his few limited chances. Anyone who doesn't realize he can excel when Spiller moves on should think again.
I totally and completely disagree. He had a great chance this season and didn't impress once again. He's a career backup.
I'm not sure he was given the "chance" this year at all. He played in all of 7 games, and never received more than 7 carries in any game. Doesn't seem like too great a shot to me. Plus he was traded for, with the round of the pick being given as compensation was conditional. It went higher if Brown reached a certain number of touches or starts this year, and it seemed pretty apparent to me that the organization had no intention of letting him touch those numbers.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:02 am

Not a huge Bryce Brown fan but I did stash him on my roster as a EOY pickup. My only addition to this argument is that Doug Marrone couldn't use Spiller right either. Perhaps both backs will thrive in their new roles with new coaches.

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:08 am

I like theo riddick. I own him in all 3 of my leagues and whenever Bush has been out he's put up good #'s, all reception-based. In ppr I'd rather have a recieving back like him getting 4-8 reception opportunities a game vs most running backs who get 10-14 touches in the ground game. If Bush leaves Riddick could produce nice rb2 numbers.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:26 am

1. Charles Sims - Kotter as the OC in Tampa is great news for him. Kotter's schemes have always made good use out of receiving RB's and that's Sims specialty. Sims could be a viable RB2 in PPR next season.

2. Devonta Freeman - Clearly the most talented back in Atlanta. Rodgers is a FA, Smith is just a big play guy/special teamer and Jackson just isn't that effective anymore. Seems to have the clearest path to carry the workload next season.

3. Bishop Sankey - I'm not high on his talent and I think people only coveted him because of situation. So if you're one of those people who coveted the situation, the price to get Sankey is much, much cheaper than it was last year. You could probably get him for a 2nd from a frustrated owner. He has no competition for the job and Whisenhunt is going to keep rolling with him. The situation hasn't changed, but the price has. Good buy low.

4. Terrence West - Why not? A lot of the hype has been on Crowell, but it seems the Browns staff wants West to succeed more. He's not going away, they spent a high draft pick on him, and he's probably the more complete running back (though Crowell is the most talented). I think West is a solid affordable buy right now. At the very worst, he's a valuable handcuff to a Crowell owner. At his best, you probably have a high-end RB2.

5. Denard Robinson - He put together a string of really good games behind a poor Jaguars offensive line. It doesn't seem appropriate for the Jaguars to spend a pick on a RB and I doubt they get a more talented back in FA, so Denard would seem to be the guy. He definitely shouldn't cost too much.

Christine Michael and Tre Mason are some good ones too, but I suspect that their prices are already pretty high right now that it's questionable if you can buy them. Gio is another good one, but I'm thinking he's going to start being used like Shane Vereen because of Hill's surge.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:32 pm

sugbear65 wrote:
Pac_Eddy wrote:
I'm not sure he was given the "chance" this year at all. He played in all of 7 games, and never received more than 7 carries in any game. Doesn't seem like too great a shot to me. Plus he was traded for, with the round of the pick being given as compensation was conditional. It went higher if Brown reached a certain number of touches or starts this year, and it seemed pretty apparent to me that the organization had no intention of letting him touch those numbers.
I wasn't aware of this...makes a bit more sense why they didn't use him much even after Jackson and Spiller both got hurt. Good to know, thanks.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

captain_insano
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain_insano » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:49 pm

I'm bying Doug Martin if he's traded. I think he still has top-10 upside.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:59 pm

MARKinMI wrote: Alfred Morris owners are dumping him in my leagues because the Skins just hired Callahan who favors a power based run scheme and Morris is a zone based runner.
Uh, the Redskins were calling a majority of power-run plays this past season with some zone mixed in. Additionally, Callahan is seen as probably the best o-line coach in the league. If anything Morris is a buy.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:15 pm

DLFiend wrote:
MARKinMI wrote: Alfred Morris owners are dumping him in my leagues because the Skins just hired Callahan who favors a power based run scheme and Morris is a zone based runner.
Uh, the Redskins were calling a majority of power-run plays this past season with some zone mixed in. Additionally, Callahan is seen as probably the best o-line coach in the league. If anything Morris is a buy.
Kind of agree with this, but I just hate RBs that don't catch passes since I play in PPR leagues. Always feels like Morris has to score a TD to not drop an egg on any given week. I like Morris a bit more in non-ppr.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Irbir
Starter
Starter

Postby Irbir » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:28 pm

sugbear65 wrote:
Pac_Eddy wrote:
The bills were trying like hell to end a 15 year playoff drought. When spiller and fast Freddie went down if he was the best RB he would have played. But he couldn't beat out a guy named boobie! If brown was really all that and a bag of chips do you really think the eagles would have traded him for a 4th? He is not the future in buffalo.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:53 am

Nobody targeting Jerick McKinnon? Sure AP may stay in Minny, but if he walks McKinnon immediately becomes more expensive. I tend to think AP is gone, if only because of his huge contract and cap number. Never know though.

Agree on make or break year for Bryce Brown, but I've always liked him.