Trouble brewing for Hyde?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Trouble brewing for Hyde?

Postby breeze » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:13 pm

Niners just hired a new OL coach....who previously was with the Redskins.

The last few years, the Redskins have ran a zone blocking scheme. The Niners have been a power blocking team.

Should we be concerned? Does anybody have lots of knowledge on Hyde? He seems to be a "hit the hole" kind of back rather than a Arian Foster-like "be patient and wate for the hole to develop" type. But that may be just because that's how the Niners scheme was next year

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Re: Trouble brewing for Hyde?

Postby voiceofunreason » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:47 pm

If Alfred Morris can be successful, I'm not too worried about Hyde.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Hyde ran the ball for a spread offense in ohio if I'm not mistaken. I think he'll be a better runner in a zone blocking scheme then power run. So I wouldn't be concerned. He was very decisive in college so I don't see how a zone run scheme would hurt him.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:25 am

Thanks guys!
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:38 am

Hyde will be fine in a predominantly zone scheme. I'd be more concerned about the development of the 49ers passing game to keep teams from loading up against the run. If Kaepernick develops his ability to accurately throw from the pocket and they get some pass-catchers to work with (sorry Crabtree/Boldin/Davis supporters) that will aid the running game.

As it stands now, defenses don't have to worry about many big plays downfield via San Fran's passing game. Stop the run, stop their offense. They've been pretty one dimensional.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:08 am

As far as the SF passing game goes - I'm of the opinion that the Wr and TE were really not the problem AT ALL. Rather - C.Kaepernick was to blame as was the beyond inadequate play calling and game plan / scheming. V.Davis is one of the most talented overall athletes in the game. He's battled through a few injuries the past few years but Name a top tier TE that hasn't.... He is a physical mismatch on each and every play. No logical way to explain his lack of involvement when he's been healthy. Crabtree wasn't utilized enough and didn't' see the targets that a WR in his role should have. Boldin surprised and was used more than we all thought. I'm not a Hyde owner but I see it as likely that he does ok in either a power run scheme or a zone blocking scheme. I don't' see him as an runner that depends on either. Like a previous poster hinted - if A.Morris can have success in a scheme like that - so the heck can C.Hyde.

The bigger and most glaring problem is the inability of the qb to make multiple reads, make good decisions, and then make accurate throws. I would not want to depend on Kaepernick as a dynasty owner or a fan. He single highhandedly got Harbaugh fired (unintentionally of course) and he also ruined the fantasy relevance of Crabtree and V.Davis. (two talented players).

To blame the receiving corp for the lack of offensive punch, and to think that drafting another young talented wr will help to solve the problem is simply wearing blinders and avoiding the source of the problem.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:35 am

JFever wrote:As far as the SF passing game goes - I'm of the opinion that the Wr and TE were really not the problem AT ALL. Rather - C.Kaepernick was to blame as was the beyond inadequate play calling and game plan / scheming. V.Davis is one of the most talented overall athletes in the game. He's battled through a few injuries the past few years but Name a top tier TE that hasn't.... He is a physical mismatch on each and every play. No logical way to explain his lack of involvement when he's been healthy. Crabtree wasn't utilized enough and didn't' see the targets that a WR in his role should have. Boldin surprised and was used more than we all thought. I'm not a Hyde owner but I see it as likely that he does ok in either a power run scheme or a zone blocking scheme. I don't' see him as an runner that depends on either. Like a previous poster hinted - if A.Morris can have success in a scheme like that - so the heck can C.Hyde.

The bigger and most glaring problem is the inability of the qb to make multiple reads, make good decisions, and then make accurate throws. I would not want to depend on Kaepernick as a dynasty owner or a fan. He single highhandedly got Harbaugh fired (unintentionally of course) and he also ruined the fantasy relevance of Crabtree and V.Davis. (two talented players).

To blame the receiving corp for the lack of offensive punch, and to think that drafting another young talented wr will help to solve the problem is simply wearing blinders and avoiding the source of the problem.
This. All of this.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:36 am

I would be more concerned w/ Hyde just not being very good and not so much about whatever scheme is o-line is using.

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:57 am

Is anyone concerned at all that the OL personnel for the 49ers are power run guys? Like, the zone run concepts aren't ideal for the existing personnel?

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:28 pm

CSN Bay Area reports Mike Shanahan is a candidate for the 49ers' offensive-coordinator vacancy.
That's Mike, not Kyle. NBC Washington's Dianna Marie Russini first had the news. It's hard to believe the 62-year-old Shanahan would be able to swallow his pride to be a coordinator, but stranger things have happened. It would be excellent news for Colin Kaepernick and company.

I think Hyde owners coud rest easy if this were to come true! :D
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:35 am

DLFiend wrote:I would be more concerned w/ Hyde just not being very good and not so much about whatever scheme is o-line is using.
Hyde is good. I wouldn't be overly concerned.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:31 am

I just don't see it but I wasn't a fan of his coming out of college. He's got the size but very little else in my opinion. His QB sucks and they play in the worst division for RB production.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:27 pm

DLFiend wrote:I just don't see it but I wasn't a fan of his coming out of college. He's got the size but very little else in my opinion. His QB sucks and they play in the worst division for RB production.
I liked both Hyde and Hill coming out of college, wasn't a fan of Sankey. Took Hyde instead of Hill, and unfortunately it bit me this year, but I still see Hyde as an NFL starter. He is tough as nails, has good hands and has good pass protection skills at this point. Knows how to get into the end zone as well. Doesn't have the top end speed that Hill does, but he's tougher between the tackles, IMO. Not too much competition on the hers roster at this point, either.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:35 pm

His 4.0 YPC on limited carries was not impressive and he doesnt' wait for lanes to develop. He's got a lot working for him situationally but I guess we'll see. Montee Ball had a lot working for him situationally too.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:39 pm

DLFiend wrote:His 4.0 YPC on limited carries was not impressive and he doesnt' wait for lanes to develop. He's got a lot working for him situationally but I guess we'll see. Montee Ball had a lot working for him situationally too.
Personally I think his YPC will be far greater next year because watching many Niners games, Hyde was used in many obvious short yardage/goal line situations.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff