acquiring bridgewater advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
adammc44
Starter
Starter

acquiring bridgewater advice

Postby adammc44 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:25 pm

I asked the owner about him and west to partner with my crowell. he said he would probably want one of my wr (my team is below).

He offered me Bridgewater, West, and Josh Gordon for Beckham and RGIII

I'm not going to accept that but there are a couple things I think worth taking away from it. First that he included RGIII who at this point I'd be more than ok unloading and not carrying the headache of owning him. Second I have Cobb who I initially said was probably the wr who could be on the table. He does have Adams who would give me some insurance if Cobb leaves GB or as a plug and play option should cobb stay and get hurt.

I still don't think Adams on top gets this done, not even sure if Adams and a first rounder does (he's mid round). Gordon just carries too much risk. And I like Bridgewater a lot but I'm not ready to bet this much that he becomes a truly elite option. Of course if he does become a perennial top 5 guy and gordon rebounds this could be huge.

Others' thoughts on the value here.

The highlights of the rest of his team are: Kaepernick, Bridgewater
Forte, D Robinson, S Ridley, JStew
Maclin, Gordon, Decker, CPatt, D Adams, Shorts
Amaro, Clay

Decker might interest me a bit as does Amaro. Not sure he would go for a trade involving Charles or not. He seems set on getting a wr.
The Man with the Golden Gloves (14 teams, 6 pt all tds, no ppr, 18+3 rookie taxi squad spots (up to 2 years))
start: 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te no flex, d, k
QB: Cousins, Darnold
RB: David Johnson, A Jones, D Freeman, Gio, Hyde, Malcom Brown
WR: Adam Thielen, C Godwin, T Williams, J Landry, A Miller
TE: Waller, Herndon
Taxi: P Williams, Jonnu Smith, Gesicki
IR: Crowell

drive45
Rookie
Rookie

Re: acquiring bridgewater advice

Postby drive45 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:37 pm

If he wants a WR, the only one I would consider in the mix would be John Brown, but I think he is worth more than Teddy. You have Rivers, so I'm not sure why you would be dying to trade for Bridgewater in a start 1 QB league. Rivers was hurt for much of the year and I think that affected him more than anything else.

That said, I get wanting a backup and future QB at a lower cost as Bridgewater's cost will go up in the future (I am trying to figure out how I get Bridgewater for the same purpose even though it doesn't make sense). Since he brought up RGIII, why don't you try RGIII plus a pick for Bridgewater.

The challenge is, it appears he really doesn't want "a WR", but a particular WR. Considering he cobbled together a buttload of guys including Gordon, who some value highly, he wants your ODB. Talking him down from that into just Bridgewater for pieces may not happen.
Team 1
10 Team .5 PPR, 4 Point Passing TD (30 active, 3 IR) Year 5
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 TE, D/ST, K
QB: Brees, Mariota, Newton
RB: Gurley, Bell, McCoy, Lamar Miller, Barber, Riddick, Yeldon, Jonathan Stewart, Jonathan Williams, De'Angelo Henderson
WR: Beckham, Evans, AJG, Diggs, JuJu, Corey Davis, Golden Tate, Agholor, Treadwell, Chester Rogers, Decker, Cordarrelle Patterson
TE: Kelce, Seferian-Jenkins, McDonald, Butt
D/ST: Jacksonville
K: None

Team 2
14 Team Superflex 1.0 PPR (1.5 for TE), 6 Point Passing TD, -4 Point INT (25 active)
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 SuperFlex (QB, RB, WR, TE), 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 TE

QB: Winston, Tannehill, Flacco, Fitzpatrick, Chad Kelly, Kyle Lauletta
RB: Mixon, Chubb, Barber, Giovani Bernard, Jordan Wilkins, Ivory, Bo Scarbrough, Jonathan Williams
WR: Keenan Allen, Diggs, Sterling Shepard, Doctson, Tyrell Williams, Paul Richardson, Moncrief, Noah Brown
TE: Hooper, McDonald, Vernon Davis

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:42 pm

There is no combo of players on his team that I would accept for Beckham (outside of Forte, Maclin, Gordon)

Couple things:

1) if you move a WR I would make it Cobb
2) if you trade a WR, I'd be looking for a solid TE + WR
3) you don't need Bridgewater, unless you can acquire him for a true bench player like J Brown

adammc44
Starter
Starter

Postby adammc44 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:47 pm

yea that's my thought. I have nothing but a 3rd rounder this year. Considering I was in the final this year I'd probably do a first for him, but just don't have it.

I just have no idea of how to value Gordon and am not really interested in buying him now. If we're talking week 4 next year and Gordon's sitting on 350 yards and 2-3 tds, its a different story but with a whole offseason of not knowing whether he's getting in shape and staying clean I just don't want it.

May try the RGIII and a pick route, but not sure if anything will get started there. Keep in mind I would like to have west but just to have the handcuff crowell who shouldn't even start for me as is next year is not something I'm desperate to have.
The Man with the Golden Gloves (14 teams, 6 pt all tds, no ppr, 18+3 rookie taxi squad spots (up to 2 years))

drive45
Rookie
Rookie

Postby drive45 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Cleveland is so screwed up that who knows if West will be Crowell's handcuff. Grabbing the Cleveland backfield sounds like a good idea especially when Mack is back, but I think it is too early to be trading for West. A lot will happen this offseason and the odds of Cleveland bringing in another RB is high. Trading for a minimally talented handcuff now and letting that affect the course of a trade, seems unwise. Based on how Pettine used his backs this year, no matter how good the line, could prove frustrating. Crowell has incredible talented, so you take a chance on him becoming the three down back, but I don't think you invest in anyone else there right now.
Team 1
RB: Gurley, Bell, McCoy, Lamar Miller, Barber, Riddick, Yeldon, Jonathan Stewart, Jonathan Williams, De'Angelo Henderson
WR: Beckham, Evans, AJG, Diggs, JuJu, Corey Davis, Golden Tate, Agholor, Treadwell, Chester Rogers, Decker, Cordarrelle Patterson

Team 2
14 Team Superflex 1.0 PPR (1.5 for TE), 6 Point Passing TD, -4 Point INT (25 active)

RB: Mixon, Chubb, Barber, Giovani Bernard, Jordan Wilkins, Ivory, Bo Scarbrough, Jonathan Williams
WR: Keenan Allen, Diggs, Sterling Shepard, Doctson, Tyrell Williams, Paul Richardson, Moncrief, Noah Brown

Badger
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Badger » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Detroitcity wrote:There is no combo of players on his team that I would accept for Beckham (outside of Forte, Maclin, Gordon)

Couple things:

3) you don't need Bridgewater, unless you can acquire him for a true bench player like J Brown

Hilarious. I would only accept the .5 ppr RB3, WR9(from this year) and WR1 from a year ago for the guy who's played 12 games.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have me some obj on my roster, but good gracious people. Listen to that statement out loud!!!
12 Team, Half PPR, 20 Man Rosters
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex

Ben R, Mayfield, Burrow, Carr
Saquon, Aaron Jones, Penny, Breida, K Vaughn, Tevin
Keenan, JuJu, ARob, Golladay, Ruggs, Dede, Hollywood, Gallup
Kelce, Fant

2020 Picks 1, 2, 3

operwapitsai
MVP
MVP

Postby operwapitsai » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Badger wrote:
Detroitcity wrote:There is no combo of players on his team that I would accept for Beckham (outside of Forte, Maclin, Gordon)

Couple things:

Hilarious. I would only accept the .5 ppr RB3, WR9(from this year) and WR1 from a year ago for the guy who's played 12 games.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have me some obj on my roster, but good gracious people. Listen to that statement out loud!!!

Truth

on both sides
Forte is an aging RB
Maclin is a guy who has REALLY only done it for only 1 year
and Gordon is Gordon

But yea this OBJ thing is crazy
TEAM 1
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FX - 2DL 2LB 2DB 1FX

QB: J. Allen, D. Watson
RB: T. Gurley, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, M. Brown, G. Edwards, F. Gore
WR: J. Jefferson, J. Landry, M. Brown, AJ Green, J. Washington
TE: E. Engram, E. Ebron

TEAM 2
12 Team - 26 Roster - .5 PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FX

QB: J. Herbert, J. Allen
RB: M. Gordon, R. Jones, AJ Dillon, J. McKinnon
WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, A. Robinson, C. Samuel, J. Jeudy, CD Lamb, D. Johnson
TE: Gronk, Irv Smith, J. Graham

TEAM 3
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF - 2DL 2LB 2DB

QB: A. Rodgers, J. Garoppolo, J. Love
RB: D. Cook, L. Fournette, P. Lindsay, M. Davis, L. Murray
WR: C. Ridley, DJ Moore, T. McLaurin, NC Lamb, K. Cupp, M. Williams, M. Brown
TE: H. Henrey, T. Higbee

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:12 am

operwapitsai wrote:
Badger wrote:

Couple things:

Truth

on both sides
Forte is an aging RB
Maclin is a guy who has REALLY only done it for only 1 year
and Gordon is Gordon

But yea this OBJ thing is crazy
I was being sarcastic and serious at the same time. I'm not an OBJ slappy trust me. First there is no way the other owner is offering up forte, Maclin, Gordon for OBJ. I made the statement that there was "no combo of players" and then I looked at the team again and said well maybe I would consider this. It's the improbable vs impossible thing. Second, although I'd probably have to take the pure value of the trade, if I had his team an offer of Forte/Maclin/ Gordon would not be enticing, and I seriously would consider declining

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:05 am

drive45 wrote:Cleveland is so screwed up that who knows if West will be Crowell's handcuff. Grabbing the Cleveland backfield sounds like a good idea especially when Mack is back, but I think it is too early to be trading for West. A lot will happen this offseason and the odds of Cleveland bringing in another RB is high. Trading for a minimally talented handcuff now and letting that affect the course of a trade, seems unwise. Based on how Pettine used his backs this year, no matter how good the line, could prove frustrating. Crowell has incredible talented, so you take a chance on him becoming the three down back, but I don't think you invest in anyone else there right now.
Admittedly, I have not been following the Cleveland Browns on Twitter, or anywhere, but a couple of things...

We aren't even clear who is hand-cuffing whom here. It seems to me that the coaching staff has a preference for West, but Crowell has been performing better. So maybe its semantics, but Crowell may very well be West's handcuff here unless an announcement was made that I am not aware of...

Also, with these two, I don't see why the "odds are high" that Cleveland brings in another RB that would be much of a threat to either of them. Tate left because he couldn't crack the rotation, so who is Cleveland going to bring in that would get enough carries to matter?
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

adammc44
Starter
Starter

Postby adammc44 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:33 am

Agree with a lot of what's been said.

Forte/Maclin/BWater is probably crazy from a value standpoint but I wouldnt want that trade. With Foster and Charles, I have no reason to invest in Forte, nor am I willing to pay for Maclin's production this year given my wr corps.

My thing about Beckham is I don't value him as a number 1 or even top 5 start up pick. Depending on how teams feel about QBs (We are 6 pt pass tds), RBs( namely Bell) and Gronk in the first round I think he is in the discussion from about 6-12. But that's still pretty high value. But anyways I don't want this to turn into another thread solely on his value.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:18 am

Random thought if you're down on Rivers and want a franchise QB. Rivers/OBJ for Luck or Rodgers?
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

drive45
Rookie
Rookie

Postby drive45 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:00 am

Payton34 wrote:
drive45 wrote:Cleveland is so screwed up that who knows if West will be Crowell's handcuff. Grabbing the Cleveland backfield sounds like a good idea especially when Mack is back, but I think it is too early to be trading for West. A lot will happen this offseason and the odds of Cleveland bringing in another RB is high. Trading for a minimally talented handcuff now and letting that affect the course of a trade, seems unwise. Based on how Pettine used his backs this year, no matter how good the line, could prove frustrating. Crowell has incredible talented, so you take a chance on him becoming the three down back, but I don't think you invest in anyone else there right now.
Admittedly, I have not been following the Cleveland Browns on Twitter, or anywhere, but a couple of things...

We aren't even clear who is hand-cuffing whom here. It seems to me that the coaching staff has a preference for West, but Crowell has been performing better. So maybe its semantics, but Crowell may very well be West's handcuff here unless an announcement was made that I am not aware of...

Also, with these two, I don't see why the "odds are high" that Cleveland brings in another RB that would be much of a threat to either of them. Tate left because he couldn't crack the rotation, so who is Cleveland going to bring in that would get enough carries to matter?
I've watched West both during live games and on NFL Rewind and don't think he's that good and wouldn't be able to be the starting running back there for long. His playing time seemed more of a reflection of Crowell needing to figure things out as a rookie than West being better. But that is tainted by the fact I own Crowell, believe in his talent, and not West. Crowell, even being the better talent, may never mature and West might take the starting job. I see that as a long shot and not something I would prioritize.

As far as Cleveland bringing in another running back, they have Crowell, West, and Glenn Winston. I don't expect they go into 2015 with only those guys. Running Back talent is highly available and cheap especially with the depth of running backs in the draft. Last year they had Tate (picked up as a Free Agent), Dion Lewis, Ogbannaya, and others and still drafted West and got Crowell as a UDFA. I think there are lots of players available in the draft or free agency that are better than West. Does that guarantee they will bring one in and he will outplay West? Nope, but with the fluidity, I don't worry about the 2nd most talented RB on the Browns now. He actually might be 3rd behind Glenn Winston in terms of talent, but now my West bias is really coming out...
Team 1

Team 2

adammc44
Starter
Starter

Postby adammc44 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:11 am

Ive inquired about luck and rodgers. The rodgers owner basically said he wouldnt want to trade him to me because it would make my team too strong. The luck owner said itd be tough to come up with a price. Given that its a 14 teamer and 6 pt pass td league and id say in general the guys in our league tend to value qbs slightly higher than most i read on here and elsewhere online i dont think obj and rivers gets it done although id gladly do it.

My ideal trade would be packaging charles, davis, cobb, and rivers for one of those two but the sense i get from tgose two is that theyre not really interested in selling. Ive talked with the wilson owner too who alsp has gronk and id probably have to send him two of my wrs. That left me looking at bridgewater as a guy i feel good about rising into a top 10 position the next few years.

drive45
Rookie
Rookie

Postby drive45 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Payton34 wrote:

Yup, digging up a really old thread for an immature 'I told you so'. Cleveland Browns picked Duke Johnson in the 3rd tonight. That is why you don't invest in handcuffs for Dynasty.

I'm just as wrong as I am right, but this is one of my even a blind squirrel finds a nut moments. Sucks though because Duke is good and that will hurt my Crowell share.
Team 1

Team 2

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Sat May 02, 2015 4:38 am

drive45 wrote:
Payton34 wrote:

Yup, digging up a really old thread for an immature 'I told you so'. Cleveland Browns picked Duke Johnson in the 3rd tonight. That is why you don't invest in handcuffs for Dynasty.

I'm just as wrong as I am right, but this is one of my even a blind squirrel finds a nut moments. Sucks though because Duke is good and that will hurt my Crowell share.
As long as you acknowledge it's immature, I'm fine with it. :)
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…