Possible BLOCKBUSTER TRADE

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Possible BLOCKBUSTER TRADE

Postby RGKID144 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:25 pm

What's up all? I'm sitting at my buddy's place, and we may have just stumbled upon a monster blockbuster deal, but we would like as much feedback as possible.

10 team league with starting requirements as follows: 2QB/4WR/2RB/TE/FLEX(wr/rb/te). As you can see, rosters are VERY deep with both 2QB's and 4WR's in starting lineups, plus a flex.

With all that being said, the trade would be as follows:

I Give: LeVeon Bell, 2.3.

I Get: ODB, 1.6, Mark Sanchez.

If I were to do the trade, my projected opening day lineup for 2015 would be:

QB: Cam Newton
QB: Colin Kaepernick
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Odell Beckham
WR: Alshon Jeffery
WR: Michael Crabtree
RB: Doug Martin
RB: Latavius Murray
TE: Antonio Gates
FLEX: Larry Fitzgerald

My team is in my sig. All help would be greatly appreciated!
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

SpartyOn
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Possible BLOCKBUSTER TRADE

Postby SpartyOn » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:30 pm

I actually like the trade for your team, that being said its hard to find bell cow backs like Bell. Good Luck.

hbomb
Rookie
Rookie

Postby hbomb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:42 pm

I don't like it. I know Qbs are more valuable in your league and think Philly's Qb is worth a grip but sanchez's deal is up this year and I see it going back to Foles or Philly drafting a Qb. Given that, Bell is worth way more than OBJ and a pick bump, and you have much more WR depth than RB. I wouldn't feel comfortable starting Murray and Martin.
10tm HPR SF - Start 9 - Year 9 Champion
Murray, Tagovailoa, Cousins, Winston, Ben
JT, Jacobs, Mixon, Dillon, Edwards, Mcfarland, Kelley, Mitchell
Evans, Cooper, DJ Chark, Claypool, Davis, M. Williams, E. Moore, Hamler, DPJ
Kittle, Hockenson, Gesicki, Everett

10tm HPR HPFD SF - Start 9 - Year 1 Runner-up
Murray, Stafford, Cousins, Jones, Lock, Bridgewater
Mixon, Akers, Henderson, Dillon, J. Williams, Edwards, Pollard
Jefferson, DJ Moore, Lamb, Claypool, Reagor, Davis
Kittle, Andrews, Hockenson

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:44 pm

On value I think I like it. A lot of people would take OBJ straight up over Bell right now, plus the pick bump? I think on value alone you should take it.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:38 pm

auggiedoggies wrote:On value I think I like it. A lot of people would take OBJ straight up over Bell right now, plus the pick bump? I think on value alone you should take it.
Wow, interesting.

Firstly, I appreciate all the feedback everybody. It is definitely important to note that in our league, we do have 4 starting WR slots, so the WR position is extremely valuable. However, then again as is the case in all leagues, the top, UBER RB's are probably the most important cornerstone pieces making them almost invaluable.

With all that being said, we have continued talking(still with him now), and we have tweaked it slightly. The trade is now as follows:

I Give: LeVeon Bell.

I Get: ODB, 2.6, Mark Sanchez.

What do you guys think? Thanks!

WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:44 pm

nope not too close even. if it was odb and 2nd for just bell its closer but no. i'd need odb, a 1st and a 2nd for bell
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:22 pm

knotts4372 wrote:nope not too close even. if it was odb and 2nd for just bell its closer but no. i'd need odb, a 1st and a 2nd for bell
Lol, thanks for the response dude. I totally hear where your coming from, and perhaps it's my GMEN homerism, but the 4 WR league settings really makes WR's so valuable, similar to how valuable QB's are in our league because it's 2QB.

In any event, after about 4 hours chillin at his place, we finally just completed the deal.

The final deal was as follows:

I Give: LeVeon Bell, Gavin Escobar.

I Get: ODB, 2.6, Mark Sanchez, Chris Polk.

Completed and finalized. I will update my sig in a minute.

Thanks for the help all, and what do you guys think?

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:28 pm

i honestly hate it. you gave bell at like 75% value. you say about qb being valueable because its 2qb and you are right but its mark sanchez who wont be starting next year for any team and espeically the eagles. bell is the top rb in dynasty and even with the league leaning wr you are horribly screwed at rb. you worsened your team its just that simple. odb recency bias running rampant
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

hbomb
Rookie
Rookie

Postby hbomb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Still don't like it, but that's just me. Imho, Bell > OBJ + 2.06 and Escobar > Sanchez + Polk. Good luck! If you can flip OBJ for someone more proven it could work out.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:52 pm

knotts4372 wrote:i honestly hate it. you gave bell at like 75% value. you say about qb being valueable because its 2qb and you are right but its mark sanchez who wont be starting next year for any team and espeically the eagles. bell is the top rb in dynasty and even with the league leaning wr you are horribly screwed at rb. you worsened your team its just that simple. odb recency bias running rampant
Lol, well I do appreciate the honesty. I wasn't referring to Sanchez in the slightest in regards to the 2QB settings though. Hopefully that's clear now. I was simply referring to the starting requirements to show how valuable WR's are, which is comparable to the importance of QB's in 2QB leagues.

As amazing as Bell is(and trust me, it wasn't easy to trade him), I am just really a WR guy at heart. My number one philosophy in dynasty is to simply give yourself a chance at making the playoffs, and once your there all bets are off. The playoffs really come down to which team is hot at the moment, and the best team doesn't necessarily win by any means. With all that being said, the best way to give yourself a shot to make the playoffs for a solid 2-3 year window is to provide longevity for your team. Despite the importance of top, uber RB's, I have been screwed countless times by them, so I just felt like taking advantage of the tremendous value Bell is bringing to the table right now was a solid move.

Just a quick note and some support for my hatred of RB's, one of the two finals teams this year in my league began the year with a RB corps of Ryan Matthews, Toby Gerhart, Knowshon Moreno, and Zac Stacy. Despite his horrendous bust of a RB corps, his team still dominated because he has Rogers/Rivers at QB, and Dez/Cobb and a few other big guys at WR. As I'm sure you know, RB's come and go, and even though Bell is a unique player who could potentially be an uber stud for the next 3-5 years, there is also a chance of him falling off, and following that same trend via injury or other incident, etc.

Appreciate all the help people!

Any other opinions on this blockbuster?

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:06 am

knotts4372 wrote:i honestly hate it. you gave bell at like 75% value. you say about qb being valueable because its 2qb and you are right but its mark sanchez who wont be starting next year for any team and espeically the eagles. bell is the top rb in dynasty and even with the league leaning wr you are horribly screwed at rb. you worsened your team its just that simple. odb recency bias running rampant
I'm with you on this one...Sanchez is not starting anywhere next season so he carries zero value here. Basically Bell and the heir apparent at TE in Dallas for OBJ and a lottery ticket pick. Sanchez and Polk do nothing for me here.

But if OBJ is your guy then you should br happy with it even if we all think you overbought and undersold.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

bjorklunde
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bjorklunde » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:53 am

Just came across this and thought I'd toss out my 2 cents. I don't like it. Give me the Bell side. There are so few bellcow backs and Bell is absolutely one of them. I see a big drop in production for OBJ next year (return of Cruz, Eli being Eli, etc.) and simply don't see the value.

hbomb
Rookie
Rookie

Postby hbomb » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:07 am

RGKID144 wrote:
Lol, well I do appreciate the honesty. I wasn't referring to Sanchez in the slightest in regards to the 2QB settings though. Hopefully that's clear now. I was simply referring to the starting requirements to show how valuable WR's are, which is comparable to the importance of QB's in 2QB leagues.

As amazing as Bell is(and trust me, it wasn't easy to trade him), I am just really a WR guy at heart. My number one philosophy in dynasty is to simply give yourself a chance at making the playoffs, and once your there all bets are off. The playoffs really come down to which team is hot at the moment, and the best team doesn't necessarily win by any means. With all that being said, the best way to give yourself a shot to make the playoffs for a solid 2-3 year window is to provide longevity for your team. Despite the importance of top, uber RB's, I have been screwed countless times by them, so I just felt like taking advantage of the tremendous value Bell is bringing to the table right now was a solid move.

Just a quick note and some support for my hatred of RB's, one of the two finals teams this year in my league began the year with a RB corps of Ryan Matthews, Toby Gerhart, Knowshon Moreno, and Zac Stacy. Despite his horrendous bust of a RB corps, his team still dominated because he has Rogers/Rivers at QB, and Dez/Cobb and a few other big guys at WR. As I'm sure you know, RB's come and go, and even though Bell is a unique player who could potentially be an uber stud for the next 3-5 years, there is also a chance of him falling off, and following that same trend via injury or other incident, etc.

Appreciate all the help people!

Any other opinions on this blockbuster?
I agree with everything you are saying. I'm just saying you sold too low. I recently sold Bell for Dez and McKinnon. OBJ is not on that level yet for me.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:59 am

Not good. Bell should net more than a rookie WR who had a good showing, and a couple of other middling assets