Devy/Rookie Draft

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Devy/Rookie Draft

Postby italian_stallion21 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Hey everyone, just wanted to get your thoughts on a mixed draft. Has anyone ever had a league like that before? My devy leagues always have had them separate, but I thought it would be pretty interesting to combine them. A little more strategy, like do you take Treadwell or Parker, or whatever guy you think as you get lower into the rookie draft. Thoughts?

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Devy/Rookie Draft

Postby dlf_robw » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:39 am

I have never participated in one, though I know folks that do and they seem to enjoy it. I'm always a fan of adding new wrinkles into leagues.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:50 pm

dlf_robl wrote:I have never participated in one, though I know folks that do and they seem to enjoy it. I'm always a fan of adding new wrinkles into leagues.
Cool, thanks!

sackdaddy
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby sackdaddy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:53 pm

I'm starting one of these up with my buddies as soon as the NCAA cutoff date. This'll be my first devy league too... any tips on when I should think about grabbing some devys (limit 3 per team)? Thanks guys!

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:44 pm

Last year, I would have had no issue taking Gordon/Gurley/Cooper as early as the 3rd. They're premier prospects at their positions and as expected all are in this year's draft.

This year, I'd hold off until Round 5 or 6, personally. I do not see 2016 eligibles in the class of those three and as such would wait and stock up on a lot of second-tier talent. Some may argue for Chubb, though there's at least two years until he hits an NFL field and I cannot make a huge investment just yet.

That would be my range, with Chubb, Laquon Treadwell, Tyler Boyd, De'Runnya Wilson being my top targets if I am dipping in the devy pool early.

sackdaddy
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby sackdaddy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Alright, I wasn't too far off then. I was contemplating trying to get QBs early (it's a 2 QB league as well) and then maybe a top rookie and Chubb/Treadwell were highest on my radar after that. I'll keep researching. Thanks!