Turbin or Michael

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
joshhorn8
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Turbin or Michael

Postby joshhorn8 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:39 am

If Seattle does draft an RB, I have to think it would be a late-round flier. It seems like they easily have enough talent between Turbin and Michael to have a very successful RBBC, and their need at WR is incredibly real. Wilson is eligible for contract negotiations after this season, and after Kaepernick and Dalton merited massive paychecks on middling performance, I have to think he will net a near-record pay increase. That said, if you're going to pay for a Pro-Bowl QB, it's probably best that Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse aren't the top-2 options in the passing game.
12 Team Dynasty, Standard Scoring, 1-2-3-1-1, Year 1
2014 Runner-up

2nd Hand High
QB - Russell Wilson/Colin Kaepernick
RB - Le'Veon Bell/Marshawn Lynch/Andre Williams/Ka'Deem Carey/Charles Sims/Bryce Brown
WR - AJ Green/Josh Gordon/Randall Cobb/Michael Floyd/Davante Adams/Donte Moncrief/Justin Blackmon
TE - Dwayne Allen/Jordan Cameron/Ladarius Green
DST - Flavor of the week
K - Flavor of the Week
IR - Stevan Ridley/Aaron Dobson

2015 Picks: 1.09,1.11,2.11,3.11,4.07,4.11

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:46 am

When Seattle was closing out the game against Philly it was Michael toting the rock and not Turbin. He ran much better than Turbin did, averaged 5.3 ypc opposed to 1.8. I think that bodes well for him moving forward.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:48 am

RightlegTucker wrote:When Seattle was closing out the game against Philly it was Michael toting the rock and not Turbin. He ran much better than Turbin did, averaged 5.3 ypc opposed to 1.8. I think that bodes well for him moving forward.
That caught my eye as well but bottom line is Turbin has been ahead of Michael for 2 years now. Plus, they trust him more in pass protection and running routes.

With that said, Im a big believer in Michael but Im not ready to crown him yet.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:53 am

Space Cowboy wrote:
RightlegTucker wrote:When Seattle was closing out the game against Philly it was Michael toting the rock and not Turbin. He ran much better than Turbin did, averaged 5.3 ypc opposed to 1.8. I think that bodes well for him moving forward.
That caught my eye as well but bottom line is Turbin has been ahead of Michael for 2 years now. Plus, they trust him more in pass protection and running routes.

I'm not crowning him by any means, but when Michael has gotten his opportunities he has outperformed Turbin. Getting the nod over him him in the final minutes is a good sign, not a clear indication that he has surpassed him on the depth chart.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:54 am

RightlegTucker wrote:
Space Cowboy wrote:

I'm not crowning him by any means, but when Michael has gotten his opportunities he has outperformed Turbin. Getting the nod over him him in the final minutes is a good sign, not a clear indication that he has surpassed him on the depth chart.
Yea Im with ya. I used 1.10 on him. Nice to see him getting some work. :dance:

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:19 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Yea Im with ya. I used 1.10 on him. Nice to see him getting some work. :dance:
Indeed, I have him as well and get giddy when the Seahawks put him in for a play or two, hope he gets some more opportunities as the season winds down.

GreenGold
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GreenGold » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:35 pm

C-Mike all the way. Seattle just letting him learn before he is unleashed.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:57 pm

GreenGold wrote:C-Mike all the way. Seattle just letting him learn before he is unleashed.

Exactly. One thing that I noticed this weekend that was suble, but a huge indication that he is getting it. The week before against SF, there was a run he made, where he appeared to stop before getting the first down, late in the game, to try and make a bigger play, and he was criticized heavily for it. Against the Eagles, the same situation presented itself, and instead of trying to bounce outside for more yards, and going out of bounds, he put his shoulder down, gained the first down and kept the clock moving (4the quarter). Wilson came over to him and gave him a big slap on the helmet. He learned from his mistake. It was noticed by his teammates. C-Mike this year is at 6 YPC, 5.3 for his career. Turbin is a back-up, and a solid one at that. Next year it will be C-Mike at RB1, with Turbin in the same role he holds. I don't believe for a second they would wast this time grooming him, and then draft another RB high. They have too many other needs, such as WR. They drafted him in the second round, when they didn't have a first round pick. He was the top player on their board. They knew he was a project, and they knew they had Lynch, and that his contract was structured a certain way. I believe C-Mike is the guy in 2015.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.