Values Peaked - Sell

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Values Peaked - Sell

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:37 am

Another monster game for Bell this weekend. Best RB in the NFL in terms of being a complete back, and he's only 22. I'm not selling....but he single handedly gave me a shot a winning this week. My personal problem is that I have guys like Hyde, West, Michael etc...so until next year he is my main producer at RB. Still won't sell, though. There are not enough good young backs with this ability to trade him (I'm non-PPR) He is SO valuable in my line-up, that is where I see his "value".
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

4tdsIn1game4PolkHigh
Rookie
Rookie

Postby 4tdsIn1game4PolkHigh » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:41 am

Andre Williams? He had a great game against Tenn, try to sell to the Rashad Jennings owner? If so what sort of price tag?

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:52 am

The key here as others have mentioned is to sell at peak value, not plateau value.

Selling at peak value is like changing currency from a risky stock to a safe bond, and is smart.

If your player has plateaued, it means their value is holding steady and you should reap the benefits of their production for a few weeks/seasons before selling at the back end of the plateau.

I see Bell as a plateau not a peak. Of course predicting peaks and plateaus is challenging, but if you have the right mental framework it sets you up favorably to hit more than you miss.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:07 am

I think Williams has a big role next year. I would not sell Andre right now.

I would not sell Bell unless:
- I am rebuilding and he is one of my only players
- I have terrible WR

You could flip Bell for a starting RB WR and future picks. If I was rebuilding I am moving him for WR depth and RB.

If you have a terrible team with Bell he can basically help finish a rebuild in one trade.

Luke7799
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Luke7799 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Lacy for me. If you can get top 6 RB value for him I would. I am a Packer fan and watch every game. I don't think he lasts more than 3 to 4 more years. He isn't overly fast or shifty and tends to take a lot of unnecessary shots. He is just not someone I plan on counting on. If I can get 2 to 3 good pieces for him, I am selling.
Too many to list....I have a problem