Isaiah Crowell (Please ignore 49ersFaithful80)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Isaiah Crowell (Please ignore 49ersFaithful80)

Postby Goirish374 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote:Crowell is no doubt the most explosive back on this team, as seen on his 35 yard run. However, his deficiencies as an overall back are becoming more and more apparent, and that is why for now, he is better suited to the backup/change of pace role. West is the best all around running back on this team, and fantasy aside, the Browns should go with him. His pass protection is better, he has good vision, and can catch the ball. Crowell is just not ready for lead back duties....yet. I think it's safe to say that Ben Tate has worn out his welcome in Cleveland. 2 carries for -9 yards, and more whining after the game. This is good news for both Crowell and West owners moving forward. When Tate was hurt, and the two rookies were playing (before Mack got hurt) they showed that they could be rotated and both be productive. I think that West and Crowell both have a future on this team, and Tate will probably not even see the second year of his contract in a Browns uniform.
that's my prediction as well, a West/Crowell backfield going forward with Tate gone in the offseason. i don't know that that will necessarily make the backfield situation any easier to predict on a week to week basis, unfortunately.

on the plus side, however, we can add to this situation that Hoyer seems able to throw a deep ball and Gordon returning while having been able to train at team facilities this whole time...

is the Browns backfield becoming a "buy" situation?
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2023 Champ: Benny Blanco
2022 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj (again!)
2021 Champ: ZShultz
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:52 am

My thoughts all along have been that whomever emerges as the lead RB by the time Gordon returned would have the inside track on keeping the job due to Gordon opening up the defense and keeping it honest. It looks like Tate is out of the running (Get it?), leaving it to Crowell (week 11 lead) or West (weeks 9-10 lead) to be the guy. My money is (and has been) on Crowell. Let's see how this plays out! /popcorn
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:30 am

Steveeb wrote:My thoughts all along have been that whomever emerges as the lead RB by the time Gordon returned would have the inside track on keeping the job due to Gordon opening up the defense and keeping it honest. It looks like Tate is out of the running (Get it?), leaving it to Crowell (week 11 lead) or West (weeks 9-10 lead) to be the guy. My money is (and has been) on Crowell. Let's see how this plays out! /popcorn
Things shaping up nicely over in Cleveland. Now if Cameron could finally get his head out of the clouds.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:24 am

And now Tate is gone. Things just got interesting...er(?)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:40 pm

Well, now West and Crowell owners just got a bit happier. You have to figure West is now the passing down back, his pass protection is better than Crowell's, and he has good hands for a back. Even if he is not the starter, he can at least become a flex if he's catching 3-7 passes a game on top of his carries. Cleveland made the right decision. Both these running backs have a role in this offence, they are a 1-2 punch that could work for years.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote:Well, now West and Crowell owners just got a bit happier. You have to figure West is now the passing down back, his pass protection is better than Crowell's, and he has good hands for a back. Even if he is not the starter, he can at least become a flex if he's catching 3-7 passes a game on top of his carries. Cleveland made the right decision. Both these running backs have a role in this offence, they are a 1-2 punch that could work for years.
I think long-term that is going to be the scenario, however as a Crowell owner I'm concerned that his overall lack of polish last week is going to mean lead-back duties for West going forward, with Crowell as a change of pace. West is simply more reliable. They can't confidently start Crowell right now, even if he runs the best, if he continues to make mistakes like last week. In a change of pace role, Crowell's now-obvious deficiencies with understanding the playbook and holding on to the ball will be mitigated.

I think Crowell is the long-term back to own, however I would not be shocked at this point if West started the rest of the way. They may have started Crow last week just to see where he was, with intentions of moving on from Tate.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Nothing will shock me at this point. Well, I guess I would be shocked if Gordon didn't take some of the defenses attention away from the run. But Crowell vs West, short term, who knows. Long term I think it has to be Crowell.

This week, I have both and Crowell is in my lineup and Tate on my bench... (Gordon is back in my lineup too. Finally!!!)
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:01 am

jetsfan5757 wrote:Nothing will shock me at this point. Well, I guess I would be shocked if Gordon didn't take some of the defenses attention away from the run. But Crowell vs West, short term, who knows. Long term I think it has to be Crowell.

This week, I have both and Crowell is in my lineup and Tate on my bench... (Gordon is back in my lineup too. Finally!!!)
Long Term, I think West. I just have my doubts about Crowell's overall football intelligence. I don't think he gets it, beyond "here is the ball, run!" He looks lost is pass protection way too often, and Has put the ball on the ground about 5 times in limited action (including a couple of dropped pitches). West seems like the better bet. Crowell may have the better physical attributes, but that alone very rarely makes the better football player over the course of a career. Both I think, however, will now at least be a flex option moving forward. I think West now becomes the passing down back, with Tate's release.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
jetsfan5757 wrote:Nothing will shock me at this point. Well, I guess I would be shocked if Gordon didn't take some of the defenses attention away from the run. But Crowell vs West, short term, who knows. Long term I think it has to be Crowell.

Long Term, I think West. I just have my doubts about Crowell's overall football intelligence. I don't think he gets it, beyond "here is the ball, run!" He looks lost is pass protection way too often, and Has put the ball on the ground about 5 times in limited action (including a couple of dropped pitches). West seems like the better bet. Crowell may have the better physical attributes, but that alone very rarely makes the better football player over the course of a career. Both I think, however, will now at least be a flex option moving forward. I think West now becomes the passing down back, with Tate's release.
Really? Have you had dinner with Crowell? Or spent time in the locker room with him? Maybe you spent some time in the film room with him. I don't think you get it.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:33 am

Pettine defended Crowell's fumble this past sunday as "a great play by Brian Cushing".

They must believe it since they kept him in even after that fumble.

Will be interesting to see how this timeshare pans out, if either Crowell or West pull away from the other.

Pettine is seeming ready to roll with Crowell.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:46 am

Fantasy freak,
I think the Browns believe Crowell "gets it". If they didn't, no way Tate gets released. If they believe, I am optiimistic...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:48 am

thebeast wrote: Really? Have you had dinner with Crowell? Or spent time in the locker room with him? Maybe you spent some time in the film room with him. I don't think you get it.
He clearly indicated it was his opinion and gave some reasons for concern (pass protection, high number of fumbles). I don't get the point of this post and it isn't really funny. If you don't agree, fine, but to discredit someone's opinion with nothing but fluff seems like a stretch.

Bigger than football awareness, I'm not sold on his overall awareness, and still hold concerns about off the field, as well as those items noted for on the field. Holding concerns, despite people obsession with his Georgia tape and respectable rookie performance, still holds validity.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:10 am

FiremanEd wrote:
thebeast wrote: Really? Have you had dinner with Crowell? Or spent time in the locker room with him? Maybe you spent some time in the film room with him. I don't think you get it.
He clearly indicated it was his opinion and gave some reasons for concern (pass protection, high number of fumbles). I don't get the point of this post and it isn't really funny. If you don't agree, fine, but to discredit someone's opinion with nothing but fluff seems like a stretch.

Bigger than football awareness, I'm not sold on his overall awareness, and still hold concerns about off the field, as well as those items noted for on the field. Holding concerns, despite people obsession with his Georgia tape and respectable rookie performance, still holds validity.
To say you have concerns about a players football IQ is about the dumbest thing I've heard unless you know the player personally, or unless there have been reports coming out that the player has a lazy work ethic, or he's not picking up the playbook. I haven't heard any of these things about Crowell so to suggest that he's dumb, or that 'he doesn't get it' is pretty idiotic and lazy way of supporting a clear West bias. Neither of his concerns support his statement, or opinion 1) fumbling issues have no link to football intelligence, if you can't figure out why well then that's on you, 2) almost every rookie RB has pass protection issues, that's just part of the process with learning the position. I don't really see these as valid points, but that's my opinion. In any case I don't think it's fair to basically call a player dumb, or insinuate that he's clueless, without any real facts to back that up. Thanks for your comment though.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:33 am

thebeast wrote:
FiremanEd wrote:

To say you have concerns about a players football IQ is about the dumbest thing I've heard unless you know the player personally, or unless there have been reports coming out that the player has a lazy work ethic, or he's not picking up the playbook. I haven't heard any of these things about Crowell so to suggest that he's dumb, or that 'he doesn't get it' is pretty idiotic and lazy way of supporting a clear West bias. Neither of his concerns support his statement, or opinion 1) fumbling issues have no link to football intelligence, if you can't figure out why well then that's on you, 2) almost every rookie RB has pass protection issues, that's just part of the process with learning the position. I don't really see these as valid points, but that's my opinion. In any case I don't think it's fair to basically call a player dumb, or insinuate that he's clueless, without any real facts to back that up. Thanks for your comment though.
Jesus man, try to hide your Crowell boner for one second. We get it, you blindly love Crowell because you own him.

I think he was making the assumption that Crowell has a low football IQ based off of the fact that he has been a gigantic dumbass his entire life. Driving around campus with assault weapons and getting charged with a felony typically means someone is pretty stupid, or do you disagree with that?

He's also well re-known as a low-effort practice player. How have you possibly not seen any of the countless reports from Alabama State about how ridiculously lazy Crowell was?

Do I know if he has a low football IQ? Nope.

Do you have any reason or evidence to so emphatically argue that he doesn't have a low football IQ? Nope

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 am

thebeast wrote:
FiremanEd wrote:

To say you have concerns about a players football IQ is about the dumbest thing I've heard
You've been spewing things dumber than that all over this forum lately. Comparing CP to Mike Evans is about the dumbest thing I've heard.