Kelce+ for McKinnon+

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
wildabeast49
Role Player
Role Player

Kelce+ for McKinnon+

Postby wildabeast49 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Team is in sig (hopefully). I'm rebuilding and currently have 2 firsts, 3 seconds, 3 thirds for the upcoming draft. Deal on the table is:

Give: Kelce, Khiry, late second.

Get: Eifert who I can IR, McKinnon, first (most likely 1.05-1.08)
10 team, .5 ppr dynasty
QB: Brady, Wilson
RB: Fournette, cook, mixon, Ajayi, Gordon, Ware, Joe Williams, Hunt, Martin
WR: Evans, TY, Dez, Sammy, Coleman, Diggs, Ross, White, Fitz
TE: Watson, Eifert, Bennet

PPR 12 team superflex, limited devy (1 per year) heavy return yardage
Cousins, Rivers, Kizer
Fournette, Zeke, Mixon, mcCaffrey, Joe Williams, Mcnichols, Mack, Martin
Cooper, Evans, Watkins, Coleman, Diggs, Martavis, Chad Williams, Parker
Henry, Rudolph, Hodges

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Kelce+ for McKinnon+

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:42 pm

I like it.

Kelce looks awesome but Eifert has a ton of potential too. Personally, I think mcKinnon is gonna be awesome so getting a first as well is a very nice deal.

DFHustle
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DFHustle » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:49 pm

I'd take it. Kelce is probably going to be the better TE, but the pick makes the different I think there between him and Eifert. Eifert is going to miss a year of development, but I think he'll end up being a good 2nd tier TE. Mckinnon>Khiry long term.

This is definitely a better move for maybe 2nd half 2015 and 2016 for sure, which is what the move was supposed to be for.
10 team .5ppr: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex(W/R/T) Champs: 2015
QB- R. Wilson, R Fitzpatrick
WR- AJG, Julio, D. Hopkins, A. Robinson, J. Matthews, J. Landry, D. Baldwin, R. Matthews, S. Diggs
RB- D. Johnson, T. Gurley, L. Miller, L. Murray, T. Riddick, J. McKinnon,
TE- T. Eifert, D. Walker
K- S. Gostkowski
DEF- KC

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Take it
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Easy accept. This is not even close for me. McKinnon > Kelce, Khiry, 2nd so the fact that you are getting him to add Eifert AND a first is robbery IMO.

Scorpio78
Captain
Captain

Postby Scorpio78 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:00 pm

Novacane wrote:Easy accept. This is not even close for me. McKinnon > Kelce, Khiry, 2nd so the fact that you are getting him to add Eifert AND a first is robbery IMO.
I disagree that McKinnon is greater than Kelce/Khiry/and a 2nd. McKinnon has some serious flaws to his game. He can't pass protect for one. This can be fixed…but as of now…he can't do this essential part of the job. Second, McKinnon lacks natural instincts. I understand that he is a converted QB and that this might take some time, but it always scares me when a running back doesn't see/"feel" holes and if you have ever actually watched McKinnon play you will notice that he leaves A LOT and I mean A LOT of yards on the field. I was a big McKinnon fan earlier in the year, but have obviously soured on him. RBs that lack instincts are bad investments imo. Could McKinnon figure out how to play the position? Sure. Why not. But treating him like he is a can't miss prospect that is worth more than Kelce/Khiry (a better pure runner than McKinnon) and a 2nd is a little absurd.

tboucher71
Starter
Starter

Postby tboucher71 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Yeah I'd jump on that deal.
TEAM 1
14 TEAM STD SCORING/IDP
1QB , 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1K, 2DL, 2LB, 3DB

QB: Luck, Romo
RB: McCoy, J. Charles, Mckinnon, K. Davis
WR: A. Jeffrey, J. Nelson, J. Hunter,J. Mathews, C. Latimer, D. Moncreif, Nuk
TE: Gronk,T. Eifert, ASJ
DL: C. Dunlap, Chandler Jones, Gholston, M. Dareus
LB: L. David, P. Worrilow, B. Wagner, J. Houston, B. Carter
DB: C. Chancellor, R. Jones, R. Harper, Clinton Dix, E. Reid

TEAM 2: 12 TEAM PPR/IDP
Start - 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1k, 2dl, 2lb, 3db

QB: A. Luck, C. Kaepernick
RB: M. Forte,Gio ,A. Ellington, J. Hill, L. Taliaffero
WR: AJG, A. Jeffrey, J. Gordon, D. Moncreif, J. Hunter, K. Benjamin, C. Latimer
TE: Gronk ASJ, Gresham,
K: Vinatieri
DL: C. Jones, C. Dunlap, G. Selvie, O. Vernon, E. Ansah
LB: B.Wagner, C. Greenway, L. David, P. Worrilow
DB: B. Church, T. Mathieu, K. Chancellor, E. Weddle, M. Barron

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Scorpio78 wrote:
Novacane wrote:Easy accept. This is not even close for me. McKinnon > Kelce, Khiry, 2nd so the fact that you are getting him to add Eifert AND a first is robbery IMO.
I disagree that McKinnon is greater than Kelce/Khiry/and a 2nd. McKinnon has some serious flaws to his game. He can't pass protect for one. This can be fixed…but as of now…he can't do this essential part of the job. Second, McKinnon lacks natural instincts. I understand that he is a converted QB and that this might take some time, but it always scares me when a running back doesn't see/"feel" holes and if you have ever actually watched McKinnon play you will notice that he leaves A LOT and I mean A LOT of yards on the field. I was a big McKinnon fan earlier in the year, but have obviously soured on him. RBs that lack instincts are bad investments imo. Could McKinnon figure out how to play the position? Sure. Why not. But treating him like he is a can't miss prospect that is worth more than Kelce/Khiry (a better pure runner than McKinnon) and a 2nd is a little absurd.
To each his own I guess. You disagree and thats fine BUT my opinion is not "absurd." Time will tell and by no means am I declaring McKinnon a "cant miss prospect." But I very much like what I have seen so far in this raw athletic freak who was supposed to be 2-3 years away from contributing. Of course he needs to improve. All rookies do but he is ahead of schedule IMO. It can be argued that he is the best RB of this class. Kelce is also just a prospect. Khiry is also just a prospect. A future second is a future prospect. Give me the guy with top 5 upside at the running back position.

I like Kelce a lot. He is obviously the centerpiece of the deal for the other side but I like McKinnon much more. The other two pieces dont do much for ME though in exchange for McKinnon. Others may be higher on Khiry. I see him as just a guy. Again, to each his own.

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:43 pm

agree. would take the deal. as always, unknown is if AP comes back what role does mckinnon have if any?

second is that Khiry has flashed, but may just be Chris Ivory part 2. Great hard runner who can't stay healthy. Plus, if Khiry goes to another team besides Saints and gets feature back role, his value sky rockets. Its the first round pick that seals the deal for me.
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan