Slam Dunk?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Slam Dunk?

Postby philosophy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:39 am

Give: Mid to late 2nd

Get: Garcon

I know it sounds so, however his targets/production have declined with DJax, Roberts, Reed, Paul, Morris and Helu.

Thanks!

Sliup
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Slam Dunk?

Postby Sliup » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:53 am

yes slam dunk do it. Once RG3 comes back i think Garcon's numbers will improve.

philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby philosophy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Quick Bump.

bthompson04
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bthompson04 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:56 pm

I don't particularly care for Garcon, but I'd make that deal.
12-team, 0.3 PPR, start QB, RB (x2), WR (x3), TE, DL (x2), LB (x2), DB (x2)
Champion: 2014, 2015

QB:
Matthew Stafford, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Arian Foster (IR), Isaiah Crowell, Giovani Bernard, Danny Woodhead, Alfred Morris, Tre Mason, Matt Jones, Spencer Ware
WR: Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Odell Beckham Jr., Larry Fitzgerald, Allen Robinson, John Brown, Jaelen Strong
TE: Travis Kelce
DL: Robert Quinn (IR), Chandler Jones, Pernell McPhee, Jerry Hughes
LB: Telvin Smith, Jamie Collins, Thomas Davis
DB: Johnathan Cyprien, Reshad Jones, Harrison Smith

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:59 pm

I like Garcon with RG3 a bit more than a 2
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:37 pm

ive never really thought much of garcon and view him as just another 1 of 25 wr's that you can count on to avg 10-12 pts a game. he certainly has the potential to put up some big games, but more often than not, this year and every year other than last year....he is just a boom or bust play that hurts you more times than he helps. if it were me and i needed the production, i would go look for someone more consistent that puts up 10 a game rather than go with garcon who gets 20 one game and 5 the next 3 games.

i can see why an owner would sell him for a 2nd....because unless you own him, you arent really aware of his production tendencies.

philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby philosophy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:08 pm

They were my thoughts too. However, I like his talent and RG3 should give him a boost in targets.

I was turned down for Decker earlier in the year with a 2nd and 3rd, so I thought a latish 2nd for a WR3 (hopefully) is somewhat worthwhile.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:39 pm

i dont think there is much to like about his talent. just look at every year besides last year. nothing even sort of special there to see at all. it wasnt rg3 that allowed for all of those targets last year, it was shanny's offense which always tends to put the focus on 1 wr. dont get me wrong, he is worth a shot at the expense of a 2nd, but lets look at his production thus far... outside of wk 3 where he went for nearly 140 and a td, there really isnt anything special to look at. he has had some decent games, but strictly due to getting the td in the game. its hard to say who might be available for a 2nd in your league, but i would explore my options before taking this deal. guys like steve smith, roddy, terrance williams, andre johnson, mike wallace, james jones, boldin, bowe are all guys that i would rather pay a 2nd for over garcon if i was counting on something from the acquisition.

philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby philosophy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:46 pm

Yeah, hence my hesitancy.

I doubt the Terrance Williams owner will accept a latish 2nd; you'd rather Bowe over Garcon..? Hmm, I would rather take the punt on Garcon personally.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:45 pm

considering bowe has had his bye and garcon hasnt, essentially garcon has played 2 more games. garcon is about done on td's looking at his career td's, avg's 4 or 5 a year, has 3 now. bowe is right around that area aswell and hasnt found the endzone yet this year...and from a consistency standpoint is more consistent, but obviously not the ceiling with smith at qb. if im looking for the constant pts, im taking bowe as bad as that sounds. haha

im assuming that your looking for depth or your wr3 by making a move. imo that slot is replaceable from year to year. i dont put much weight in age for that particular roster slot. steve smith, andre johnson, boldin, jones and roddy would be my targets. i just brought up bowe because he can likely be had for the same price or cheaper but is consistently getting those 10 pts or so.

philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby philosophy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:55 pm

I offered a 3rd for Bowe earlier in the year and was rejected; I'd still rather Garcon.

Garcon is only 29 next year so I can see service into the future in PPR. Now you are talking me out of it lol.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:18 pm

lol..i dont mean to talk you out of it, as i see it as a fair price for garcon. i just wanted to point out that there may be better options than garcon for the same price. i mean you can look at your player stats and see garcon as wr 23 and think your getting a solid wr2 for a 2nd, but the reality is, without the big game, he is more of a wr3 or flex option. i look and see gronk as the top scoring te this year, but we all know that he has been average all year except last week. we play week to week, not cumulative. so its important to look for some consistency imo when we are talking about wr3 or depth guys. not everyone agrees with that. some would rather slot a guy in and hope for a 25 pt game three times a year and live with the other 10 games under 8 pts. if you can find someone willing to give up a guy that scores 10-15 every week for the same price, and your counting on playing him, that would be the guy i would go after. shoot for the players that have a high weekly floor, you know that a few times they will get up around 20 plus.

philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby philosophy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:28 pm

I understand, however I'm hoping that with RG3 Garcon becomes a more consistent player getting his 7-10 targets which in PPR should equate to fairly consistent points.

He was also disappointed at half time against the Cowboys that he only had one catch. He wants to be involved and Gruden wants him to be involved too, hence another reason his production could rise.