Tre Mason worth a 2014 roster spot?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MrBalloonHands
Rookie
Rookie

Tre Mason worth a 2014 roster spot?

Postby MrBalloonHands » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:21 pm

I have Tre Mason locked up for a 3-year, $4,000,000/yr deal in a realitysportsonline league. My question is this:

Should I place Tre on IR for the 2014 season to free up a roster spot for Jerrick McKinnon? I already own Matt Asiata and I'd like to have rights to both before seeing how the Vikings dole out carries.

My thinking is that Tre has minimal value for this year anyway being 5th or so on the depth chart. Taking on a league minimum contract with McKinnon would free me up to dump either he or Asiata later on in favor of another waiver pick up. Putting Mason on IR would free up $2M so I'd also come out of this deal with $1.5M of freed up cap space.
QB - Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton
RB - Lamar Miller, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffery, Joe Williams, Matt Jones, Mike Davis
WR - Michael Thomas, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Quincy Enunwa, Josh Doctson, Cooper Kupp, Josh Reynolds, Leonte Carroo, Rashard Higgins, Cameron Meredith, Adam Thielen, Krishawn Hogan, Charone Peake
TE - Martellus Bennett, Evan Engram, Clive Walford, Virgil Green
K - Greg Zuerlein

flexcapacitor
Captain
Captain

Re: Tre Mason worth a 2014 roster spot?

Postby flexcapacitor » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Everything you said makes sense to me except putting Mason on IR. Doesn't he have to actually be on IR to do that? The depth chart shows that he's 3rd. He probably won't get to much work this year but you never know, RB can drop like flies. He's definitely a talented guy that should stay on your roster somehow.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Tre Mason worth a 2014 roster spot?

Postby DJB » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:58 pm

If you can IR him, then ya, do it and pick up McKinnon right now.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff