Trade: Mohamed Sanu for Bryce Brown

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Yung Don
Starter
Starter

Trade: Mohamed Sanu for Bryce Brown

Postby Yung Don » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Which side do you have?
The Yung Don Soda Boy's 2014 Champions, 2015 Champions, 2016 3rd Place, 2020 3rd Place, 2021 2nd Place
12 Team, .5 PPR, 35 man roster, IDP: 2DL, 3LB, 2DB
QB: Trevor Lawrence, Baker Mayfield, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, Rhamondre Stevenson, Brian Robinson Jr., Jonathon Brooks, Zach Charbonnet, Marshawn Lloyd, Jerome Ford, Ray Davis, Israel Abanikanda
WR: Rashee Rice, Jayden Reed, Calvin Ridley, Xavier Worthy, Jakobi Meyers, Romeo Doubs, Adonai Mitchell, Jerry Jeudy, Juju Smith-Schuster, Skyy Moore, Devontez Walker, Jacob Cowing, Kyle Phillips, A.T. Perry, Charlie Jones
TE: TJ Hockenson, Mike Gesicki, Hunter Henry
DL: Deforest Buckner, Cameron Jordan
LB: Devin White, Fred Warner, Robert Spillane
DB: Jeremy Chinn, Tyrann Mathieu

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Trade: Mohamed Sanu for Bryce Brown

Postby Novacane » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Bryce by a lot.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:58 pm

Agreed, not close for me
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

Yung Don
Starter
Starter

Postby Yung Don » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:21 pm

But guys! Sanu is projected to finish as a top 30 WR as Cincys #2. This trade is sitting in my inbox, and I'm afraid to accept. I could be getting burned by trading Sanu.
The Yung Don Soda Boy's 2014 Champions, 2015 Champions, 2016 3rd Place, 2020 3rd Place, 2021 2nd Place
12 Team, .5 PPR, 35 man roster, IDP: 2DL, 3LB, 2DB
QB: Trevor Lawrence, Baker Mayfield, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, Rhamondre Stevenson, Brian Robinson Jr., Jonathon Brooks, Zach Charbonnet, Marshawn Lloyd, Jerome Ford, Ray Davis, Israel Abanikanda
WR: Rashee Rice, Jayden Reed, Calvin Ridley, Xavier Worthy, Jakobi Meyers, Romeo Doubs, Adonai Mitchell, Jerry Jeudy, Juju Smith-Schuster, Skyy Moore, Devontez Walker, Jacob Cowing, Kyle Phillips, A.T. Perry, Charlie Jones
TE: TJ Hockenson, Mike Gesicki, Hunter Henry
DL: Deforest Buckner, Cameron Jordan
LB: Devin White, Fred Warner, Robert Spillane
DB: Jeremy Chinn, Tyrann Mathieu

Scorpio78
Captain
Captain

Postby Scorpio78 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Yung Don wrote:But guys! Sanu is projected to finish as a top 30 WR as Cincys #2. This trade is sitting in my inbox, and I'm afraid to accept. I could be getting burned by trading Sanu.
Hmmm...does the guy who offered you this trade know what he's doing? Most people are going to say Bryce I would assume...but Sanu actually HAS looked like a legit NFL receiver this August. As for Brown, who's to say that he won't be anything other than a journeyman running back who disappoints year in and year out? I really see this trade as being a matter of personal preference...you're trading potential for potential.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Brown by a decent margin!

EdgeFx
Starter
Starter

Postby EdgeFx » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Yup, Bryce all day on this one. :thumbup:

cane
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby cane » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:13 pm

brown and dont look back

nabright
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nabright » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Brown easily. Marvin Jones should be in the #2 role once he returns, unless Sanu puts together some good games while Jones sits
Team 1
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/OP
QB: ARod, Wilson, Goff, Winston, Taysom Hill
RB: Cook, Mack, Barber, L. Murray, Ito Smith, Bibbs
WR: ARob, Kupp, Miller(Chi), Agholar, Doctson, Grant, Gordon Z. Jones, Quinn(Wsh), Wilson(Mia)
TE: Reed, Ebron, Andrews, V. Davis, Gates, Herndon
Team 2
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Tanny, Goff
RB: Henry, Drake
WR: Nuk, ARob, Cooper, JuJu, Shepard, Hurns, Lockett, Stewart, Kupp
TE: Doyle, Allen, Clay
Team 3
14tm Super-flex, 1.5PPR and 1.5pts per 10yds for TEs, 1PPR for WRs, .5ppr and .25ppc for RBs. start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Goff, Jones
RB: Henry, Ekeler, Howard, Hines, Kelley, McKinnon, Samuels
WR: Cooks, Ridley, Ross, Callaway, Moncreif, MWilliams, Enunwa, Kupp, Golladay, Kearse, Reynolds
TE: Howard, Hurst

Scorpio78
Captain
Captain

Postby Scorpio78 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:31 pm

nabright wrote:Brown easily. Marvin Jones should be in the #2 role once he returns, unless Sanu puts together some good games while Jones sits
Which he very easily could. And all the while Bryce Brown will still be third on the Bills depth chart. The Bills did give up a 4th rounder next year for Brown, so he's obviously a long-term investment...but judging by what I've seen over the course of the last few seasons, do you really trust Buffalo's ability to evaluate offensive talent? I don't. You know who I do trust? Chip Kelly. He didn't want Bryce Brown.

overanalyzer
Rookie
Rookie

Postby overanalyzer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Sanu's measurables and agility are better than Cordarelle Patterson and he runs (and throws) just as well. He is 25, in his 3rd year and looking good in pre-season. I like both Sanu and Bryce but think Sanu may deliver value sooner.

Scorpio78
Captain
Captain

Postby Scorpio78 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:45 pm

overanalyzer wrote:Sanu's measurables and agility are better than Cordarelle Patterson and he runs (and throws) just as well. He is 25, in his 3rd year and looking good in pre-season. I like both Sanu and Bryce but think Sanu may deliver value sooner.
Yes! Someone agrees with me that this isn't a slam dunk trade in favor of Brown. Sanu has looked the part in the games that I have watched this preseason (all of them). And camp reports have been consistently good as well. It's not like the OP really NEEDS either of these guys at the moment...so like I said earlier it really comes down to personal preference. If your gut is telling you to keep Sanu...then keep Sanu.

EdgeFx
Starter
Starter

Postby EdgeFx » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Chip Kelly wanted the 4th rounder so he could continue to build the way he likes to build. He wanted a for sure non fumbling boss of a player and he got that in Sproles as a backup. A 4th rounder was a good price for Chip to take, you can do so much with 4th rounders and up I feel, it was good for the future while Bryce's value on the team wasn't all that great considering you have McCoy already there.

Bryce Brown in my eyes "is" the starter next year for BUF, of coarse you won't get that kind of value for him until it's actually true, and a year in the football world is a crazy long time to be making assumptions like that, but Spiller can't seem to carry a FULL load and I wouldn't expect him to come back or get resigned since I think BUF isn't trying to pay what his agent and/or other teams feel like he's worth; somebody will probably pay big in the offseason for him if he has a decent season this year. Fred Jackson got resigned which means in my eyes BUF feels they have next years duo now, or a starter in one of them more then likely one of them being Bryce considering the trade for him and Fred's age.

I like Sanu, he just doesn't have the athletic upside that Bryce does, plain and simple and if these guys don't really matter to your roster anyways, taking the higher ceiling player is the safe bet. :D

Scorpio78
Captain
Captain

Postby Scorpio78 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:02 pm

EdgeFx wrote:Chip Kelly wanted the 4th rounder so he could continue to build the way he likes to build. He wanted a for sure non fumbling boss of a player and he got that in Sproles as a backup. A 4th rounder was a good price for Chip to take, you can do so much with 4th rounders and up I feel, it was good for the future while Bryce's value on the team wasn't all that great considering you have McCoy already there.

Bryce Brown in my eyes "is" the starter next year for BUF, of coarse you won't get that kind of value for him until it's actually true, and a year in the football world is a crazy long time to be making assumptions like that, but Spiller can't seem to carry a FULL load and I wouldn't expect him to come back or get resigned since I think BUF isn't trying to pay what his agent and/or other teams feel like he's worth; somebody will probably pay big in the offseason for him if he has a decent season this year. Fred Jackson got resigned which means in my eyes BUF feels they have next years duo now, or a starter in one of them more then likely one of them being Bryce considering the trade for him and Fred's age.

I like Sanu, he just doesn't have the athletic upside that Bryce does, plain and simple and if these guys don't really matter to your roster anyways, taking the higher ceiling player is the safe bet in my eyes. :D
Yeah...that all makes sense. But I do still think it's a matter of personal preference. Wouldn't fault anyone for deciding one is better than the other...I do think it's relatively close though...Sanu just looks like the light came on this preseason. We shall see.

EdgeFx
Starter
Starter

Postby EdgeFx » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:05 pm

^ Agreed, on guys that haven't really shown anything yet and aren't rookies it almost always comes down to personal preference.