Dynasty Superflex - First Timer - Draft Strategy

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Dynasty Superflex - First Timer - Draft Strategy

Postby SkinZ187 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:09 am

Looking for some advice on what my draft strategy should be - I will know what position i draft next tuesday after our initial meeting - This will be a "snake" style draft

I am the commish of this league with all first time dynasty players. It is structured as a 10 team, "all-play" league with no separate divisions, and the top 4 teams making the playoffs.

The scoring for this league is .5ppr - passing td 4/-1 int. - pretty much standard for all other scoring

QB,RB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,WR,TE,K,DEF with a superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE) and a traditional flex (RB/WR/TE) for a total of 13 starters. What would be the proper roster size for this type of league? I am tentatively thinking 30 man rosters, but am def open to suggestions.

When it comes to our startup draft, What positions will carry the most value under these settings? Im assuming QB since it can be used in the superflex and people will naturally want to use a QB whenever possible... Im mostly confused as to how to value RB and WR with this sort of structure..

I am just looking for some advice/suggestions for how this league is put together, and also looking for advice on proper draft strategy.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Dynasty Superflex - First Timer - Draft Strategy

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:56 am

I recently did a startup with pretty similar settings. Ours was full ppr, 1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, Flex, Superflex. Thirty-man rosters. Here's a link to the league: you can check out the draft and other settings (ignore the punters; they're placeholders).

I thought that QBs went too early, given the deep requirements at other positions. Your league doesn't have quite as many position players, though, so this should be informative.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Postby SkinZ187 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Ok... This league decided to go full ppr rather than the .5 ppr.

Also, i ended up drawing the #5 spot which i really dont care for. I think QB's are going to go pretty quick in this format, but i just dont know how to value Qb (can start 2 qb's) vs the other positions beings its only 4pt passind td's with -1 for int's thrown....

I can almost guarantee the first 2 picks are rodgers and luck. Would it be wise to actually wait on qb's til rounds 4-5 and load up through the first 3 rounds with skill players?

Bump for any advice now that i know draft positions and am a little more clear on the rules setup.

Thanks

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:50 pm

Stafford is very much in play for your 5th pick. I would pencil him in.

Otherwise I gould grab a young WR, and try to get 1 or 2 QBs by your 4th pick depending on value.

justintimeftb
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby justintimeftb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:06 pm

I think the biggest thing to note here is the 10 team league. that means at MOST 20 QBs will be starting. I would ignore the position for the first few rounds. Load up on Skill players then later on grab a trio of QBs in the Tanne, Palmer, Geno, Eli, Flacco range. The difference between them vs the top guys isn't enough for you to go all in on them
@JustInTime_NY