Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
spillertime
Role Player
Role Player

Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson

Postby spillertime » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:22 am

I thought I would mention something about him, because many Clemson fans think he will turn pro this year. He is only a sophomore but did a year of prep school so is eligible for the draft.

The man is an absolute physical specimen (6-5 and runs a 4.4). They say no one on the team can beat him in a foot race, including Watkins. I honestly think it would be a mistake for him to come out this early as he hasn't really lit it up on the field yet and could use another year of coaching. But supposedly comes from a very poor family and could use the $$$. And with the game he had last night against GT on national TV, who knows..

If he does decide to come out this year, watch him light up the combine and shoot up draft boards. He's definitely be a project type, but this guy has HUGE upside.
Sir Peyton 12 Team • 5th Year • Non PPR
2010: 8th | 2011: 11th | 2012: 2nd | 2013: 4th | 2014: 1st

QB1 Peyton RB1 Miller RB2 Ellington WR1 Thomas WR2 Hopkins WR3 Watkins TE1 Gronk
Reserves QB Someone Shitty RB Spiller, Mathews, Sankey WR Marshall, Fitz, Nicks, Landry, Richardson, Randle TE Walker

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Interesting..... Got a good article or source on this?
I would like to read into it more.

MrBalloonHands
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MrBalloonHands » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:39 am

Whenever I catch Clemson on TV this dude just pops off the screen. I will definitely be taking him in round 3 if he's still there.

Love his size and receiving ability. I haven't seen a ton of their games but he always seems to be a factor on the outside and I can't remember seeing him drop any catchable passes. Also, I was unaware of his speed and if that forty time holds up he will definitely see a huge bump in draft stock.
QB - Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton
RB - Lamar Miller, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffery, Joe Williams, Matt Jones, Mike Davis
WR - Michael Thomas, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Quincy Enunwa, Josh Doctson, Cooper Kupp, Josh Reynolds, Leonte Carroo, Rashard Higgins, Cameron Meredith, Adam Thielen, Krishawn Hogan, Charone Peake
TE - Martellus Bennett, Evan Engram, Clive Walford, Virgil Green
K - Greg Zuerlein

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 am

He officially is entering the draft.

TheRascal88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheRascal88 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:24 pm

I've had my eye on him for most of this season and the kid is a beast. The Clemson coach said that he is easily the fastest guy on the team, including Watkins, and can jump through the roof. He looks pretty raw in terms of routes but he has nice, big hands and is physical at the catch. If you can get him in the 3rd, that would be a steal but, after the combine, I don't think he will that big of a secret anymore.
Team 1- 12 Team PPR 1QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5WR, 1-2 TE:

QB: Matthew Stafford, Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Zeke Elliott, Joe Mixon, Devonta Freeman
WR: Nuk, Davante Adams, DJ Chark, Tyler Boyd, Robert Woods, Jamison Crowder, Cole Beasley, Gabe Davis
TE: Travis Kelce, Jared Cook

Team 2- 12 Team PPR TE premium 1QB, 2-7 RB, 2-7 WR, 1-6 TE:

QB- Deshaun Watson, Ben Roethlisberger
RB- Ronald Jones, Latavius Murray, Carlos Hyde
WR- Tyreek Hill, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, TY Hilton, Adam Humphries
TE- TJ Hockenson

Picks- 1.01, 2.01, 3.01, 4.01

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Yea this kid won't be a secret to anyone because guys that size who can run like him are highly coveted in the NFL. Brian Quick was the 33rd pick of the NFL draft for being a size/speed specimen, Jerome Simpson went early 2nd also, neither guy had much of a resume to speak of. After Bryant had himself a nice game, and has a big combine, I expect him to go no later then the 2nd round in the NFL draft, and in fantasy rookie drafts he should be jumbled in the late 1st/2nd with a ton of other WR's. A lot will have to do with his fit. If the Ravens or Lions take him in the 2nd I'd be a lot more excited about him then if Tampa Bay took him, so team fit will break a lot of ties.

I will be watching him closely during drills, want to see how fluid his hips are and it's hard to tell that sometimes with vertical or jump ball routes. He could be another Tommy Streeter, so I won't be taking him over more proven WR's until I see him go through more drills.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)