Rice's Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TXPackFan
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Rice's Value

Postby TXPackFan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:52 pm

I'm looking to add Rice to my Tortoises roster. I know he's having a rough year, and I don't expect him to ever return to elite status, but I definitely think he bounces back to a solid RB2 next year. I'm looking to target him now as a hold (I have Charles and McCoy so I, hopefully, won't have to rely on him). What are Rice owners looking at getting back for him?
12 Team, .5PPR, 6pt TD
QB, RB, WR, TE, R/W, W/T, R/W/T, K, DEF
QB-Wilson, Cousins
RB-Gurley, McCoy, Lynch, Abdullah, Ellington, Gore, Perine, Mack, Kelley, Darkwa
WR-Green, Mike Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Thielen, R. Matthews, Higgins, Ross, A. Steweart
TE-Doyle, Smith
2018-1, 2

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Re: Rice's Value

Postby holy_stromboli » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:13 pm

TXPackFan wrote:I'm looking to add Rice to my Tortoises roster. I know he's having a rough year, and I don't expect him to ever return to elite status, but I definitely think he bounces back to a solid RB2 next year. I'm looking to target him now as a hold (I have Charles and McCoy so I, hopefully, won't have to rely on him). What are Rice owners looking at getting back for him?
Rice will be lucky to be an RB3 next year. I tried to warn everyone in the offseason. Glad I jumped ship when I did. He's already been traded 2 times in one league after I sold high. I wouldn't waste your time.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:58 pm

He might be a buy low guy...although who knows if he rebounds next year. The owner in my ten teamer is looking to get a 2014 1st rounder for him but I am on the fence.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm not ready to write off Rice yet. I think a lot of the issues are the offensive line and the play calling. Part of my reasoning behind this, right or wrong, is Bernard Pierce. Pierce averaged a hair under 5YPC in 2012. He is now averaging under 3YPC in 2013. Obviously Pierce isn't washed up after less than 200 career carries at 22 yo. I think this leads to the system being the big problem right now and not the RBs. If Pierce was performing well and running up and down the field with ease this year, then I'd be very worried about Rice. The fact that neither RB can get anything going actually makes me feel much better about Rice and the worries that he's done. Obviously the line needs to be issued, and I think the play calling needs a big change as well, but Rice is not done IMO.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

lostcause
Captain
Captain

Postby lostcause » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Saw this trade in a 12 teamer:
Ray Rice

for

Jonathan Stewart
Marvin Jones
Mike Brown

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:15 pm

lostcause wrote:Saw this trade in a 12 teamer:
Ray Rice

for

Jonathan Stewart
Marvin Jones
Mike Brown
Marvin Jones is the only player in that package that holds any value to me. I think that's lite for Rice.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krang » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:30 am

BuckeyeNation wrote:I'm not ready to write off Rice yet. I think a lot of the issues are the offensive line and the play calling. Part of my reasoning behind this, right or wrong, is Bernard Pierce. Pierce averaged a hair under 5YPC in 2012. He is now averaging under 3YPC in 2013. Obviously Pierce isn't washed up after less than 200 career carries at 22 yo. I think this leads to the system being the big problem right now and not the RBs. If Pierce was performing well and running up and down the field with ease this year, then I'd be very worried about Rice. The fact that neither RB can get anything going actually makes me feel much better about Rice and the worries that he's done. Obviously the line needs to be issued, and I think the play calling needs a big change as well, but Rice is not done IMO.
This x2. People keep talking about Rice falling off a cliff and being washed up as if he's 30 already. The guy is still just 26, will be 27 by next season. As mentioned above, the o-line has a LOT to do with it I think. I've been monitoring the stats for both Pierce and Rice for weeks to see what the comparison is, and frankly no one in Baltimore has had any success running the ball. I finally got to see a Ravens game this past weekend, and Rice literally had nowhere to go on several carries. He didn't exactly look like a beast the rest of the time, don't get me wrong, but the holes just really weren't there. That offense has a lot of problems IMO, Ray Rice's talent being the least of them.

TXPackFan
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TXPackFan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:40 am

Krang wrote:
BuckeyeNation wrote:I'm not ready to write off Rice yet. I think a lot of the issues are the offensive line and the play calling.
This x2. People keep talking about Rice falling off a cliff and being washed up as if he's 30 already. The guy is still just 26, will be 27 by next season. As mentioned above, the o-line has a LOT to do with it I think. That offense has a lot of problems IMO, Ray Rice's talent being the least of them.
This is where I stand. I don't trust that he'll ever be an elite talent again; there are some good young guys coming up, but I don't think he's done either. If I can get him at a buy low price, I'd definitely like to make that move.

What would you add to someone like Reed if you were going to make a play for him?
12 Team, .5PPR, 6pt TD
QB, RB, WR, TE, R/W, W/T, R/W/T, K, DEF
QB-Wilson, Cousins
RB-Gurley, McCoy, Lynch, Abdullah, Ellington, Gore, Perine, Mack, Kelley, Darkwa
WR-Green, Mike Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Thielen, R. Matthews, Higgins, Ross, A. Steweart
TE-Doyle, Smith
2018-1, 2

FantasyLover
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyLover » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:32 am

I ended up making some trades and ended up:

Giving: Terrance Williams and a 3rd rounder

Get: Ray Rice

I think he rebounds and will be Top 10 PPR rb next year.

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krang » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:27 pm

FantasyLover wrote:I ended up making some trades and ended up:

Giving: Terrance Williams and a 3rd rounder

Get: Ray Rice

I think he rebounds and will be Top 10 PPR rb next year.
Wow. I mean, I like Terrance Williams and all, but holy cow that's low for Rice. I get that a lot of people are down on him, but you robbed the shirt off that guy's back.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:32 pm

ive been shopping rice for a 1st and a prospect. have yet to get a single offer worth considering. havent even been offered a 1st in any deal yet, and def not any prospect worth trading him for. (as they look now) i see no real reason to move him now unless you can get your asking price. there are only a hanful of rb's that crack the top 10 each and every year. most of the time guys come from nowhere to make their way into this range, (guys like gio, bush, jackson, woodhead, thomas, moreno) so i feel no need to panic and think that he is done. are his days of consistently being there with foster, peterson, lynch, mccoy, charles, forte, gore done? perhaps but then i go back and look at that range from 2012 and i find guys like martin, trich, moriss, spiller, sproles, johnson, and ridley....so to me, the bottom line is that rb's can come and go, and while i dont know if rice ever gets back to the top 5 guy, i certainly think that he can get back to the top 12 range and thats worth quite a bit in all of the leagues that i play in. try going out and trading for a low end rb1 and tell me the asking price....its a whole lot more than what owners are trying to get rice for now.

i think giving reed is a nice starting point and what you would need to add depends on the seller. in my opinion reed and a 1st or reed and wright is a fair offer, and one that should be considered by the seller right now. to me, thats a pretty small price to pay if/when rice returns to a relevant rb option. truth be told, we just dont know if he's done or not, but as an owner of rice and realizing the turn around of top rb's every year, i certainly would want something of decent value if i were to move him. i cant help but look at frank gore and how noone has wanted to give anything for the guy over the past few years, yet each year he finishes in the top 15 rb's and would be a great asset to any team, contending or not.

SteelLake
Starter
Starter

Postby SteelLake » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:16 pm

I was offered vjax for him in team in sig, I'm leaning towards no... Trade deadlines in 2 hours
Drew Christopher Brees Football Squad
Dynasty League (10 team)
2013-Present (11 years)
2017, 2022 Champion
8 playoff appearances
Record: 95-61

Keenan Alexander Allen Football Squad
Contract League (12 teams)
2015-Present (8 years)
2022, 2023 Champion
8 Playoff appearances
Record: 84-42

Dar's Outcasts
Redraft league (8-10 teams)
2020- Present (4 years)
2023 Champion
4 Playoff appearances
Record: 41-16

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:20 pm

SteelLake wrote:I was offered vjax for him in team in sig, I'm leaning towards no... Trade deadlines in 2 hours
Easy yes

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:54 pm

SteelLake wrote:I was offered vjax for him in team in sig, I'm leaning towards no... Trade deadlines in 2 hours
i think for that team, you should take it and hope for a good playoff run

SteelLake
Starter
Starter

Postby SteelLake » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Seriously? I have Vjax as 29th dyno wr...

For this year idk how much of a upgrade he is over Fitz... he's too boom or bust for me
Drew Christopher Brees Football Squad
Dynasty League (10 team)
2013-Present (11 years)
2017, 2022 Champion
8 playoff appearances
Record: 95-61

Keenan Alexander Allen Football Squad
Contract League (12 teams)
2015-Present (8 years)
2022, 2023 Champion
8 Playoff appearances
Record: 84-42