Big Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Big Trade

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:34 pm

I'm in a 16 team PPR league. 10 possible points for completion %. All TDs worth 6. IDP.

I'm giving: H. Nicks, S. Bradford, JStew, Brian Orakpo, Rod Streater, 3.07
I'm getting: R. Cobb, 2014 First Round (should be top 6), Reggie Bush

Unfortunately, I am in the most competitive division. In such a QB heavy league, giving up Bradford means giving up my security blanket for Wilson, but the depth RB and adding Cobb is a pretty sweet deal.

QB: R. Wilson, S. Bradford, C. Henne
RB: D. Wilson, R. Mathews, JStew, B. Tate, R. Jennings
WR: H. Nicks, D. Bowe, T. Smith, J. Maclin, D. Alexander, M. Floyd, R. Streater
DL: Geno Atkins
LB: Vontaze Burfict, K.J. Wright, Brian Orakpo
DB: Tyvon Branch, T.J. Ward, Alterraun Verner, Brandon Browner

RichDynastyFB
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Big Trade

Postby RichDynastyFB » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:11 pm

I wouldn't make that trade with you. I guess go for it if you can get it.
10 Team-1 PPR -1 pt/10 yd rush/rec-4 pt pass TD-6 pt Rush TD-2 pt/tackle-6 pt/sack-8 pt Int.
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2-3WR, 1-2 TE, 1PK, 2 DT/DE, 2LB, 2 CB/S

2014 League Champion

QB Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater
RB Le'Veon Bell, Justin Forsett, Giovanni Bernard, Theo Riddick
WR Keenan Allen, Jordy Nelson, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Dontae Moncrief, Marqise Lee,Davante Adams, Brandon LaFell, Allen Hurns, Kenny Stills
TE Rob Gronkowski, Greg Olsen, Delanie Walker
PK Mason Crosby
DE Jurrell Casey, Fletcher Cox
LB Lavonte David, Chris Borland
CB/S Kemal Ismael, H Smith,Robert Blanton, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:13 pm

If that trade was offered to you you should definitely take it. If you're thinking about offering it then I think you're offering too little.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:25 pm

What do you think of
Nicks/Orakpo/3.07 for Cobb
JStew/Bradford for Bush
Maclin for 2014 pick?

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:32 pm

nathandawkins wrote:What do you think of
Nicks/Orakpo/3.07 for Cobb
JStew/Bradford for Bush
Maclin for 2014 pick?
To put it in perspective, If I needed a QB I might, might, do Nicks, Jstew, Bradford, Maclin for Cobb - but probably not. It's just a lot of players that have injury histories and unrealized potential for a young stud, and quantity doesn't add up to quality.

Again, if I was desperate for a qb I might pull the trigger on Jstew / Bradford for Bush, but only if Bush was also my RB3.

I could see an owner doing Maclin for 2014 pick, depending on the round and what their current WR's looked like.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Looking at my team, what do you suggest? I don't know that I really need Cobb -- I'm not great at WR, but I'm not really weak either.

He is in rebuilding mode though. Cobb + some older veterans (i.e. Bush, SJax...).

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 pm

I think you have a lot of players that are at their lowest values right now - NIcks, Mathews, Stewart, Bradford. However, I believe most of these guys values will tick upwards as the season begins so if I were you, as frustrating as it is, I would hold. Patience is your friend right now. Let Nicks get his legs under him and hopefully he starts the season strong, then you can try and trade him, same thing with Mathews.... Wait until Stewart is back on the field and then try and trade him. Right now you'd just be getting pennies on the dollar.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:42 pm

thebeast wrote:I think you have a lot of players that are at their lowest values right now - NIcks, Mathews, Stewart, Bradford. However, I believe most of these guys values will tick upwards as the season begins so if I were you, as frustrating as it is, I would hold. Patience is your friend right now. Let Nicks get his legs under him and hopefully he starts the season strong, then you can try and trade him, same thing with Mathews.... Wait until Stewart is back on the field and then try and trade him. Right now you'd just be getting pennies on the dollar.
*sigh*

I know. Thanks for the advice. I have known it for a while, but you never want to accept that realization.

On the plus side, I got Nicks, Denario Alexander, Greg Jennings, and Jeremy Maclin for Harvin and Ingram from the guy who swept out league last year. I feel pretty good about that now.