Game of Thrones

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
TrentW
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Game of Thrones

Postby TrentW » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:00 pm

How many of you are watching? Just an amazing show, I recommend reading the books beforehand though.
Dynasty IDP / PPR League
50 man roster
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1PK, 1ST, 3DL, 3LB, 3DB
QB: Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, Mike Vick, Chad Henne, Kirk Cousins
RB: Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice, Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, Terrance West, KaDeem Carey
WR: Percy Harvin, Steve Johnson, James Jones, Jordan Matthews, Mohumad Sanu, Kelvin Benjamin, Jeremy Gallon, Julian Edelman, Brian Hartline,
TE: Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, Julius Thomas,Tim Wright
PK: Matt Bryant
ST:
DL: JJ Watt, Cameron Wake, Jullius Peppers, Paul Kruger, Whitney Mercilus
LB: Patrick Willis, Jarod Mayo, Demeco Ryans, Kevin Minter, Nico Johnson,
DB: Ryan Clark, Thomas DeCoud, Charles Godfrey, Richard Marshall, Darrelle Revis, Tyrann Mathieu, Shawn Williams

ScruffyMind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby ScruffyMind » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:32 pm

Agree, Good series, excellent books, quite a bit of differences between the 2, but in the long run the spirit of the books is being translated fairly in the series.

TrentW
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TrentW » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Yes season one gave me high hopes for a version that was going to be so true to the books, season 2 stuff started veering off the rails but overall I can't complain because the only thing better on television currently is Breaking Bad IMO.
Dynasty IDP / PPR League
50 man roster
RB: Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice, Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, Terrance West, KaDeem Carey
WR: Percy Harvin, Steve Johnson, James Jones, Jordan Matthews, Mohumad Sanu, Kelvin Benjamin, Jeremy Gallon, Julian Edelman, Brian Hartline,
ST:
DB: Ryan Clark, Thomas DeCoud, Charles Godfrey, Richard Marshall, Darrelle Revis, Tyrann Mathieu, Shawn Williams

TrentW
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TrentW » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:53 pm

I know as a book reader I have been waiting for the Red Wedding since Season 2, I can say that the show only fans crying did not dissapoint.
Dynasty IDP / PPR League
50 man roster
ST:

Raidernation24
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raidernation24 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:30 pm

great show omg season finally was amazing i have a league themed game of thrones sorta 3 divions targareans lannisters and baratheons:p

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:49 pm

I've read the books. It's a much better tv show than the books are books. The books go off the rails in books 4 and 5 and I can't imagine how the TV show is going to wade through all the filler to make a coherent, watchable tv show. I wish I hadn't read the books.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Never read the books, but love the show.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:43 pm

RobertBobson wrote:I've read the books. It's a much better tv show than the books are books. The books go off the rails in books 4 and 5 and I can't imagine how the TV show is going to wade through all the filler to make a coherent, watchable tv show. I wish I hadn't read the books.
You really suggest not reading the books. I've watched all 3 seasons, and I am almost done with "a game of thrones". I was thinking of catching up with the TV show in the books during the long break in between seasons, I then watch season for, then continue reading again.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

anakin
All Pro
All Pro

Postby anakin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:52 pm

I started reading the books right after Season 3 ended. I'm already reading "A Feast for Crows" (the fourth book) and I'm glad I did it this way. GRRM is very involved in the TV show, so I'm fine with it this way. I don't have an electronic reading device so I will probably wait to read "A Dance with Dragons" until it comes out in paperback in October.

Just got into Breaking Bad and I'm scrambling to watch them all before the 2nd half of S5 begins.
Follow me on twitter @AndrewMiley

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:03 pm

justinkilmer wrote:
RobertBobson wrote:I've read the books. It's a much better tv show than the books are books. The books go off the rails in books 4 and 5 and I can't imagine how the TV show is going to wade through all the filler to make a coherent, watchable tv show. I wish I hadn't read the books.
You really suggest not reading the books. I've watched all 3 seasons, and I am almost done with "a game of thrones". I was thinking of catching up with the TV show in the books during the long break in between seasons, I then watch season for, then continue reading again.

I really do suggest it. I wish I could have seen something like the Red Wedding the first time on TV, not knowing it was coming. And books 4 and 5 really soured me.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen