IDP Rookie Owner - Where to go from here..

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
jjsteffe
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

IDP Rookie Owner - Where to go from here..

Postby jjsteffe » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Like Hambuglar, I'm breaking my IDP cherry with a mother of a league with 16 owners and 40+ man rosters.

I'm good on the offensive side, but lil shakey on DPs. I fear I didn't draft enough vets to hold down each week and too many projects or sleepers. Any advice?

Starting: 1DT, 2DE, 3LB, 2CB, 2S and one DP Flex

DT: Linval Joseph / Haloti Ngata
DE: Chandler Jones / Desmond Bryant / Kroy Biermann / Sheldon Richardson
LB: Aldon Smith, Paul Krugar, Jon-Lonn, Dunbar, Emmanuel Lamur, Brooks Reed, Zavair Gooden
CB: Dre Kirkpatrick, Brandon Boykin, Tracy Porter
S: Rahim Moore, Antonie Bethea, Rashad Johnson, Jerron McMillian

Will be adding full team in sig shortly. Be brutal, anything to help me fix this early so I can adapt. I made moves to stock up on 2014 picks full well knowing the IDP learning curve would hurt me outa the gate in year 1.
Last edited by jjsteffe on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man's League - .5 PPR 16 Teams
QB:Peyton Manning, Flacco, Graham Harrel
RB:McFadden, SJax, Reggie Bush, Bryce Brown, Andre Brown, Mike Goodson, E. Royster, Dujuan Harris
WR:Hakeem Nicks, Decker, Little, Hixon, Edelman, Robert Wood
TE:Pitta,M. Lewis, Ballard, Clay, Escobar
DP:Sean Weatherspoon, Aldon Smith, Courtland Finnigan

Liquid Gold - 16 Team IDP
QB: Brady, Kolb, Mallet, Glennon
RB: A. Morris / Forte, Royster, Forsett, D. Harris
WR: Welker, DX, Jeffrey, Broyles, Kerley, Hixon, Salas, Wylie, Goodwin
TE: Dressen, Fasano, Coffman
DT: Linval Joseph, H. Ngata
DE: Chandler Jones, Desmond Bryant, Kroy Biermann, Sheldon Richardson
LB: Aldon Smith, Paul Krugar, Jon-Lonn Dunbar, Brooks Reed, Emmanuel Lamur, Zavier Gooden
S: Antonie Bethea, Rahim Moore, Rashad Johnson, Jerron McMillian

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Re: IDP Rookie Owner - Where to go from here..

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:05 pm

jjsteffe wrote:
LB: Aldon Smith, Emmanuel Lamur, Jon-Lonn, Dunbar, Paul Krugar, Brooks Reed, Zavair Gooden
First of all, settings completely change the worth of players in IDP. Aldon Smith may be great and he may be really average. But honestly it's not great. You have some pieces but a lot of holes. Lamur isn't even starting for example and he's a waiver wire player. You need a lot of work on your LBs and DEs after the first guy in each.

Pix
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Pix » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:20 am

I've only got one year IDP experience, but here goes. That doesn't look too bad to me, given the 16 teams and the extra picks next year.

We need to know more about the scoring, not just tackles v sacks but also offense v defense, to know to what extent you can stash IDPs. Roster size too: 40-42 is pretty tight for 19 starters, while 44-48 gives you more flexibility to stash prospects. In general though, I wouldn't stash IDPs unless I think they'll start within a year and they have significant upside. And even then I'm only talking about LBs and 4-3 DEs, and possibly an SS.

I would only roster 1DT and use the waiver wire on his bye-week. They're both big names, you might be able to trade one for an LB2.

And of course scour the waiver wire for players that slipped through the cracks. Adrian Clayborn may have gone unnoticed because of his lost 2012. Brad Jones just inherited a starting position. Demario Davis, Nigel Bradham may have been overlooked in favor of rookies. Danny Trevathan too if you believe he'll ever start. I don't suppose Keenan Robinson, Khaseem Greene, Carradine or Swearinger went undrafted in a league that size, but they should be owned. Guys I wouldn't pick up but would be monitoring: Mauti, Cornelius Washington, Hodges, Kevin Reddick, Jelani Jenkins, Vince Williams.

I would also be asking the wise ones on here what is happening with the LBs in Oakland. Will Nick Roach start at MLB? Or is there a chance that Sio Moore starts at WLB, Roach at SLB, leaving a productive MLB who's probably sitting on your waiver wire?

Other owners may offer you defensive starters for your offensive bench players. Be very wary of these offers, but again it depends on the scoring.

Overall, I'd be more concerned with who my next QB will be.

jjsteffe
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jjsteffe » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:36 am

voiceofunreason wrote:
jjsteffe wrote:
LB: Aldon Smith, Emmanuel Lamur, Jon-Lonn, Dunbar, Paul Krugar, Brooks Reed, Zavair Gooden
First of all, settings completely change the worth of players in IDP. Aldon Smith may be great and he may be really average. But honestly it's not great. You have some pieces but a lot of holes. Lamur isn't even starting for example and he's a waiver wire player. You need a lot of work on your LBs and DEs after the first guy in each.
That was my bad for putting Lamur at 2nd, moved him back as the project he is. Scoring is .5 PPR, 4 PT Sacks and fairly standard rest of the way... full breakdown here: http://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... 64345&O=09
RB:McFadden, SJax, Reggie Bush, Bryce Brown, Andre Brown, Mike Goodson, E. Royster, Dujuan Harris

LB: Aldon Smith, Paul Krugar, Jon-Lonn Dunbar, Brooks Reed, Emmanuel Lamur, Zavier Gooden

Pix
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Pix » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:41 am

OMG! That is one helluva time-consuming league! Very different scoring for different positions - 3pt tackles for DL, 3pt pass defensed for DL, even the PPR varies. It would take weeks to get your head round that scoring. And 50 man rosters plus 6 taxi spots. That's almost 3 times the number of starters, bucketloads of stashing room, total player pool of about 900. Ignore absolutely everything I wrote above, for sure all those players I mentioned will be rostered.

jjsteffe
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jjsteffe » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:14 am

Pix wrote:OMG! That is one helluva time-consuming league! Very different scoring for different positions - 3pt tackles for DL, 3pt pass defensed for DL, even the PPR varies. It would take weeks to get your head round that scoring. And 50 man rosters plus 6 taxi spots. That's almost 3 times the number of starters, bucketloads of stashing room, total player pool of about 900. Ignore absolutely everything I wrote above, for sure all those players I mentioned will be rostered.

Yea, it's a monster of a league. It's actually 32 owners - but the player pool is doubled, so effectively 16. As for my QB, I hope to address in next year's rookie draft with 6 picks in first 3 rounds. Mallet and Glennon are just lottery tickets for now and hopefully Kolb stays the starter long enough to get me through the bye week.

JOBOOZOSO
Starter
Starter

Postby JOBOOZOSO » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:57 pm

Don't worry about DL or DB. Options will become available in the first month of the season... if you're quick on the waiver-wire draw.

Play the matchups; this is example from 2012:
http://football33.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... ND_WEEK=17

You need to find a LB who racks up solo tackles.
Free Fantasy Football and Baseball Aggregator for Player News, Articles, Strategies, Advice, Sleepers, Prospects, Rankings, and Twitter

FLGM provides more relevant, daily football information than any other aggregator... combined!

Follow the fantasy action at http://www.FantasyLeagueGM.com

2013 Fantasy Football Re-Draft Rankings including IDP
http://www.FantasyLeagueGM.com/2013-rankings