What's My Next Move?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jbenz0208
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

What's My Next Move?

Postby jbenz0208 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 am

We just had our rookie draft and we're entering year 3. It's a 2QB so with no glaring needs I took Manuel at 1.8 and Franklin at 2.2. I had 2.8 and 2.10 but no one really stuck out to me there so I traded each for a 2014 2nd and now have 3 next year. I think I'm in good shape and should compete this year so my question is what's my next move? What position or player should I be targeting? Any input would help out.

harahduh2
All Pro
All Pro

Re: What's My Next Move?

Postby harahduh2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 am

I'd really like to know who was available when you traded out of your 2013 2nd round positions. Thats where I believe most of the value plays are in this class.
Follow me on Twitter @harahduh2

Hangin' w/ Mr. Cooper
QB: Ryan, Winston
WR: Amari, Watkins, Cooks, Adams, Coleman, Perriman, White, Conley, Britt, Hardy
RB: Yeldon, Crowell, Booker, McKinnon, Marshall, Williams
TE: Walford, Higbee

Mega-Tron Legacy
QB: Carr, Wilson, Rivers, Flacco
RB: Miller, Hyde, Ingram, Yeldon.
WR: Hopkins, Arob, Cooks, Watkins, JMatt, Benji, White, Crabtree
TE: Gronk, Ebron, Rodgers, Walford

Duck Dynasty
QB: Carr, Dak, Eli
RB: Gurley, Gordon, Ingram, Montgomery, Drake, Jones, Michael
WR: Amari, Arob, Cooks, Watkins, Adams, JMatt, Dorsett, Funchess, Woods
TE: Gronk, ASJ

jbenz0208
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jbenz0208 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:11 am

I agree the value lies in the mid to late 2nd round in this draft but the players didn't really grab me, plus I'd prefer next year's 2nds with a stronger class or for trade bait. The owners I swapped with took Stacy and Eifert(I have Graham).

Back to the original question-any thoughts where to go or what moves to make?

harahduh2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby harahduh2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:25 am

I think you have a glaring need at QB. It's almost impossible to win in that format without at least one top 5 QB. As much as you probably don't want to do it, you'd have to give up either Rice or Charles plus one of your QBs to upgrade your top QB to give yourself a legit shot to win the title. You also don't even have a backup TE, so I think passing on Eifert in the 2nd round was a mistake. Also, was it Eifert, or Eifert's situation that didn't grab you?
Follow me on Twitter @harahduh2

Hangin' w/ Mr. Cooper
QB: Ryan, Winston
WR: Amari, Watkins, Cooks, Adams, Coleman, Perriman, White, Conley, Britt, Hardy
RB: Yeldon, Crowell, Booker, McKinnon, Marshall, Williams
TE: Walford, Higbee

Mega-Tron Legacy
QB: Carr, Wilson, Rivers, Flacco
RB: Miller, Hyde, Ingram, Yeldon.
WR: Hopkins, Arob, Cooks, Watkins, JMatt, Benji, White, Crabtree
TE: Gronk, Ebron, Rodgers, Walford

Duck Dynasty
QB: Carr, Dak, Eli
RB: Gurley, Gordon, Ingram, Montgomery, Drake, Jones, Michael
WR: Amari, Arob, Cooks, Watkins, Adams, JMatt, Dorsett, Funchess, Woods
TE: Gronk, ASJ

jbenz0208
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jbenz0208 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:29 pm

I understand what you're saying with Eifert but I didn't want to use a 2nd round pick on a TE who realistically will never start on my team. Romo/Eli are low end QB1s/high end QB2s for the next 3-4 years so, while they're not elite, they're serviceable. It's almost impossible to get Luck, Cam, or Rodgers in this league.

Anyone else? Suggestions or ideas?

jbenz0208
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jbenz0208 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:17 am

Anyone else with some words of wisdom? I was offered Brees for Charles, a 1st, and Dalton but don't think that makes sense for my team and it's an overpay.

JayZ525
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JayZ525 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Agreed above, you seem deep at wr why not try and trade percy, dalton, and like floyd for a young qb like stafford, a backup TE ooo say fleener, let him develop and maybe a future pick?

You'll also have a qb to move after that..just a thought
10 team, 2 qb, .5 ppr, 5 pt passing td, 6 pts rush/rec tds (7 qb roster max):
QB: A. Rodgers, D. Prescott, M. Stafford, M. Mariotta
RB: T. Gurley, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, K. Johnson, M. Sanders, M. Ingram, I. Smith, J. Jackson, S. Ware, C. Grant, C. Warren, Dex. Williams
WR: M. Evans, K. Allen, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Sutton, D. Jackson, D. Funchess, D Hamilton, JJAW, Tay. Taylor, T. Quinn
TE: Z. Ertz, OJ Howard, D. Goedert, M. Andrews
DEF: Minnesota

2020 Picks 1,3,4

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:54 pm

pondo86 wrote:Anyone else with some words of wisdom? I was offered Brees for Charles, a 1st, and Dalton but don't think that makes sense for my team and it's an overpay.
I would counter with Murray, a 1st, and Eli. I think that makes a lot more sense for your team.

Romo/Eli are both low end QB1/high end QB2 types, it's tough to win a title with 2 qbs like that, especially in a 10 team league. Especially since the rest of your team is very solid, but not totally stacked. I love Charles, but I'm not very high on Rice. And your WRs get questionable pretty quick. Nicks is always a risk, and DHB/Shorts are upside type guys who are far from studs. Obviously it's great to have Graham though.

My point is, I don't think you're stacked enough at WR/RB/TE to win a title in a 10 team league with two mediocre QBs.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

riseup
Rookie
Rookie

Postby riseup » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:27 pm

I'd sit on your roster if your trying to win. Your roster is very talented and your wr depth is good but your 3 starters are injury prone. Romo and Eli are solid enough because of your skill position talent.

jbenz0208
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jbenz0208 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:05 pm

aussie-totally get what you're saying and you're right, it's tough to win without that clear cut qb1 which i definitely lack, hence why I'm trying to get the qb1. the good thing is that there really are no absolutely stacked teams in the league so i think i can make a push

riseup-i have a bunch of question marks at wr definitely but, if healthy, they can all put up numbers. hopefully only 1 will be hurt at a time

i was offered peyton for eli and nicks which i think is outrageous, then he asked for shorts instead of nicks. any ideas for a counter? the owner should be rebuilding in a year or two tops. any other aging qbs to target or moves to make?

riseup
Rookie
Rookie

Postby riseup » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:17 am

Ya your wr will def put up numbers. Love nicks especially and harvin is "somewhat injury prone" but I think he ends up more on the injury report than actually not playing. If you can't necessarily find an aging qb for a decent trade, then I would feel around the league for some of the younger upside qbs.